This topic contains 40 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar rileymcshea3 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    rileymcshea3
    Participant

Now this mock is just for fun and something that can look at when the real 2012 draft happens .It’s kinda like a time capsule that you dig up a year later. And yes its a little to early to do this but this is my first 10 picks for the 2012 draft (assuming Andre Drummond enters this draft).

And this first overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft is…… Andrew Drummond

Drummond can not be past up ,his athleticism and size is unbelieveable ,and may have another growth spurt( crazy right?).If he pans out to be that Dwight Howard projection he could be a great franchise player that you build your team around  ,but if he doesnt have the hunger to be great he could end up being just a starter but im willing to take my chance on this amazing talent.

#2-Harrison Barnes, 6’8 Sf North Carolina

Barnes’s great work ethic will pay off this year and will be a scoring Sf ,a shorter version of Kevin Durant but not as good.He finds ways to score and shows good court vision and knows how to rebound ,and play defense. I see him leading the Tarheels to another championship and wont have as much pressure to become an all american like he did last year.

#3-Jared Sullinger , 6’9-6’10 Pf Ohio State

Great post player and very phsyical and will muscle his way into the paint and finish strong with alot of contact.Also has a nice midrange game and looking to develop a face-up game. Can pass really good out of the post and is a excelent rebounder .Who ever drafts Sullinger will draft a determined winner.

#4-Anthony Davis, 6’10 Pf Kentucky

Your probably wondering why he has gotten past up by 3 teams when he is a great prospect at Power Forward being a great ball handler and passer for some one being 6’10 but the thing is he hasnt been a post player for a long time and doesnt have the build and his to skinny to be a franchise player on the low block.But besides that he has alot of potential and could be a Kevin Garnett type of player but until he develops a low post game and can be a go to guy I dont see him going over Drummond,Barnes and Sullinger.

#5 James McAdoo 6’8-6’9 Sf/Pf North Carolina

Derrick Williams 2.0 but what seperates McAdoo from the number 2 overall pick is McAdoo is said to be slighty taller with more comfortable passing and ball handling skills .But much like Williams he is sort of a tweener and doesnt have D-Wills phsycalness but would be a nice pick at number 5 getting a another Derrick Williams that was drafted second in this years draft.

#6 Perry Jones  6’11 Sf/Pf Baylor

Had a hard time of putting McAdoo over Jones because Jones is super athletic and very explosive . I dont see him playing Sf because he lacks the dribbling ablity to spend most of his time on the peremter .If you do play him at Sf he is a "High Riske/Reward player" that could be a taller Lebron that lacks Lebrons dribbling,passing, and shooting .But if you decide to play him at Pf he could be a Blake Griffin type of player with Marcus Camby defense. With all of these potential comparisons he is far from them and will take alot of focus and hard work which he seems to not have the fire to push him self to get better and needs to add more upper body strength.

#7 Austin Rivers 6’5 Sg Duke 

Rivers was measured in at 6’5 at a basketball camp(I think Kevin Durants but not sure). With his measurement at 6’5 I think it eliminates the question if he a legit Sg of a scoring Point guard.So Rivers is a scoring shooting guard that can lite up the score board and is a cold-blooded assasin.Has a full package of scoring moves starting with his jumpshot that allready has NBA range , and his midrang game is very good also. Not only can he score from outside but he can get to the basket and finish with either a floater or finish with contact.

#8 Quincy Miller 6’9 Sf/Pf  Baylor

Dont know much about him but I have heard he can score inside-out and has good size ,athleticism and basketball IQ and is a mismatch nightmare .Sounds pretty good to me .

#9 Michael Gilchrist 6’7 Sf Kentucky

Michael is a hard working grind it out defender that will rebound the ball .He has great work ethic and desire to get better.The problem is he needs work on offense, the main problem on offense is his shot but the upside to his offense is he can get to the basket and score inside.

#10 Patrc Young 6’9 Pf/C Florida 

Good size and strength and defender and rebounder much like Ben Wallace. Can finish around the rim well,blocks shots ,rebound the ball, good basketball IQ and good work ethic the only problem is he doesnt have that much ways to score. But Young isnt a flashy player on offense that wont take bad shots .

PLAYERS THAT ALMOST MADE THE CUT

Pg’s-Marquis Teague ,Myck Kabango

Sg’s-Jeremy Lamb,Bradley Beal,

Sf’s-Terrence Jones,LeBryan Nash,Adonis Thomas

Pf”s-John Henson,Thomas Robinson,

C-Tyler Zeller

paradigmn
    Participant

You had me untill PATRIC YOUNG….his performance at FIBA under 19 championship was "decent" not worthy of this HIGH a selection tho…plus JEREMY LAMB was the MAN on that team…he tore up the tournament…def should be drafted b4 Patric Young.

paradigmn
    Participant

You had me untill PATRIC YOUNG….his performance at FIBA under 19 championship was "decent" not worthy of this HIGH a selection tho…plus JEREMY LAMB was the MAN on that team…he tore up the tournament…def should be drafted b4 Patric Young.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Idk man Jeremy Lamb still needs to improve his jumper . 

