My Early Predictions For The 2010 NBA Draft

don042488
don042488's picture
My Early Predictions For The 2010 NBA Draft

I think either the Houston Rockets or Charlotte Bobcats, may be the odds on favorite teams to land John Wall in the 2010 NBA Draft...Reasons for me saying this is because I seriously feel after this season, the Rockets will try to rebuild because I don't see them making the playoffs with Yao out for the season, no Artest to take the pressure of T-Mac, and T-Mac isn't dependable to stay healthy, much less to carry a team on his back, with those back spasms...lol John Wall would be a great building block for the Rockets to start out with...As for the Bobcats, they lack a superstar, and John Wall has the potential to be one, and he's a homestate native, so it definitely will be a great PR move...Getting Wall means, trading Felton, for probably a center, which they desperately need...All the other teams I predict in the top 8 in the lottery, don't need a point guard...New Jersey Nets (Because of Devin Harris), Milwaukee Bucks (They just drafted Brandon Jennings and they would elect for a power forward in next year's draft, especially with Charlie Villanueva leaving them), OKC Thunder has Russell Westbrook already, The Grizzles might draft him, if given the # 1 pick, but I think they would more go for a power forward, such as Derrick Favors, The Miami Heat would definitely snatch him, since they missed the opportunity to get Derrick Rose, but for some reason I don't think they would land the # 1 pick...I feel the Heat will go further lower and take the second best available point guard on board, Willie Warren, to pair in the backcourt with Wade & Chalmers...Warren would be a better complement to Wade, compared to Wall anyways, because Warren could shoot the long ball very well and he's strong enough to guard some shooting guards, and big and fast enough, to defend any guard in the league...And the Kings definitely don't need a point guard, after they just drafted Tyreke Evans and traded for Sergio Rodgriguez, I think the Kings would either go for a power forward, to come off the bench for Jason Thompson or select Cole Aldrich to come off the bench for Spencer Hawes, because they sure don't need anymore perimeter players.

Mr. Basketball
Mr. Basketball's picture
do u see the clippers making

do u see the clippers making the playoffs?

don042488
don042488's picture
Clippers WIll Make the Playoffs in 2010

Yes, I do feel the Clippers will make the playoffs in 2010...They will replace the Rockets in the playoffs...I think they'll sneak in as a 8th seed...Their too talented not to...With a healthy Baron Davis, emerging young players like Eric Gordon & Al Thornton, a #1 overall pick, in Blake Griffin, who works his tail off to be great, former defensive player of the year, Marcus Camby, a big man who when healthy, is put into All-Star consideration, Chris Kaman, and former 3 point contest winner, Quentin Richardon, will definitely be too good a team, not to qualify for the playoffs..

gregoden08
gregoden08's picture
Willie Warren

Is not a true PG. That is a debatable argument, but I see Willie as a combo guard. Also, do you think Wall is the real deal or are you skeptical about him?

j1232e
clippers

are nowhere close to the playoffs, I don't know why! good players bad coach and something strange against the clipps organization preventing them from succedding

llperez
llperez's picture
Honestly

I also expect the clippers to make the playoffs. I think the worst teams in the league will be Kings, Wolves, Bucks, knicks, and Nets. I don't see either Houston or Charlotte having the best chane.

don042488
don042488's picture
Willie Warren 2

To: gregoden08

Willie Warren came back to school not only be "the man", but to develop his point guard skills...By seasons end, he should have a good enough feel to play point guard, just like Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry, in 1 season of playing the position...The Miami Heat doesn't need a true point guard anyways because Wade gets 7 assists a game...Warren would be an extra ball handler to set up the offense and a shooter..Also Warren would be one of the most ready players to produce his rookie season, in next years draft

gregoden08
gregoden08's picture
Fair enough

Alright, that's valid. Anyhow, do you think Wall is the real deal or are you skeptical like many people on this site?

j1232e
I see

Golden state taking houston spot in the west. Clipps are geting closer though.

j1232e
and

Sacramento will probably be the worst team next season.

Mattissick
I think Malcolm Lee will

I think Malcolm Lee will come out of UCLA next year. This site has him going 6th in 2011 but I see Russell Westbrook in him. He is a legit 6'5" with over 7" wingspan and a crazy on-ball defender. Jrue Holiday got benched against Washington St. because he could not guard Klay Thompson. Lee came in and locked him down. Watch out for him!

butidonthavemoney
butidonthavemoney's picture
Utah

I think Utah will get John Wall. :-)

matt12328
matt12328's picture
John Wall

I think people are going to hate me for this, but I don't think John Wall will live up to his potential or all the expectations.

matt12328
matt12328's picture
Malcolm Lee

I really thought if Malcolm Lee played as much as Jrue Holiday this last year, he would have done just as well if not better. If I was any GM I wouldn't mind him playing for me.

nepaliman_7
i could see new jersey

i could see new jersey getting wall. him and devin harris both have the size to move to the two. if the nets get lebron, their starting lineup could be harris, wall, lebron, yi, and brook lopez

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
Memphis

I don't think Memphis makes the playoffs, and if they don't get #1 they try to trade up for Wall, They have a nice young nucleus and Wall would be a good fit for the Grizz, Conley could start until Wall overtakes him and Conley would be a top level 6th man

europebasketball
honestly

i have to say the dude from lithuiana dontas montijunes (if i spelled his name right) he is the next dirk nowitzki same size and same game which makes him very dangerous but also you have to look at milan macvan who is a very great player but lacks quickness and athletism which makes him a late second round pick, really.

Hale
Hale's picture
The biggest legend this site

The biggest legend this site has ever seen, don042488 is finally back! Hopefully you post more often man, we need some quality threads.

RSS: Syndicate content