my sleeper players for 2013 draft

jwostrum
my sleeper players for 2013 draft

here is a list of four players I consider sleeper players for the 13 draft:

Giannis Adetokoubo: it takes a lot for dany ainge to travel to a place in Europe that is NOT the most known for basketball to scout a young point forward, plus he won't be in the nba in his first year. he will probabaly be sent back to Europe to develop, just with a better team.

Archie Goodwin: im not a big Kentucky fan, but archie was tied for my favorite Kentucky player along with Cauley-Stein. he has tremendous physical attributes for a SG, he can already beat his man off the dribble. if an nba team can help him develop his jumper more and learn to play more under control and pace himself on the court, watch out for him.

Tony Mitchell: Mitchell is a monster athlete who has an already well developed body for his age. I really think he is an underated defender who in time could easily defend the 3 and 4 spots. if he gets with the right team and has time to develop and a good tutor in a veteran coach and player, I think he could develop into a Gerald Wallace type player.

Steven Adams: a lot of people are right that Adams came out too early. still there is a lot of potential hear. he won't be asked to do much right away, so he will get some time to learn the game of basketball more, and who better to learn from then nba coaches and vets. he is already underated defensivly, its just his offense and feel for the game that need a lot of work. physically he is what nba teams love in a big.

these are my guys to watch out for a few years down the road, thoughts everyone?

vulture711
Adetokoubo

I swear when I watch his clips I see a young, unpolished Magic Johnson

scliddiard
I love Giannis's game at

I love Giannis's game at least what I have seen, the most impressive thing is his handles at his size, obviously his hands make handling the ball easier but he moves and slashes with ease and has good control of himself and the ball even thru contact. His shot is something that needs a litttle tweeking but it isn't horrible. The way he handlles the ball with those huge hands reminds me of Dr. J but he has much better handles than Dr J. Time will tell but I'd love to have the Jazz draft him, he would be another player something like Hayward, smart, good at creating for himself and more importantly for his teammates. He doesn't need to just stand around on the perimiter and wait for someone to set him up for a shot , he can put the ball on the floor and create, that is something the Jazz need more of, players who breakdown the defense. He may not even be done growing. Another player he reminds me of alittle because of his build etc is Durrant, not saying he will be nearly as good as Durrant but other than his shot I see alot of similarities. He needs a coach like Horny to help him with his shot and get it higher. If he could get his shot up above his head like Durrant does, look out , the sky would be the limit.

thunderjerk
thunderjerk's picture
Giannis at 14 and Schroeder

Giannis at 14 and Schroeder at 21? Yes please.

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
You make a great point..In 2

You make a great point..In 2 or 3 years when we look back at the 2013 Draft, it will be the unknowns that will make this draft better than we thought it'll be....

Mitchell reminds me of those athletic ''tweener'' forwards Portland use to have in the 90's...I think his game is suited for the pros.....

Adetokundo might be only 18 and playing in a weak Division,but you can still see the vast potential he has...

r377
r377's picture
I think Trevor Mbakwe can

I think Trevor Mbakwe can make a roster spot which is a good accomplishment for a mid second rounder.

Also Dario Saric might be a decent o/s player ala Fournier.

DeShaun Thomas

jwostrum
true

@rudeboy yea what I was thinking with adetokundo is since he is so young a team would have him develop more for a few years in a stronger Europe league and then bring him to the nba. and I agree I think Mitchell game does translate well to the nba, he just needs a little more polish and he could be very good player.

meirmeir13
I say, reggie bullock tons of

I say, reggie bullock tons of teams that need a 3 point threat. Also played solid D. Would also say Isaih Austin see him being a solid pro with alot of upside. Same with leslie the nba is getting smaller witch could allow him to play 4 for some teams.

B-ball fan
Adetokoubo really does look

Adetokoubo really does look like Dr. J on the court. I don't think that actually means anything, but the resemblance is rather striking.

One player I think is a real sleeper is Brandon Davies of BYU. He is one of the projected second rounders in this draft who I think has a very legitimate shot at making an NBA career for himself. He is athletic, has nice hands and coordination for a pf, and can do a little bit of everything on the court. He just needs to develop a consistent mid-range jumper so as to complement his face-up game.

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
I think Jamal Franklin will

I think Jamal Franklin will be a great pick. I see him as a similar player to Jimmy Butler, and a great value guy in the 20-40 range.

Rafter
Rafter's picture
Nate Wolters has the poise

Nate Wolters has the poise of a seasoned veteran. Terrific size for a lead guard and should be a solid rotational guy for a playoff team. Jamal Franklin is going to be solid, there's nothing he can't do on the court.

Siggy
More like there isn't

More like there isn't anything on the court that Franklin isn't WILLING to do. He tries to do a lot, even things he isn't good at like: shooting, playmaking, ball-handling, decision making.
He's a poor shooter with extreme confidence in his shooting, which leads to a lot of bad shots. He's also a wannabe playmaker who doesn't have a good handle and makes poor decisions, which is why he turned the ball over so much.

Rafter
Rafter's picture
I can't believe that I incurred

I can't believe that I incurred your presence again, isn't there a village that needs saving or something? You shouldn't be wasting your precious time on a meaningless peasant such as myself, no need to dirty your hands.

Siggy
If you disagree, how about

If you disagree, how about responding to the content of the post? That's usually how these message boards work.

flopdownD
Lol, I use to neg you earlier

Lol, I use to neg you earlier in the season for saying this kinda of stuff, when he was one of my favorite prospects (though I had never seen a full game)...... but then.... i saw a game+.... Siggy, you're right.

He actually has pretty good handle, in the break, where he uses his ridiculous speed to gun it down the court, and that's where he is most efficient. In the half court his handles are shaky, and his first step isn't that good, that makes him take jumpers, but he is not a good shooter....

...etc..
I already said this before.

rfarrell85
Deeeep sleeper

Ryan Kelly

flopdownD
KCP

KCP

scliddiard
Brandon Davies

B-ball Fan : I agree that Brandon is a sleeper, he is very skilled but has to become consistant, his being named MVP of Ports...... tourney was a big boost for him but not surprising to me, I think he will find a team and be on a roster next yr. Time will tell but he has the skills. He needs to get stronger and more consistant with his shooting.

scliddiard
Brandon Davies

B-ball Fan : I agree that Brandon is a sleeper, he is very skilled but has to become consistant, his being named MVP of Ports...... tourney was a big boost for him but not surprising to me, I think he will find a team and be on a roster next yr. Time will tell but he has the skills. He needs to get stronger and more consistant with his shooting.

bdiddy5115
Steven Adams: I feel that his

Steven Adams: I feel that his size/activity level will be better suited for the more open NBA style, and in a good situation, his skills will develop.

Carrick Felix: I think in the 2nd round, he has nice DTA potential (defense-threes-athleticism).

Michael Snaer: His defense, heady play and ability to hit clutch shots could make him into a great role player.

Travis Releford: Not sure he gets drafted, but he should. Has solid physical tools, can defend and play efficient offensive basketball.

Isaiah Canaan: Always liked his ability to get where he wants to (with his handle/quickness/strength) and his ability to shoot from deep will make him useful.

Pierre Jackson: This comparison is probably played out, but he's very Nate Robinson-esque (less strength and probably smaller) but with more natural PG instincts.

RSS: Syndicate content