My First Rounders & My Second Rounders for the 2009 NBA Draft

don042488
don042488's picture
My First Rounders & My Second Rounders for the 2009 NBA Draft

First Rounders: Blake Griffin, Hasheem Thabeet, Greg Monroe, James Harden, Brandon Jennings, Jeff Teague, Cole Aldrich, Jordan Hill, Earl Clark, Gerald Henderson, BJ Mullens, Al-Farouq Aminu, Ty Lawson, Patrick Patterson, Jonny Flynn, Kyle Singler, Demar DeRozan, Gani Lawal, Chase Budinger, Darren Collinson, DaJuan Summers, Damion James, Stephen Curry, Tyler Smith, Austin Daye, Wayne Ellington, Terrance Williams, Nick Calathes, Omri Casspi, and Patrick Mills

Second Rounders: Jodie Meeks, Jerome Jordan, AJ Price, Sherron Collins, Danny Green, Josh Heyvelt, Curtis Jerrells, Dionte Christmas, Eric Maynor, Marcus Thornton, Tyler Hansbrough, Taj Gibson, Sam Young, Jeremy Pargo, Wesley Matthews, Tasmin Mitchell, Kevin Rogers, Jerel McNeal, Jeff Pendergraph, Tyrese Rice, Luigi Datome, Nando De Colo, Luke Nevill, Milenko Tepic, Robert Vaden, Robert Dozier, DeJuan Blair, Antonio Anderson, Dominic James, and etc.
That's how I feel the two rounds should be. I think Stephen Curry should be a second round pick, but based off his college stats, he's going to be a first rounder. Hansbrough being in the first round, isn't fair because he's not going to do nothing in the NBA and there's going to be a way better player than him on the board, that may have to go the second round because of him.

shipargos
i think mullens wont declare for 2009

i think mullens wont declare for 2009

don042488
don042488's picture
Mullens will declare

Insiders have said in an article, that he's a lock to declare for the draft because of his families financial status. A good fit, would be for him to land on the Bulls. The Bulls can have a franchise caliber center and point guard, in Mullens and Rose.

canesboy6
mullens

like don, i heard mullens was a lock to leave. Unlike Don, I don't think Mullens will amount to much in the pro's, especially if he leaves this year. If they were to draft him, the bulls would have a franchise pg and a bad contract in my opinion. He really doesn't have much for a skill level, and everything ive heard suggests he has a poor work ethic. I think his athleticism is a little overrated, he dunked alot on youtube and everybody thought he was the greatest. He is good in a straight line running and jumping, but laterally he is goofy and awkward and from what ive seen, 9 outta 10 times goofy doesnt ever go away. He can't take over games against a weak big 10, if he is sooo strong and athletic and good you would think he would start on a team that isn't even a lock to make the tourney. I wouldn't even draft him first round, just because he is the same height and from the same school as Greg Oden, he is definately much closer to Chris Mihm, only LESS skilled.

thebigcactus
Hansborough

Tyler will have a productive career. Probably a fringe starter but considering he will be drafted in the 20's he will be a steal. Look at the past drafts and you will see that half the guys who are drafted late in the first round dont last more than their rookie contract (if that). Huge potential? No. Guy who will outwork his opponent every single night? Yes. That is rare in the NBA and he has enough talent to get by if he does work hard, which he will.

Evan_Milberg
Remember DeAndre Jordan?

I think if Mullens declares this year, he's gonna tumble into the top of the second round for the same reason DeAndre Jordan did. Last year, Jordan was supposed to go in the lottery because of his "Dwight Howard-like" potential, and ended up going in the second round because scouts thought his game was too raw. Mullens hasn't nearly lived up to the hype he was given going into his freshman year, and is showing that, like Jordan, his game is still in need of polishing.

RoGo 2323
RoGo 2323's picture
Yo Don

I like most of the guys you picked for the first round, and I can tell you put some thought into it! But I have to disagree with Eric Maynor going in round two! He is a first rounder for sho! Most Mock drafts including this one have him going in the first round, after the lottery picks. But regardless of that, its all about the Pre Draft Camp that they have before the draft. There will be no defender that can stay in front of him at that camp. Have you actually seen him play bro? He is a beast!

jorrye24
Tyler Hansbrough is ALOT

Tyler Hansbrough is ALOT like Mark Madsen(aka the WORST player in the NBA). I agree with what the guy says about Mullins, he is very raw. Teague will be like a Eddie House or Lou Williams. Al-Faruoq? Am I the only person that thinks he is overrated? He makes athletic plays sometimes, but he looks real mechanical most of the time. Brandon Jennings! Thats my guy, him Harden,Griffin, Monroe,AJ Price and Curry are going to be great ballers in the league.

jch0308
Maynor

I disagree with Don, Eric Maynor most likely be a 1st rounder. He can flat out score, and is an above avg. ball handler, with speed, and range. he can definitely create his own shot, and at 6'2 can match up with alot of points in the league. He reminds me of a Rodney Stucky, just not as strong yet.

dejan_bodiroga
brandon jennings

Hi everyone i'm from rome, I see bj every week and I can say that he isn't ready for the nba, not now, not the next year. He's still an High school player, has a awful jump shoot, no 1on1 defense and he makes some incredible mistake when he got the ball(low BB IQ). However I think he can be an nba player if he'll work hard on his body and his mentality but for now i can tell you he can't go in nba. Too high prospect for me, too high.

