This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar JoeWolf1 13 years, 1 month ago.

• Author
    valentine

http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/45402/2011

What do you guys think? I went mostly with what I think teams need. I wasn’t going to include a 2nd round but I just decided to throw some names out there. Judge it mostly on the 1st round. I just read that forum topic on "need vs value: what’s the difference" and it’s a valid point. I tried to factor in need, potential, value and my opinions on players. We’ll see how players coming back to school and leaving early will affect this draft. Also wanted to put Jimmer higher but most teams have starting PG’s. Maybe give mine a grade, anywhere from A+ to F-, let me know. Time will tell as always….

OhCanada-
    Participant

Burks will be a lotto pick, you have him going 24th to Dallas.

OhCanada-
    Participant

Also Thompson and Hamilton said they will be staying for another year.

nappy headed whitey

i guess you didn’t see my description, i’m also factoring in my personal feelings on players. As I always say, I could easily be wrong, but I’m not a fan of Burks, and I’m from St. Louis so I see a lot of Big 12 games and he plain and simple can’t shoot. Also with the Texas boys, you can’t sit here and go "oh well they said they’ll be back"…your not going to know that for sure until the declaring deadline passes so I’ll keep them in there

Ghost01
    Participant

I like it alot, just really hope my Bulls dont get Jordan Hamilton lol.

M-DYMES
    Participant

What so we can’t critique ur picks with our opinons?  I thought u wanted our thoughts, and to NBA teams, your thoughts aren’t gonna matter and Burks will surely go Late lotto at the latest. 

My thoughts…

Burks too low.  Even if he goes late, Minny be a perfect fit @ 18.  That would be a gift to them.

Love that u moved Valauncias up significantly, might be a bit to high as u have him before Sullinger even but he will shoot up the boards.

Terrance Jones will drop a bit IMO.  His play hasn’t been phenomenal as of late.

Interesting to see what happens with Walker.  IDK if he should go that high but I could see a team taking a shot with his play this year.  Same with Kawhi.

If Knight comes out, he will be interesting.  That would be a steal for NY imo.

Doubt Shelby/Henson/Hamilton/Thompson come out.

IDK bout Vesely to Houston.  He seems like their type of player but they have a logjam at SF where I think he ends up fitting more or less.

Despite Scotty Hobson’s play in the tourney, I still think he goes relatively high, if not late 1st, early 2nd for sure. 

Love Jimmer to the Jazz with their 2nd pick.  The inside/outside combo of him and Big Al could potentially be lethal. 

Toronto16
    Participant

Why do you have the Raptors picking Kanter?

Fritz
    Participant

I think Selby is almost a lock for staying unless he has some sick performance in the tourny to raise his stock back up. I really hope Robinson stays hes not ready for the NBA but is a great prospect. I believe he will go though because of the many deaths in his family he will need the money to help pay for him and his little sister.

Im not as high on Barnes as you are, I think Barnes is going to be a sure fire solid player in the NBA I just dont see him ever reaching All-star status. I see him being as good as Luol Deng, which is great hes a good player but maybe in a weak draft like this thats ok but I wouldnt waste my number one on that.

I would love to see Alec Burks slip to the bulls I would love to see him in a bulls uniform, he could eventually develop into the starter that they need in that spot. Does need to work on his 3 point shooting though

What are your opinions on the Charlotte pick. I am a Charlotte fan but how does Walker or Fredette fit this team? There are so many holes in this squad but sadly I think Augustine is the best block for the future. I dont think Henderson is the long term answer at SG but I would just draft the best prospect available unless its at Pg which is what every team has them pegged as taking. Im not completely against them taking Fredette or Walker but what are your opinions on the bobcats pick.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

I would like this pick to add to the biggest frontcourt in the league, but why would Sacramento take Perry Jones when they have Donte Greene?

