My NBA Comparisons For 2009/2010 Prospects

don042488
don042488's picture
My NBA Comparisons For 2009/2010 Prospects

UNC's Danny Green (Shane Battier) - Green is a utility player, that plays with great intangibles and solid fundamentals. He doesn't stand out in any particular thing, but he has a good all round game. He plays solid defense, rebounds, passes well, hits down three pointers, hustles,and plays with his head, he's a very smart player, that doesn't turnover the ball much....Arizona's Chase Budinger (Dan Majerle) - Budingers sweet shooting stroke and athleticism is reminiscent to Dan "Thunder" Marjerle, but the things Chase lacks that Marjerle had is a strong body, toughness, and Dan was a good defender.....Kansas Sherron Collins (Nate Robinson) - Sherron Collin's burst of speed, athleticism, ball handling, and pull three point shot, not mention his small stature, but muscular frame, is reminiscent to Nate "The Great"....Arizona State's Eric Boateng (DeSagana Diop) - Boateng is most likely a second round pick in the 2010 NBA Draft , but whichever team he lands on, will pick up a very good shot blocker. He carries a long wingspan like Diop and his primary game is defense, as he is not someone that will score much....Tennesse's Scotty Hopson (Jr. Smith) - Hopson's game reminds me a lot like Jr. Smith's game. He's has a smooth jumper, he's a streaky shooter from deep, he has a lot of hops, good ball handling skills, and he has the potential to be a very good scorer...Tulsa's Jerome Jordan (Mikki Moore) - the 7'0 center from Kingston, Jamaica and no I'm not talking about Patrick Ewing, lol, is a lean and mobile center, that runs like a deer, seems to never gets tired, has a developing offensive game, can score down low with a sweet turn around left hook, is decent rebounder, and can block shots....Syracuse's Paul Harris (Quinn Buckner) - An undersized small forward, at 6'4, Paul Harris is a chiseled specimen at over 230 pounds and combines that with a lot of athleticism. Harris plays with a lot of grit, he's a very physical player, he's a good defender, great at stealing the ball, has a developing mid range game, but does most of his damage inside....Syracuse's Jonny Flynn (Aaron Brooks/Sebastian Telfair with a better shot) Flynn is a jet, with yo yo handle, great court vision, more of a scorer than a playmaker though, and he got some ups...Wayne Ellington (Ray Allen, Boston Celtics verison) - Ellington is a 6'5 shooting guard with a silky smooth stroke and can make shots from deep at will. He's not much of a defender or has much athleticism though....Gonzaga's Austin Daye (Rashard Lewis) - Daye is a 6'10 small forward, that has a sweet jumper, can post a little, got handle, and can blocks shots. His downfall is that he doesn't rebound at a high rate for someone 6'10, he lacks toughness, has a less than stellar first step, and has really no lateral quickness to defend well....Arizona's Jordan Hill (Drew Gooden) - Hill is a relentless hustle player, that never seems to run out of energy. He scores of putbacks, run outs, sometimes hit a mid range jumper or two from 15 feet, alley oops, or by tip ins....Greg Monroe (A left handed version of Chris Webber as a King) - At 6'10 240 pounds, with a multi faceted game, Monroe plays pretty much like C-Webb

los507
Those are some pretty good comparisons

Those are some pretty good comparisons Don can't argue with any of them. You on the money,especially about Ellington is like old school Walter Ray Allen never really thought about him like that but it's true. Just he's less assertive but that will come in time. P.Harris reminds me of Q.Richardson as far as his physique goes. Game wise I think with some work to his outside shot he could be like P.Pressey. Yo (Don) do you think Paul can play the 3 in the league? I feel like he can play there but just want to know others opinion on that.

grwgoden08
agreed but...

I think Paul Harris is more like Ruber Patterson.

grwgoden08
agreed but...

I think Paul Harris is more like Ruben Patterson.

carmen5
lots of em

patrick mills is like derron williams in size, athleticism and the pace they play, Damion james is like a younger danny granger, how he was in college. Ricky rubio is like a young jason williams, not as good of a shooter though. Derrick Brown from xavier is like james posey. josh heytvelt is like andrea bargnani. Dejuan blair is like Jason Maxiell. Steph Curry is like reggie miller mixed with calvin murphy. Jeremy pargo is like tim hardaway. Levance Fields is like Terrell Brandon. This is just a shooting comparison but wayne ellington and kobe have near identical jumpshots. Paul Harris is like hassan adams. Paul george reminds me of gerald wallace. Kyle singler is like lamar odom. Blake Griffin is like Carlos boozer physically and plays similar down low, not as good of a jump shot though.

grwgoden08
lol

not a single comparison that you had is correct.

mplsrawkus
paul harris is not even

paul harris is not even close to Q, paul harris has no jumper at all let alone nba range, have people forgot how good richardson was in college. the similarities is there size and rebounding.

los507
They don't play a like I was talking about body type

They don't play a like I was talking about body type. When Q.Rich was in college he didn't have a jumper either that came with the injuries, and playing in the Phoenix system. They both have the ability to play against slightly bigger perimeter players. I did say they were similar as far a physique goes.

carmen5
Paul George and Trevor Ariza

everythings identical

mplsrawkus
paul harris

your right, they both are beast at the 2 spot

travesti
travesti's picture
Thank you very much for this

Thank you very much for this useful article
very good traffic in travesti
istanbul zeus pub bebek gecce and forums travestis travesti forum
turkkey hits cenneti.

the lake show
do the comparisions still

do the comparisions still look good?

midwestbbscout
midwestbbscout's picture
Collins/Budinger

Thunder Dan can never boom like Budinger and Collins is not the athlete of Nate......I think its hard to compare ANYONE to Ray Allen.....especially the young Ray

I like the Greg Monroe comparison and the Scotty Hopson.....and I LOVE Austin Daye/Rashard Lewis comparison....carbon copies....

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Carmen5's comparisons are

Carmen5's comparisons are TERRIBLE lmao

RSS: Syndicate content