My Mock Draft (using current nba standings-4/12/09 and assuming everyone enters the draft)

Appleby_15
My Mock Draft (using current nba standings-4/12/09 and assuming everyone enters the draft)

1. Sacramento Kings-Blake Griffin
analysis-only surefire all-star in the draft. will develop into an amare stoudamire/carlos boozer-type power forward in the nba. fits nicely into the kings young nucleus and forms a post combo of Thompson/Hawes/Griffin.
2. Washington Wizards-James Harden
analysis-immediate 15+ppg scorer at the next level. can provide an oj mayo/eric gordon-like impact in his rookie year. comparisons to b-roy are fairly accurate. will slide into the starting 2-guard spot in DC.
3. LA Clippers-Demar DeRozen
analysis-proved he was the real deal in ncca tournament. athletic potential is off the charts. has pontential to become the next vince carter. is a bit of a long-term project. needs to improve perimeter shooting. will fill the small forward position in la, which has been occupied by ricky davis and fred jones this year.
4. OKC Thunder-Jordan Hill (just over Rubio and Thabeet)
analysis-just signed livingston and project westbrook as franchise point guard. passed up on more developed/experienced devensive presence (tyson chandler) at trade deadline. hill provides interior athleticism that collison and kristic don't have. can provide energy off bench or start, depending on where they play green and durant. has similar game to ronny turiaf, except with more consistent offensive game. has only played b-ball for a few years. much room for improvement.
5. Memphis Grizzlies-Ed Davis
analysis-recent improvement of conley rules out drafting pg. provides true inside scorer to open up perimeter for gay and mayo. played at unc, fits in with run-and-gun style of play. will form talented post duo with gasol. needs to add strength, but potential is there.
6. Minnesota Timberwolves-Ricky Rubio
7. Golden State Warriors-Brandon Jennings
8. Toronto Raptors-Earl Clark
9. New York Knicks-Hasheem Thabeet
10. Milwaukee Bucks-Greg Monroe/Al-Farouq Aminu

Tell me what you think

Drewy111
No way thabeet would drop

No way thabeet would drop that low okc would takenhim. Derozan too high rubio too low. Wizards would probably take a bigman

Drewy111

No way thabeet would drop that low okc would takenhim. Derozan too high rubio too low. Wizards would probably take a bigman

Drewy111

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
1. uhh... have u ever heard

1. uhh... have u ever heard of al thornton? he is the starting sf for the la clips...

2. why would they pass on rubio for derozan who is not a top 3 pick.

3. no way rubio falls past #3.

4. Ed Davis announced 2day for the second time and this time officially that he is not declaring for the 2009 nba draft.

5. No way thabeet falls out of the top 5.

6. i doubt harden goes #2 after his bad finish.

Tha King2121
Tha King2121's picture
UMM

Do u watch NCAA?

fastfingers
crazy

this is crazy.

scg1
Bad Picks

Ed Davis (not entering)
Demar DeRozan (way too high)
James Harden (Wizards don't need another guard)
Ricky Rubio (Won't fall that far if it all)
Thabeet (Way too low)

jojososa
jojososa's picture
wowzers

This mock is on sum serious crack

fastfingers
Are we assuming Ricky rubio

Are we assuming Ricky rubio has a hidden disease that scouts will figure out later?

Rubio is one of the biggest anticipated names to enter the draft. If he does, he's a surefire, 1-2 pick.

Lodzio20
wow

This is stupid mock draft...LA Clippers have Al Thornton...Ed davis not declare to draft in this year...and i think Grizzlies should draft PG. In my opinion Terrence Jennings or Jonny Flynn are a good choice
Sorry for my English

RSS: Syndicate content