And if a huge question mark named Bismack Biyombo can get drafted at #7 then his clone Patric Young who is more of a proven player but of course doesnt have a 7’7 wingspan like Biyombo does, Young is still capable of being drafted only 3 spots lower then Biyombo was.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Idk man Jeremy Lamb still needs to improve his jumper . 

And if a huge question mark named Bismack Biyombo can get drafted at #7 then his clone Patric Young who is more of a proven player but of course doesnt have a 7’7 wingspan like Biyombo does, Young is still capable of being drafted only 3 spots lower then Biyombo was.

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Yeah, Young reminds me of another former Florida Gator name Donell Harvey..Harvey had that great nba body,but left school too early,had a poor basketball IQ and was too raw..Young is also teasing alot of people with his defense, great motor and athletic skills….

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

Yeah, Young reminds me of another former Florida Gator name Donell Harvey..Harvey had that great nba body,but left school too early,had a poor basketball IQ and was too raw..Young is also teasing alot of people with his defense, great motor and athletic skills….

paradigmn
    Participant

I like the Bismack anology….1 thing the MAIN difference is….Bismack was a MYSTERY….Patric has alot of game film and stats for scouts to evaluate, like his freshmen year….http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=51329…which obviously left alot to be desired from.

paradigmn
    Participant

I like the Bismack anology….1 thing the MAIN difference is….Bismack was a MYSTERY….Patric has alot of game film and stats for scouts to evaluate, like his freshmen year….http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=51329…which obviously left alot to be desired from.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

exactly wouldnt you rather know what your getting then a mystery

rileymcshea3
    Participant

exactly wouldnt you rather know what your getting then a mystery

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I’m eager to see if Gilchrist and McAdoo will breakout at the start of the season and have a Durant like freshman year…

Gilchrist will have it a little easier than McAdoo will,becuz Cal usually allows his players freedom to find themselves….While Williams have a more of a team oriented system…

RUDEBOY_
    Participant

I’m eager to see if Gilchrist and McAdoo will breakout at the start of the season and have a Durant like freshman year…

Gilchrist will have it a little easier than McAdoo will,becuz Cal usually allows his players freedom to find themselves….While Williams have a more of a team oriented system…

JNixon
    Participant

Young is really no different than Biyombo. Just because Biyombo doesn’t have alot of film to the casual draft fan, doesn’t mean he’s not an athletic guy who fouls too much and is too raw on offense. I think Young is a mystery right now just as much as Biyombo is anyway. Young didn’t play alot for Florida this past season and mostly showed the same flashes he showed for this US team. Young isn’t a very impressive prospect to me.

JNixon
    Participant

Young is really no different than Biyombo. Just because Biyombo doesn’t have alot of film to the casual draft fan, doesn’t mean he’s not an athletic guy who fouls too much and is too raw on offense. I think Young is a mystery right now just as much as Biyombo is anyway. Young didn’t play alot for Florida this past season and mostly showed the same flashes he showed for this US team. Young isn’t a very impressive prospect to me.

frogman
    Participant

I like that Perry Jones is like Lebron minus his dribbling, passing and shooting.  So pretty much his entire offensive game lol.

Plus if he becomes Blake Griffin with Marcus Camby defence we have have the greatest big man in history on our hands!  Although I cannot for the life of me see any resemblance of Blake Griffin in Jones’ game.

Not a bad list though, although I Don’t see Sullinger getting picked above Anthony Davis.

PS. For your benefit I’m going to introduce the word passed into your vocabulary. 

Drummond can not be PASSED up

Your probably wondering why he has gotten PASSED up by 3 teams.

Thank me later

frogman
    Participant

I like that Perry Jones is like Lebron minus his dribbling, passing and shooting.  So pretty much his entire offensive game lol.

Plus if he becomes Blake Griffin with Marcus Camby defence we have have the greatest big man in history on our hands!  Although I cannot for the life of me see any resemblance of Blake Griffin in Jones’ game.

Not a bad list though, although I Don’t see Sullinger getting picked above Anthony Davis.

PS. For your benefit I’m going to introduce the word passed into your vocabulary. 

Drummond can not be PASSED up

Your probably wondering why he has gotten PASSED up by 3 teams.

