My Mock Draft (as of 05/25/09)

rvirsal
rvirsal's picture
My Mock Draft (as of 05/25/09)

here's my mock. the 2nd round isn't perfect yet, i have a lot of international players in the 2nd round coz that's what usually happens anyway. check it out here:

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/27173

I'd like to hear your comments.

:: I made some tweaks on the 1st round taking in consideration the comments listed below. Thanks for those who commented::

cheesepillow
Not bad

Its a pretty mock rivir, I was just wondering why you think Lawson will drop that far...

especially with Mills being picked ahead of him.

Interesting too see Dayu in the second round...
solid big guy with soft hands, don't know if he can translate his game to warrant any NBA time in his career though.

rvirsal
rvirsal's picture
yeah

i don't think lawson would fall to 26th. but i had a hard time balancing the pgs, there's just too much of them in this draft. mills and lawson have similar strengths, quick guards who can create their own shots and have decent passing abilities. i think they're kinda interchangeable.

dayu is okay for me. no risk taking him in the 2nd round. he can be a good back up big off the bench, but i don't think he'd come over this year if drafted. with so few bigs in this draft, i think he's got a chance to be drafted.

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
It's a decent mock

It's a decent mock.

I don't see Detroit taking Mullens. It'll take him 2-3 seasons to become a contributor, plus he's soft.

The Pacers won't take Chase Budinger. They already have Granger, Dunleavy, Rush & Daniels. The Pacers needs are power forward & point guard. You have them taking Tyrese Rice in the 2nd round too, which I doubt because he's similar to TJ Ford. I look for the Pacers to look at Blair, Maynor & Holiday. They'll probably give Teague a look too.

I don't see Milwaukee taking Henderson, because they'll need a point guard or power forward too. They probably won't be able to sign both Sessions & Villanueva. They could lose both to free agency.

I don't see Charlotte taking Tyreke Evans. He's not a Larry Brown kind of player. He needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He'll struggle playing off the ball. I see Charlotte taking Henderson. He's more of a Larry Brown kind of player & they need a two guard to back up Raja Bell. I'm not a huge Henderson fan, but he'll be a better pro than people think. He'd be a great fit in Charlotte.

You have Mills going before Lawson, Teague & Holiday. I'm not so sure about that. You have Lawson too low.

H-Train41
H-Train41's picture
Just thinking

Holiday and Christmas in the Kings backcourt... kinda funny

grkgreg
i never comment on others

i never comment on others mock drafts, but urs is pretty solid.

rvirsal
rvirsal's picture
tezo83

thanks for the comments.

i switched lawson and mills' spots.

forgot bout indiana. yeah, they need depth upfront but they have murphy, mcroberts there. rasho, foster and hibbert at the c. dunleavy was injured most of the year so i thought they'd add another wing in budinger. i think indiana's got enough pgs. they have jack, diener and ford (and tinsley who they're paying not to play).

i think milwaukee keeps sessions. also, they still have ridnour under contract. so maybe they'll look for a redd replacement.

evans, wanted to put him at 9 with tor but i think it's a little too high for him. you're right, he needs the ball too much on offense and when you're in a team with augustin and felton, i don't think he fits right in. i'll change that soon.

rvirsal
rvirsal's picture
H-Train41

haha, didn't put that in intentionally. but yeah that's funny.

rvirsal
rvirsal's picture
grkgreg

thanks. i actually tried to balance BPAs and needs.

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
There's been talk that Jack

There's been talk that Jack probably won't re-sign w/ Indiana. TJ Ford is still under contract. Deiner really didn't like being the 3rd point guard last season, so there's doubt he'll resign. Tinsley will never play for Indiana again. The coach has said that they need a big young point guard that they can groom &/or a rough power forward who hustles like Jeff Foster & can play with his back to the basket. That's why I said either Blair, Maynor or Holiday.

Milwaukee has plenty of two's on the squad. Redd, Bogans & Bell. Whoever they can't or think they can't resign out of Villanueva or Sessions, they'll look to fill that position. If they're able to re-sign both, they MAYBE I could see them drafting a two guard.

2K_DAVIS
2K_DAVIS's picture
no ty lawson on the hawks

no ty lawson on the hawks

storm33
just a small detail: michael

just a small detail: michael washington pulled out of the draft and it's looking like calathes will too

rvirsal
rvirsal's picture
okay

i'll make the changes with regards to washington and calathes. actually, i think he's still interested in the nba but he just signed a contract to play in Greece.

RSS: Syndicate content