SwatLakeCity
    Participant

Jazz are not drafting a big. They have a ton already and are fine with them all. (Jefferson, Millsap, Favors, Fez, and Okur is hurt but he’ll come back next year. AK is a free agent next year, he gets hurt a ton. Although he is valuable to Utah’s offense with all the depth at SF this year, I can’t help but think it would be better for them to go with Terrance Jones or Jan Vesely. Besides the salary cap will be pretty low next year and Utah will probably  only be able to resign Miles and Watson, which leaves Price, Elson and AK as free agents and will probably go to other teams.

Burks will go much higher. Remember how the Wolves wanted Evan Turner last year? I know Burks can’t really shoot but nor could Turner. Burks is this year’s Turner to me so the Wolves would be elated to see him available at 18. He aint going lower than 18, you can count on it. His passing ability and transition game will be what’s get him a late lottery to a mid first round pick.

Hamilton is a great shooter, not a great defender but thats why I think he’ll play the 2 guard at the next level. With Redd from the Bucks expected not to return to form, I wouldn’t be surprised if Hamilton goes to the Bucks to replace Redd.

@urbanofeverything, The Bulls need a role player. They don’t really need a star. They already have 3 in Rose, Noah and Boozer, why do they need another one? Besides there really are no stars in the draft this year and the salary cap is going to be lowered next year. Which means the Bulls likely will not have enough money to sign a star SG like Mayo or even trade for him. Buford is a very nice role player. He can fit onto any team and can shoot well. Not great but better then Ronnie Brewer, Bogans and Butler can. Buforf would fit in very well next to Rose. Stop being so against rookies. You can get them for cheap and then if they turn out well, you can sign them for more. But the Bulls don’t need much for their SG. They are getting along just fine now, sure they need one , but a role player that’s a SG would be just perfect. Buford would be a good fit with the Bulls and so would Lighty, don’t be so against them.

Jimmer to the Jazz’s second pick is a great pick, but if Brandon Knight comes out, the Jazz could pick him. 

Cavs are expected to pick a PG, SF and/or a C. If they pick Barnes with their first pick, I wouldn’t be surprised with their second pick they pick Jonas or Kanter which ever one is available. Irving is not slipping to 8 and nor is Kemba going higher than 10 so with no other PG’s available that are good enough to go 8th, I would think they would go to a Center.

There are more problems but thats all I care to comment on now.

nappy headed whitey

@m-dymes, no not at all, i welcome the critique, i jus dont like the matter of fact way oh-canada said it, plus i dont really like him anyway. Also, Terrence Jones has not looked good lately. And Knight is verrrry interesting, he could go anywhere from 12 -24 IMO. @church boy, a lot of people have you taking perry jones so if your going to take a big guy might as well be a good one. Raps gotta get rid of Bargnani, the "Italian Dirk" expirement has not worked and they need to go in another direction. I’m really high on Kanter, can bang down low with Ed and Amir, you now have a solid and defensive minded frontline. @Fritz, first of all I’m an Illinois fan, so congrats on the win, but the officiating was complete BS, not that it ended up mattering. As for the Bobcats, i don’t know man. I agree Augustine has seemingly stepped up so I’ll probably change that. I’d go for Kawhi if he’s there, easy to compare him to Gerald Wallace and will bring the same defensive intensity and has a lot of room to grow offensively, hopefully someone can help him with that god awful shot. Honestly, I think I might change it to Marcus Morris man, he can shoot, he can board. He puts stats up even competing with his brother on every game. Imagine if he was THE man on a team. He already averages 17 and 7, is it too much to say he might average 25 and 12 if he was on say Villanova (he’s from Philly)?

