NBADraft Hall of Fame (Stats)
This is an extended look at ProudGrandpa's recent Hall of Fame post which can be found here:
I've done some statistics with the help of Microsoft Excel, and because it's storming outside and I have nothing better to do. I did find it interesting how the stats pretty much measure up to everyone's suggestions/votes for the Hall of Fame in PG's previous post. There are a few new faces that weren't mentioned there that show up here though.
If the Hall of Fame was based on statistics, I've broke them down into three qualifying categories & one automatic entry:
• Automatic Entry - 10000 Points and/or 10000 Posts
• Qualifying Points - 3000
Minimum Points to be considered - 3000
• Qualifying Posts - 5000
Minimum Posts to be considered - 1000
• Qualifying PTP(Points to Post) ratio - 2.0
Minimum PTP Ratio to be considered 1.0
*A poster will need to meet at least two qualifying categories to make it into the NBADraft Hall of Fame. Their qualifying totals will be displayed along with their name if they meet said requirements.*
NBADraft Hall of Famers
Tier 1 (Meets all three qualifying categories)
• mcdunkin - 25557 Points, 6932 Posts, 3.69 PTP
• mikeyvthedon - 11247 Points, 5284 Posts, 2.13 PTP
• Y2G - 12078 Points, 5408 Posts, 2.23 PTP
Tier 2 (Has amassed either 10000 Points and/or 10000 Posts; also must qualify in at least two categories)
• RUDEBOY__ - 11460 Points, 6526 Posts
• IndianaBasketball - 21921 Points, 12118 Posts
• Jnixon - 11805 Points, 12868 Posts
• JoeWolf1 - 13017 Points, 7100 Posts
• llperez - 10496 Points, 11395 Posts
• Tongue-Out-Like-23 - 10233 Points, 7526 Posts
Tier 3 (Meets at least two qualifying categories)
• paradigmn - 4199 Points, 3.79 PTP
• FastAndFurious - 8343 Points, 2.48 PTP
• Scottoant93 - 4970 Points, 2.09 PTP
• WizKid - 4365 Points, 2.16 PTP
• Siggy - 6816 Points, 2.89 PTP
• Nbanflguy - 8206 Points, 4.50 PTP
• akhan786 - 6255 Points, 3.82 PTP
• I May Be SHARPE - 5722 Points, 3.81 PTP
• Lebron's Hairline - 5413 Points, 2.60 PTP
• mess.eee - 4968 Points, 2.56 PTP
• Chilbert arenas - 4688 Points, 2.22 PTP
• JunkYardDog - 3140 Points, 2.74 PTP
• r377 - 3046 Points, 2.47 PTP
• butidonthavemoney - 9515 Points, 6088 Posts
• OrangeJuiceJones - 5611 Points, 2.16 PTP
• I May Be Off Topic - 8074 Points, 4.86 PTP
• ItsDwightHoward - 3674 Points, 2.20 PTP
• DanEboy - 6467 Points, 2.62 PTP
• M-DYMES - 6857 Points, 2.59 PTP
• aamir543 - 5561 Points, 5031 Posts
Bubble (Meets two qualifying categories, but fails to meet one minimum requirement)
• OhCanada- - 4724 Points, 5461 Posts, Fails to meet minimum PTP of 1.0
• Cynthia - 3233 Points, 6.40 PTP, Fails to meet minimum of 1000 Posts
• Raef LaFrentz - 3027 Points, 3.54 PTP, Fails to meet minimum of 1000 Posts
• Windy City Assassin - 4258 Points, 5116 Posts, Fails to meet minimum PTP of 1.0
Raef LaFrentz in the Hall of Fame.... HAHAHAHA
In the 'point whore' - hall of fame....
You Mr. Cynthia, are not any near either.
Raef LaFrentz in the Hall of Fame.... HAHAHAHA...
In the 'point whore' - hall of fame.
You Mr. Cynthia, are not anywhere near the half of fame either.
I wasn't replying to you. I was making sure people understand that I'm not trying to call the 'hall of fame' a 'pointwhore-hall of me'.
First two lines and third lines are two different ideas.
Here's the thing: the Hall of Fame should NOT be based off statistics. NoMoney has been one of the biggest contributors to this forum ever, Like, Top 3 biggest, LeroyJenkins is maybe the funniest user on here. Auber invented John Bryant jokes. And I'm not saying you would disagree with me on this, but if we actually did this Hall of Fame thingy, statistics would probably not be a smart end all-be all for inclusion.
But they would help! ANd I appreciate all the time you put into this, as I am an NBADraft.net junkie. Oh and, btw, llperez doesn't meet the 1-to-1 Pts-posts requirement. And everyone knows that I'm the greatest poster who ever lived.
Yes llperez fails in the PTP department, but I also said in the rules it's an automatic entry if you have 10,000 points or 10,000 posts and he has both. Regardless of PTP that's an immense accomplishment and dedication to the site, deserves a spot in my opinion.
Thanks guys, for the love. Let me know when everything goes down so I can get my tuxedo a la John Stockton.
Damn. Is it wierd that I feel honored to even have been included in this post? Haha. Didn't really think that my input was noticed or recognized all that much. Either way, NBADraft.net pretty much raised me so I'm not going anywhere.
Why is your picture Andre Roberson? I remember you b!itching about your Thunder reaching for him and ripping OKC saying they had a bad trade.
It was a big a reach, and I'm still not happy about it. However out of the 4 picks Andre is the only one I can see becoming a legit rotation player in due time.
I watched Andre Roberson in college and I really like him a lot. I wasn't angry because I think he's bad, I was angry because I thought there was much better choices available.
But in all seriousness, Proud Grandpa is right, there should be some sort of vote or something for us in tier 3 and also for the guys on the bubble..
Yes I agree it would come to a vote, this was just how it would look if it was strictly by statistics. Though for the most part I'd say it's pretty accurate. I do agree nomoney should be higher, he was about 500 posts off from reaching that 10,000 mark.
Kind of like how the real hall of fame works, stats are accounted for as a major part, but it still comes down to a vote in the end.
Also, TC_42 has been an AMAZING poster who just doesn't post very often. Guys like that miss out with these statistics. But this is exciting. It'd be cool if we got to make this official.
Me and TC_42 have about the same amount of posts, but he didn't have the point requirement. But he was very close to the Bubble statistically. But in a vote I think he'd make Tier 3. There was actually about 10 others guys that are probably worthy of Tier 3 or Bubble but got snubbed due to almost hitting the requirements but being just shy. But also I don't think 50+ people should be in the HoF either so I had to have a cut off somewhere.
Blood testing before being admitted to the Hall, just so we know point total wasn't inflated from HGH?
Or HPH? Human Post Hormone?