NBA Draft: Which Freshmans are locks to enter the 2013 NBA Draft?

lakeshow22
NBA Draft: Which Freshmans are locks to enter the 2013 NBA Draft?

which freshman would you say are locks or close to it that will enter the draft no matter how far there team goes. I Say

Shabaazz, Archie Goodwin and Nerlens Noel and Mclemore would be locks and Poythress, Marcus Smart, Bennett and GR3 could all return for there sophomore year

Chilbert arenas
Chilbert arenas's picture
Bennett needs to strike while

Bennett needs to strike while the iron is hot

pistolpete7
pistolpete7's picture
I think Isaiah Austin will

I think Isaiah Austin will enter the draft.

theprophet
bazz, bmac, noel only locks.

bazz, bmac, noel only locks. every other freshman is a wild card. it is to early.

JM40
I'd say Muhammad, Noel,

I'd say Muhammad, Noel, Bennett, and McLemore are locks. Smart, Goodwin, and Austin should enter as they would all go top 20. After that, maybe Poythress, Cauley-Stein, and Robinson III might be tempted to leave if they are projected in the top 15-20 (which I think they will be). I wouldn't be surprised if a few surprise entries are on the list (Jakarr Sampson, A.J. Hammons, Jahii Carson, and Jordan Adams).

FearTheStache
FearTheStache's picture
Marcus Smart would be SMART

Marcus Smart would be SMART (see what I did there?) if he left now. It's not like OK State will be pulling a Gilbert Arenas, bringing any weapons for him, in this upcoming recruiting class.

Lebron's Hairline
Lebron's Hairline's picture
Every freshman who has

Every freshman who has lottery potential should enter, next years draft will bring their stock down alot

cballreal
"Jordan Adams"

UCLA has another consistent "STAR" You are so right!! Any freshman that has any chance at a lottery pick better enter. Go NOW while you are healthy, and your STOCK is up. Next year brings on new talent, and pressure. Of course "Bazz" is a goner but UCLA's "JORDAN ADAMS "should go too if "Bazz" is going. Mr. Oak Hill Academy is the truuuth!! "Adams" always has the offensive game, he is like the 6th or 7th highest scorer in pac-12 now,listed as one of the top freshman of the year, but NOW this guy has become a beast on Defense lately too. He has like 60 steals already this year, and high rebounds too. He is the most complete,versatile player on the "Bruins" team for real. Bazz & "ADAMS" stat's are very similar..His bball IQ is legit.. Again last night the baby Bruins pulled it off in overtime winning over Arizona state. Again, "Adams" had another 22 point game. Any NBA team should grab "Adams" now, and train, and mold him with his raw talent. "Anderson" is improving his game too.This is my favorite freshman class right now!!

Malcolmx
Malcolmx's picture
Bennett is a lock. It is not

Bennett is a lock. It is not a coin toss thing,he is entering.

JJeff6
JJeff6's picture
If your a top ten pick this

If your a top ten pick this year, you better enter. If you hold back and have a sophomore slump, you slip hard with the Jabari Parkers and Andrew Wiggins coming in to move you down.

DunksNJordans23
DunksNJordans23's picture
NBAU

As crazy as it sounds I think Alex Poythress, Archie Goodwin, and Nerlens Noel all leave UK. Shabazz is def gone, Marcus Smart, so is Bennet, and B-Mac is gone. Isaiah Austin should stay but he won't, Glenn Robinson III is probably going to leave as well even though he shouldn't, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Kyle Anderson leave UCLA if they make any type of tourney run.

strobox88
@ DunksJordans23: Kyle

@ DunksJordans23: Kyle Anderson will never be a lottery pick in the upcoming 2013 NBA Draft.

DunksNJordans23
DunksNJordans23's picture
I didn't say he was, I just

I didn't say he was, I just think he will leave. Anderson has really been stepping up. He is averaging something like 9 points, 9 rebounds, and 4 assists. If UCLA makes any sort of a run, let's say even just to the sweet 16 he is gone.

OneAndDone
OneAndDone's picture
UK guys

I really think once again all the Kentucky guys will head to the NBA. By that I mean Noel, Goodwin, Poythress, WCS, and probably even Harrow. The class that they have coming in in 2013 is, on paper, the best Cal has put together and I dont see any of these guys getting as much time on the court as they want if they aren't making money like they would be in the NBA. I could see Cauley-Stein potentially coming back if Aaron Gordon or Julius Randle don't decide to play in Lexington, but if one of the two decide to go there he is as good as gone too because with Cal's shallow rotation he wont get the minutes he deserves. Harrow def needs more seasoning but with Andrew Harrison coming in he will be nothing more than a backup so i think he goes too.

OneAndDone
OneAndDone's picture
Harrow

I realize Harrow isn't a freshman but it's his first year playing at UK so I kinda think of him in that bunch.

cominup7
Tourney Hope

For some of these freshmen it really depends on their play in the tourney, the ones that make it there at least.

With Noel out, I can see Cauley-Stein making a Daniel Orton-like jump to the league, and of course any freshman in the top 10 of ANY mock is probably a good bet to go pro.

GRIII is likely coming out since Burke and Hardaway Jr. are surely leaving after this yr, and he probably won't want to hurt his draft stock by having to lead that Michigan team basically by himself next yr.

cballreal
ucla pac-12 title/jordan adams

I'm so glad that ucla won the title after so many years. The "BabyBruin" award goes to freshman "Jordan Adams" This young man has played excellent ball this year all the way from November. Remember when He pulled them out o Mizzou, Idiana which are very good teams. He kept his scoing up, and then became a more than average defender. All of those adjustments were not easy when you are 3000 miles away from his hometown Atlanta...Despite being from an entirely different coast He made his own name shine in Westwood. Also, congrats to "Bazz" going pro.

RSS: Syndicate content