nº1 draft 2011

franfran
franfran's picture
nº1 draft 2011

Kentuky win Final Four 2011 = Terrence Jones names nº1 draft??

He has a great potential in the nba

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I know what this

I know what this means!!!!!!!

No, Terrance Jones cannot be the #1 pick in the draft.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Do you mean if Kentucky makes

Do you mean if Kentucky makes it to the Final 4, that Terrence Jones will be the 1st pick in the 2011 draft?

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Oh, that is what he

Oh, that is what he means.

No. I'd say Jones has no chance at the #1 pick.

inukawaii8
why not

if he continues to play this well and be the one who leads kentucky to a national champ, why not out him at number 1 in june? i mean this is all too early to say...

2011 draft is weak. it doesnt have a clear cut number 1. It has bunch of potential kind of guy. Jones does not have the hype as other players such as barnes, jones, irving, and etc... but he is playing well. If he continues to play like this, he should be a lock for top 10, and have a good shot at top 5.

the lake show
I dont know about first pick

I dont know about first pick but he reminds me alot of lamar odom at the same stage but the handles arent as tight. he has a nose for the ball rebounding wise and doesnt needs plays run for him

ShekiruBoom
ShekiruBoom's picture
but i...

i think the number 1 pick is still up for grabs. o and has anyone noticed Perry Jones is acutally putting up better numbers right now than Harrison Barnes? its still early but still maybe Perry Jones isn't as raw as people think

BasterdInABasket
BasterdInABasket's picture
Barnes hasnt done anything to

Barnes hasnt done anything to show me that hes the defintite #1. I dont consider anyone to be a lock for 1 if they have an 0 for 12 or wutever Barnes had a couple games ago. I would say along with Barnes, the two Jones and Sullinger all at least have a shot at number one. None of the PGs i think are top picks but Jones is still in the mix.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
"if he continues to play this

"if he continues to play this well and be the one who leads kentucky to a national champ, why not out him at number 1 in june? i mean this is all too early to say..."

Kentucky isn't going to win the title this year. They also aren't going to get to the Final 4.

When I watch Jones, I see Marvin Williams. He's got very strong athleticism, is physically mature, has a wide base, a decent left-handed shot,and he's a very fundamentally sound passer and rebounder. He's a combo forward, but he's more of a SF than a PF and should have no problem playing on the wing. I like his competitive streak and the way he runs the court. He should be a lotto pick for sure, just not the 1st pick.

inukawaii8
iggy, i never say they are

iggy, i never say they are going to win or even go to the final for. thats why theres a big IF! bc you dont know what will happen in the future.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
You said "if he continues to

You said "if he continues to play this well and be the one who leads kentucky to a national champ, why not out him at number 1 in june? i mean this is all too early to say...", so I said they wouldn't win a title. I don't think Kentucky wins the title, thus I don't think he'll have a chance to be the 1st pick. For that and a few other reasons.

franfran
franfran's picture

29 points 13 rebounds 3 assist. 2 stls. 4 blks...

the lake show
hes saying that because at

hes saying that because at first you didnt said you dont think they will win you said they wont win. of course none of us knows if they will win or go to the final four. i dont recall anyone every getting a bracket right. And i agree its to early to know but he said IF they win the title

JNixon
JNixon's picture
"hes saying that because at

"hes saying that because at first you didnt said you dont think they will win you said they wont win."

??

Demarcus Oneal
Demarcus Oneal's picture
Fran Fran for Forum MVP

Fran Fran for Forum MVP

Mkadoza
Mkadoza's picture
Personally, I highly doubt

Personally, I highly doubt the number one pick for TJ, because there will be various time throughout the season that the point guard will look like the better prospect, where as Barnes will get ample time and opportunities to solely dominate at the offensive end. Kyrie Irving has shown to clearly be the best NBA prospect on Duke's roster and possibly the focal point of the team, much like like Elton Brand did on his team of collegiate superstars before being the number one pick.

As for Perry, 14 and 9 is much what I expected. He is as raw as people thought he is, he 6'11 and explosive though. And this is before LaceDarius Dunn has returned to the court. I don't expect his numbers to climb when that happens, especially once they hit the meat of their schedule. I said at least 5 single digit games and I'm sticking to it.

nascarforthedead
Terrence Jones

I'm not saying he should be the number 1 pick because I think there are others with higher ceilings, but this is what the scouts in attendance had to say:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/18524/terrence-jones-steals-the-show-for-uk

kacey
TJ looked really good tonight

TJ looked really good tonight and has had a great start through his first 3 games. The competition hasn't been the greatest thus far, but you can obviously see the kid has plenty of talent. The Lamar Odom comparisons are dead on. He rebounds well, finishes around the hoop, and has some good ballhandling and vision. He made two clutch blocks late in the game when his opponent was trying to rise up and shoot a 3. Offensively, I've seen him make the same move twice this season to get to the hoop and slam one in. He does a pump fake behind the 3pt line in the corner, jab steps to his left, then blows by his guy on the baseline and throws it down. His only glaring weaknesses right now are his free throw shooting and his mechanics on his jumper. Both are correctable.