carmen5

BJ Mullens does not have an NBA game right now at all but he does have more upside than anybody in the draft. I swear the guy has something wrong in the head though, i watched him play his senior year in my hometown (Newark, Ohio) he had six points and my dude Dane Kopfs had four blocks on him. The Next week i go on Ballislife.com and it says he dropped 65. If you watch him dunk he's a hell of an athlete, I dont see any way that he will drop to the 2nd round. If he can get his head right he will be an all star.

carmen5
Hurts to say

I bleed carolina blue, but Hansbrough and Lawson aren't going to be stars. Lawson has a much better chance than hansbrough. Both will land on already good teams, i think that hansbrough will play his rookie year because if he doesnt then he'll never play cuz he's topped out ability wise. Lawson will play in spells but wont be indespensable to anybody. Danny Green to me is going to have the most success and he's not even on the draft board. I would love to see him with the hawks, he'd be a great fit for them.

wenich
Canesboy6_____great post,

Canesboy6_____great post, agree with EVERYTHING you said

d-rav
d-rav's picture
Productive 2nd round

If Jerrels, Williams, Adrien etc. fall in the 2nd round, this will go down as one of the most productive 2nd round in an NBA draft, because these type of players, although realistically wont be stars, but instead ideally will become vital rotation players in the NBA.

sauer1525
hansbrough

Why do people hate on Hansbrough? If you had to take a center right now to lead your favorite college team and it was between mullens and hansbrough, youd be an absolute moron if you took mullens over hansbrough....so whats going to be the difference at the next level? Tyler is going to work extremely hard and contribute solid minutes at the next level for many years, while mullens is simply going to be another wasted big man. Whoever said Mullens had the most upside in the draft, somehow missed the raw 7'3 center anchoring the number one team in the country in the paint. Get a clue, being 7 feet with a few basic skills doesnt equal success at the next level. averaging 4.6 boards is probaly the most discouraging stat of all.

wenich
Hansbrough

Hansbrough is a GREAT college player. But he will do absolutely nothing in the NBA, whenever he plays against long, athletic players just at the college level he has a very tough time working in the paint. In the NBA that is the only type of player he is going to see EVERY night and they are going to be stronger and more athletic than the best he's up against now. The NBA is all about matchups, he will get exposed offensively and defensively every day. I used to think that if he went to a contending team he could be a solid role player, but the more I watch him the more suprised I'll be if gets any significant minutes at the next level no matter who he plays for.

wenich
BUT

he is a big white guy who had one of the best college careers ever so that will keep him on an NBA roster and bench for 10 years, so he should be able to make $25 million over that period of time. So who really cares that he's going to be a more popular Mark Madsen.

thebigcactus
Gain you OWN perspective wenich

Lets be honest here.... Wenich and a lot of the other people on here who think they are experts aren't. You read projections from so called "experts" and repeat what they say. Watch tme play yourself and make your own assesment. Don is one of the only guys on this site that I can actually say that he knows his &$#%#&@!.

wenich
lol

if you think i'm repeating something i heard that's funny,,,,I've watched Hansbrough for 4 years and used to think he would be a solid role player but the more that I watch him the more his flaws become obvious. You don't have to be a genius to see the trouble he has getting anything done when playing against anyone 6"9 or taller and athletiic. The 2.5 million over 10 years that I came up with is also probably low now that I think about it with how ridiculous NBA salaries are, probably closer to 40 mil. If Jack Haley can have a 10 year career in the NBA then I think it's a no brainer that Hansbrough can ride the pine for 10. As for listening to "experts" this &$#%#&@! is not rocket science, although I guess maybe to you it is. Judging by your name you're probably from Arizona and just mad that I said Budinger sucks! I wonder how many "experts" share that opinion.

By the way, since I've probably responded to 3 posts on here since I registered please enlighten me as to which thoughts are not my own?

wenich
By the way

Just read your original post about Hansbrough,,,and the only team he could possibly be a "fringe starter" for would be the Charlotte Bobcats and that would only be to sell tickets. There obviously won't be any way to know who's going to be right for a couple of years, so get back to me in 4 years when he's doing his best Scott Pollard impersonation.

bigsams50
Yall can hate on hansbrough

Yall can hate on hansbrough all yall want. He is the hardest worker i have ever seen. Hustle is something you cant teach. and hansbrough got plenty

cyclo
Toney Douglas

He saw lots of triple teams this season, but Toney Douglas is the best shooter/defender of all the points guards in this year's draft and he handles the ball as well as you'd expect an NBA point guard to handle it. Plus, he's a strong 6'2" 200.

When I watch Toney Douglas, I'm seeing Joe Dumars at the point guard position.

cyclo
Eric Maynor

Maynor is Doug Overton of LaSalle.
He belongs in the second round.

R-Dot-13
R-Dot-13's picture
curry, maynor and blair will

curry, maynor and blair will likely not be second rounders .

diecity boy
Maynor first rounder

Maynor should def be a first rounder. Doug Overton though he deserves more credit than that Cyclo. I know u dont like him but he is a top 5 point guard. Trust me Maynor is the real deal!

RSS: Syndicate content