Thank me later

paradigmn
    Participant

but…….What I would be getting from Lamb out wreighs what I would be getting from Young (atleast at the moment…given their freshmen seasons and how they looked at the FIBA games)…which by the way I watched every one…and Lamb looked TERRIFIC while Young had some nice games and played well, but far to often he looked like he just coldn’t "play" basketball.  He was running around the court like a chicken with his head cutoff.  No doubt he is a physical specimen…but right now…what Jeremy brings to the table makes him a better selection than Patric Young….IMO of course.

paradigmn
    Participant

but…….What I would be getting from Lamb out wreighs what I would be getting from Young (atleast at the moment…given their freshmen seasons and how they looked at the FIBA games)…which by the way I watched every one…and Lamb looked TERRIFIC while Young had some nice games and played well, but far to often he looked like he just coldn’t "play" basketball.  He was running around the court like a chicken with his head cutoff.  No doubt he is a physical specimen…but right now…what Jeremy brings to the table makes him a better selection than Patric Young….IMO of course.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Haha yeah I probably should  have put Jeremy Lamb over Patric Young but there is gonna be some draft suprises to watch out

And frogman thanks for grammar lesson haha I needed it!

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Haha yeah I probably should  have put Jeremy Lamb over Patric Young but there is gonna be some draft suprises to watch out

And frogman thanks for grammar lesson haha I needed it!

Kinguy11
    Participant

Your take on the top 5 picks were in my opinion origanal and accurate on what might happen if the draft was tommorow. The picks 6 through to 9 were also pretty good but No 10 Patrock Young, really?!? This guy is not as good as nearly everyone who were players that "almost made the cut." C’mon, go with Nash, Teague or Jones al least!

Kinguy11
    Participant

Your take on the top 5 picks were in my opinion origanal and accurate on what might happen if the draft was tommorow. The picks 6 through to 9 were also pretty good but No 10 Patrock Young, really?!? This guy is not as good as nearly everyone who were players that "almost made the cut." C’mon, go with Nash, Teague or Jones al least!

rileymcshea3
    Participant

I KNOW  I KNOW Patric Young shouldnt be a top 20 guy but thats a spot were possibly the Suns and Rockets could be and they would need to pickup a defensive C

rileymcshea3
    Participant

I KNOW  I KNOW Patric Young shouldnt be a top 20 guy but thats a spot were possibly the Suns and Rockets could be and they would need to pickup a defensive C

JNixon
    Participant

Neither Gilchrist or McAdoo will have a Kevin Durant-type Fr. season. On top of not being the individual talents Durant was, they both won’t get the touches they would need to even come close as they will be playing on teams with alot of scoring and offense returning.

JNixon
    Participant

Neither Gilchrist or McAdoo will have a Kevin Durant-type Fr. season. On top of not being the individual talents Durant was, they both won’t get the touches they would need to even come close as they will be playing on teams with alot of scoring and offense returning.

TRC1991
    Participant

id watch out for josiah turner…kid can hoop like no other

TRC1991
    Participant

id watch out for josiah turner…kid can hoop like no other

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Yeah I almost put josiah in the players that almost made the cut list

rileymcshea3
    Participant

Yeah I almost put josiah in the players that almost made the cut list

rileymcshea3
    Participant

O yeah I didnt say Blake Griffin with Marcus Camby defense .I said a Blake Griffin type playe with Marcus Camby defense.When I said a Blake Griffin type player I meant with his dunking ,dribbling, and passing ability with all of that athleticism.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

O yeah I didnt say Blake Griffin with Marcus Camby defense .I said a Blake Griffin type playe with Marcus Camby defense.When I said a Blake Griffin type player I meant with his dunking ,dribbling, and passing ability with all of that athleticism.

boshjonesford
    Participant

I would take JOnas Vlanciunis over Drummond (they are both young..jonas is taller for the center position) but harrison barnes on the other hand is different question think he will be the best player next year

boshjonesford
    Participant

I would take JOnas Vlanciunis over Drummond (they are both young..jonas is taller for the center position) but harrison barnes on the other hand is different question think he will be the best player next year

Hitster
    Participant

The top 10 list is pretty solid, I’d personally have Davis ahead of Sullinger and perhaps a PG has to go top 4 if you look at recent trends but my list would not be far off that.

Hitster
    Participant

The top 10 list is pretty solid, I’d personally have Davis ahead of Sullinger and perhaps a PG has to go top 4 if you look at recent trends but my list would not be far off that.

kobyz
    Participant

Patrc Young = Kris Humphries – not a lottery pick!

kobyz
    Participant

Patrc Young = Kris Humphries – not a lottery pick!

rileymcshea3
    Participant

haha I know y’all dont think Patric Young belongs there and your probably right but he has a chance .

And Hitster I really dont see any point guards capable oe being selected in top 4 . Especiaally when those top 4 could all be franchise players.

rileymcshea3
    Participant

haha I know y’all dont think Patric Young belongs there and your probably right but he has a chance .

And Hitster I really dont see any point guards capable oe being selected in top 4 . Especiaally when those top 4 could all be franchise players.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login