Aran is in Maui, so we should get a quality article regarding the games/prospects when he returns.

As far as being the number one pick in the draft. I think it is possible, but we still have a long way to go. Harrison Barnes still has the edge for now.

mj23mj23bestever
i dont have clear cut no 1

barnes has already slipped sum imo hes not off to a good start sullinger has looked great both perry and terrence jones could leap frog to the no 1 wiht great years what if the teamn with the no 1 really needs a pg and irving comes out could he go no 1 ?

lalaila
lalaila's picture
OK... To be honest.. i'm on

OK... To be honest.. i'm on Terrence's waggon too..

like one scout said, Jones can do everything Barnes does and he is a little taller and waaay bigger..

in the same way other Jones(Perry) plays surprisingly better than Harrison but with Dunn back he will have a hard time trying to score..so maybe this draft class isn't that great but this fight for top spot will be more interesting than in previous years..and i really think Terrence could be one of the fighters.

delfam
delfam's picture
I compare him to Thaddeus

I compare him to Thaddeus Young, both highly recruited coming out of high school, both lefties, both don't have good outside shots and both have really good post games but are tweeners and are more like SF's.

He really has no chance at #1 just because he doesn't have a position, at this point it looks like #1 is Kyrie Irvings, with Barnes and Jones close behind.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I was wrong....I think Jones

I was wrong....I think Jones CAN be the #1 pick

delfam
delfam's picture
I don't see why anybody would

I don't see why anybody would draft him #1, he's a tweener that hasn't shown he can shoot or strong enough to cover PF's. I'd much rather someone I know can play his position and play it like it's supposed to be played.

kacey
@delfam Did you watch the

@delfam

Did you watch the game against UConn? TJ was knocking down some threes. I don't think he is a tweener at all, I think he can eventually play multiple positions in the NBA. I think he could easily be a small forward in the L and eventually play a role similar to Lamar Odom. Add some weight and develop his low post skills a bit more and then he can play a little bit of the 4. Teams aren't going to draft him and expect him to log minutes at the 4 right away anyways. He has great ballhandling skills for someone his size.

You make it sound like he is a tweener in the sense that he can't hold his ground against the 4's and he can't hang with the wing players on the perimeter.

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
franfran my man.. how can you

franfran my man..

how can you say Jones will be the 1st pick when you have him number 6 on your mock?

lalaila
lalaila's picture
man i think he is a tweener

man i think he is a tweener in a good way, i mean he rebounds like PF suprisingly he blocks like PF he is strong and good sized like PF but he is fast,athletic,versitily,good playmaker,ball-handler like SF and today he got 4-4 form three he is almost 50% in first 5games.

finnegan
I don’t buy this “tweener”

I don’t buy this “tweener” tag to a certain player. How many successful nba player who tag as a tweener when they entered the nba like odom, marion, abdul rahim, Antoine walker, rudy gay, beasly, diaw, jeff green, tyrus Thomas, boris diaw, prince, Jamison and more.
Terrence jones can played both sf and pf positions, I don’t think it’s a tweener.
I compared him to jeff green as far as the size and talent is concern. jeff green is 6'9 230lbs like terrence jones, green can played PF in the NBA. terence jones is better rebounder and shot blocker than green. terrence jones is only 18 years old, he can add weight (240-250) and height at least 1 more inch. taj gibson can played PF too in the NBA at 6'9 220lbs. if jeff green and taj gibson can played PF in the NBA, why not T-jones? Terrence jones is much stronger than what people think, jones isn't bad sf too in the NBA, he has a mobility to defend quicker sf and he can shoot outside. I like Terrence jones basketball IQ and attitude on the court
Pf , terrence jones = jeff green in offense and taj gibson in defense/hustle
Sf, terrence jones = too strong to many natural sf, he has post game.
i believe, in next year NBA draft, this year best freshman again will be the #1 pick (NBA GM's are high on much younger player), i don't see a sophmore or junior college player to be pick #1 in next year draft (no way junior kemba walker will be pick #1). if irving, sullinger, barnes and perry jones are on the discussions for the #1 pick, why you guys don't want to include terrence jones? Hes better than some of those guys. right now terrence jones and irving are the best freshman so far.

lalaila
lalaila's picture
actually Jones is already

actually Jones is already listed 244..he is really huge for SF

RSS: Syndicate content