This topic contains 16 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Hitster 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    BallerScript
    Participant

I have done comments for all the first round picks and I am still working on second round comments. If you have any questions, thoughts or comments just say/ask.

-Thanks

MikeCopp
    Participant

The Knicks aren’t looking for someone to build as around as much as they are looking to find the best immediate impact player. Mudiay is more of a project than an immediate contribution. Lots of talks of them trading down. However if they do not, they’re eying Winslow. Mudiay’s game doesn’t fit the triangle. They prefer players who have range, and can play defense. The two things Mudiay needs to work on. He’s got the potential to be a top 10 PG for sure, but sometimes players can’t thrive in certain systems and the triangle seems far from a perfect fit for him. With Galloway and Calderon they’re not really looking for a point guard anyway. They’re not great players but it’s not a postional need they need to fix. Especially where the triangle system has everyone as a facilitator rather than one individual. 

MikeCopp
    Participant

The Knicks aren’t looking for someone to build as around as much as they are looking to find the best immediate impact player. Mudiay is more of a project than an immediate contribution. Lots of talks of them trading down. However if they do not, they’re eying Winslow. Mudiay’s game doesn’t fit the triangle. They prefer players who have range, and can play defense. The two things Mudiay needs to work on. He’s got the potential to be a top 10 PG for sure, but sometimes players can’t thrive in certain systems and the triangle seems far from a perfect fit for him. With Galloway and Calderon they’re not really looking for a point guard anyway. They’re not great players but it’s not a postional need they need to fix. Especially where the triangle system has everyone as a facilitator rather than one individual. 

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Trey Lyles is not falling out of the lottery, you can bet on that. Too many lottery teams like him. Phil Jackson loves him and thinks he would perfect for the triangle. They could be looking to trade down to get him. Pistons like him as a replacement for Monroe once they lose him to free agency. Hornets like him as well as a replacement to Big AL if they lose him to free agency. The Pacers also like him as an upgrade over David West. So that’s 4 lottery teams that all like him. That should be enough to convince everyone that Lyles is not going to fall out of the lottery.

MikeCopp
      Participant

If the Pistons have the option of Lyles and Porzingis who would they prefer? Lyles seems more NBA ready, while Porzingis seems like a project that could either pan out or fall flat. 

MikeCopp
      Participant

If the Pistons have the option of Lyles and Porzingis who would they prefer? Lyles seems more NBA ready, while Porzingis seems like a project that could either pan out or fall flat. 

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Trey Lyles is not falling out of the lottery, you can bet on that. Too many lottery teams like him. Phil Jackson loves him and thinks he would perfect for the triangle. They could be looking to trade down to get him. Pistons like him as a replacement for Monroe once they lose him to free agency. Hornets like him as well as a replacement to Big AL if they lose him to free agency. The Pacers also like him as an upgrade over David West. So that’s 4 lottery teams that all like him. That should be enough to convince everyone that Lyles is not going to fall out of the lottery.

TRC1991
    Participant

Don’t think Delon Wright slips out of the 1st round 

TRC1991
    Participant

Don’t think Delon Wright slips out of the 1st round 

WinterSoldier
    Participant

I like your mock. I think Turner or WCS both would be good picks for the Kings. I also like Oubre to the Jazz, Hayward really doesn’t have a serious backup if he ever gets hurt. Nobody really has any idea how the actual draft will develop but yours is as likely as anybody elses. Your logic for and why teams take each pick is good so don’t worry too much about critisism. Those critisizing you have never guessed draft correct or even been close to correct on the actual draft.

WinterSoldier
    Participant

I like your mock. I think Turner or WCS both would be good picks for the Kings. I also like Oubre to the Jazz, Hayward really doesn’t have a serious backup if he ever gets hurt. Nobody really has any idea how the actual draft will develop but yours is as likely as anybody elses. Your logic for and why teams take each pick is good so don’t worry too much about critisism. Those critisizing you have never guessed draft correct or even been close to correct on the actual draft.

CavFanPR
      Participant

Turner would be a fantastic pick for the Kings. Remember, they passed up on Noah Vonleh in last years draft. If he (Turner) is avaiable when they pick, it would be crazy if they pass up on him. He has a chance to be just as good (or better) than Vonleh. Put Myles Turner next to Boogie Cousin and all of the sudden, you have a wicked front court.

CavFanPR
      Participant

Turner would be a fantastic pick for the Kings. Remember, they passed up on Noah Vonleh in last years draft. If he (Turner) is avaiable when they pick, it would be crazy if they pass up on him. He has a chance to be just as good (or better) than Vonleh. Put Myles Turner next to Boogie Cousin and all of the sudden, you have a wicked front court.

sitlbito
    Participant

Interesting how you got Luwawu and Alpha Kaba at the end of the first round. I’ve heard Kaba will put his name out of the draft by the way. Luwawu in the first round would be a reach,considering he’s not an nba player at this point. He’s a draft and stash and that may be why you have him going to SA. Don’t think WCS falls to 11 but not unrealistic neither.

sitlbito
    Participant

Interesting how you got Luwawu and Alpha Kaba at the end of the first round. I’ve heard Kaba will put his name out of the draft by the way. Luwawu in the first round would be a reach,considering he’s not an nba player at this point. He’s a draft and stash and that may be why you have him going to SA. Don’t think WCS falls to 11 but not unrealistic neither.

Hitster
    Participant

Nice mock, not too many I disagree with in the first round and a lot of the guys look nice fits for their teams.

Hitster
    Participant

Nice mock, not too many I disagree with in the first round and a lot of the guys look nice fits for their teams.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login