This topic contains 18 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Danielcmccarty 7 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Anton123
    Participant

A lot of people consider this draft class to be pretty weak and I think I agree. However, there are a lot of first-time NBA players coming over next season which will make this rookie class a lot stronger. 

The players include: Joel Embiid, Dario Saric (12th pick in 2014), Tomas Satoransky (32nd pick in 2012), Alex Abrines (32nd pick in 2013), Willy Hernandogomez (35th pick in 2015), Nicolas Brussino, Maurice Ndour, Mindaugas Kuzminskas.

Who do you expect to have an impact this year? Anyone I forgot?

This is a quick projection of the top rookies by production next year. Please don’t judge to hard, the main purpose of the list is to show that I think players from other classes will have a bigger impact than most players from the 2016 draft.

I think guys like Bender, Chriss and Poeltl are projects and won’t do much in their first year. 

1. Ben Simmons (Sixers will let him make some mistakes and find his groove)

2. Kris Dunn (Third guard behind LaVine and Rubio)

3. Joel Embiid (Many think he will challenge his own teammate for ROY, health is the main question)

4. Buddy Hield (I’m not high on Hield, but he already has an NBA role and Eric Gordon just left)

5. Dario Saric (I think the Sixers will find a way to get him on the court)

6. Brandon Ingram (The SF spot is wide open, Lakers will probably let him play through his struggles)

7. Jaylen Brown (They probably plan to find time for him if they picked him top 3)

8. Jamal Murray (Not clear how much he’ll play behind Will Barton, Muidiay and Harris)

9. Domantas Sabonis (with Ibaka gone may get minutes at PF)

10. Willy Hernandogomez (New York is short on big men, will probably give Willy minutes straight away)

11. Thon Maker (I have a feeling the Bucks will find a place to squeeze Maker in. They seem to love him and if Monroe is traded there won’t be many gig men in front of him)

12. Tomas Satoransky (versatile player that will log minutes at PG, SG and SF).

13. Brice Johnson (one of the more NBA ready rookies, the only big men Clippers have behind Jordan and Griffin are Speighs and Diamond Stone)

14. Caris Lavert (he plays for the Nets which means he will get minutes)

15. Alex Abrines (Thunder’s rotations next year are a mystery to me, but they’ve been waiting for Abrines for a while and I think he’ll find some minutes)

Who are your top 10-15 rookies for this year? 

llperez

I like Hernangomez for the nuggets. Also Brice johnson will probably be Behind Brandon bass for the clips I doubt Brice has a big impact as a rookie.

llperez

I like Hernangomez for the nuggets. Also Brice johnson will probably be Behind Brandon bass for the clips I doubt Brice has a big impact as a rookie.

llperez

Dazzling Dunks and Basketball Bloopers
    Participant

If LaVert can stay healthy he is definitely one of my sleeper picks for All-Rookie consideration. The SG spot is basically wide open for Brooklyn and no one is really doubting his talent, just his ability to stay on the floor.

Participant

If LaVert can stay healthy he is definitely one of my sleeper picks for All-Rookie consideration. The SG spot is basically wide open for Brooklyn and no one is really doubting his talent, just his ability to stay on the floor.

Participant

Choppy
    Participant

I disagree, Poeltl is one of the more NBA ready rookies this year. With Biyombo gone, Poeltl will have a role on the Raps this season.

Choppy
    Participant

I disagree, Poeltl is one of the more NBA ready rookies this year. With Biyombo gone, Poeltl will have a role on the Raps this season.

Anton123
      Participant

I think that Sullinger and Noguiera will take the minutes Scola and Biyombo left free. If Valanciunas is healthy I don’t see much of a role for Poeltl straight away with the Raptors being a playoff team. I may be wrong, but I think we will see Poeltl in the D-League a lot, the Raptors don’t like to rush their prospects.

Anton123
      Participant

I think that Sullinger and Noguiera will take the minutes Scola and Biyombo left free. If Valanciunas is healthy I don’t see much of a role for Poeltl straight away with the Raptors being a playoff team. I may be wrong, but I think we will see Poeltl in the D-League a lot, the Raptors don’t like to rush their prospects.

Choppy
        Participant

I don’t rate Nogueira. I figured Sully would start at the 4 and take some centre minutes when Val sits. There would still be some minutes left over. Perhaps not at the start of the season but I think by Christmas that spot will be Poeltls. 

OhCanada-
          Participant

Poeltl is so fundamentally sound I have no doubts he will pass Nogueira on the depth charts. Casey likes bigs that can move their feet and gaurd the pick and the roll/able to switch and recover for help at the rim. Nogueira really struggles there and its one of Poeltl’s strengths.

I’m predicting he has a similar season as Powell as a reliable rookie with a definedrole towards that second half of the season. Valanciunas will get an increased workload and with the way Jonas plays his physical brand of ball will warrant minor injuries which will allow Poeltl to assume his role.

OhCanada-
          Participant

Poeltl is so fundamentally sound I have no doubts he will pass Nogueira on the depth charts. Casey likes bigs that can move their feet and gaurd the pick and the roll/able to switch and recover for help at the rim. Nogueira really struggles there and its one of Poeltl’s strengths.

I’m predicting he has a similar season as Powell as a reliable rookie with a definedrole towards that second half of the season. Valanciunas will get an increased workload and with the way Jonas plays his physical brand of ball will warrant minor injuries which will allow Poeltl to assume his role.

Choppy
        Participant

I don’t rate Nogueira. I figured Sully would start at the 4 and take some centre minutes when Val sits. There would still be some minutes left over. Perhaps not at the start of the season but I think by Christmas that spot will be Poeltls. 

Anton123
      Participant

Choppy
    Participant

Danielcmccarty
    Participant

I think Denzel Valentine and Malachi Richardson will do well for themselves. 

Danielcmccarty
    Participant

I think Denzel Valentine and Malachi Richardson will do well for themselves. 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login