gone
    Participant

You never know James Anderson was suppose to be late lottery and we all see where he went so Burks might could slide

nappy headed whitey

good call @wiz….and everyone, once the decleration deadline passes there are NO gaurantees ANY of those guys will come back. How many times have we heard "one more year/i’m coming back" and the dude enters the draft. @wardb12,  I tend to agree, but they need to trade Millsap, he has fully hit his ceiling, Favors needs minutes and Okur is a lost cause, I wouldn’t surprised if he got traded by the deadline next year or got a buyout if they are not a playoff team. And obviously it’s not a perfect mock, no one on here is going to have one….one last thought, @wardb12 ARE YOU SERIOUSLY COMPARING ALEC BURKS TO EVAN TURNER???!!!!! you should be booted off this website for that. Wooden, Naismith, AP Player of the Year compared to ALEC F’ING BURKS….come on mannnnn

nappy headed whitey

"Burks is this year’s Turner to me"   -wardb12

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA you realize Evan Turner went #2 overall and some people thought maybe the Wizards should take him over John Wall. I saw Evan play live in Champaign (University of Illinois) and he completely dominated. While he has not lived up to what the Sixers thought he would be right away he has shown the talent, he just needs to be more consistent. @wardb12, thank you for the laugh

kacey
    Participant

Why is Jeff Taylor in the middle of the second round? I’m surprised to see Quincy Acy and Shumpert in your mock as well, I think all of these guys stay in school for another year.

If Taylor does opt to go pro, I think he would more than likely be a first round pick.

nappy headed whitey

@memphis tyga, why not? Donte Green? What has he done that you turn down a kid oozing with potential? I’m not very high on Perry to be honest, he’ll get pushed around down low, to me he has to play the 3, don’t know about his jumper though. Everyone else seems to love him though. @wardb12, I gave the Cavs Donatas with their second pick and Jonas might be there, Kanter will not. I think Donatas might be a better fit, with Varejao and Hickson banging down low with Donatas and Jamison being able to stretch the floor.

nappy headed whitey

@Jamie, I said don’t judge the 2nd round, I just threw names out there for the hell of it. And IMO jeff taylor is terrible and absolutely average. He will not get burn in the league. Feel sorry for the team who decides to waste a 1st rounder on him if he comes out. and @m-dymes, what you think the NBA values your opinions over mine? like Keyshawn would say "come on mannnnnnn"

kacey
    Participant

Trust me the Wizards never considered taking Turner over John Wall. 

@memphistyga "why would Sacramento take Perry Jones when they have Donte Greene?"

I don’t think Donte Greene is really the kind of player that prevents a team from drafting a player for that position.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

If Sacramento takes Perry Jones I hope they free up Donte Greene. By the way, "Donte you ugly as f*ck"-B-Easy

kacey
    Participant

Whoops, I can’t read, my bad.

But still, Jeff Taylor would not be a waste of a first round pick.  He is athletic as hell and has improved each year he has been at Vandy, with the most recent improvement being his outside jumper.  I would take him over Kyle Singler easily.

gone
    Participant

But we all know the cavs won’t get the 1st pick the worst team never does

OhCanada-
    Participant

i welcome the critique, i jus dont like the matter of fact way oh-canada said it

What did I do?

nappy headed whitey

i just plain and simple don’t like you. hahahaha my bad but you think the raptors can be good but it’s going to be a WHILE till that goes down………..and "Blame Canada, BLAME CANADA"….."your not my fwiend buddy!" "your not my buddy guy!" "your not my guy fwiend" hahahahah fuck canada

r377r377
    r377
    Participant

I like your draft – there is a few players i had going at different spots in my draft but thats the good thing about reading everybody’s mock draft.  You get different opinions – No ones mocks are the same at this stage 🙂

draftmangt
    Participant

Unless Washington or goldenstate wins the lottery Kyrie Irving will go #1.

JoeWolf1

nappy headed whitey, I agree with you to an extent on Burks.  You can tell the people who’ve seen him a lot as compared to the ones who haven’t, usually the more you’ve seen him the more skeptical you are of his game.  His weaknesses are just as apparent as his strengths and although I don’t think he’ll slip as far as you have him (personally I think he’s 9-14) there is a better chance he’s going #24 than there is of him going #2 or #3 and no way is he ready to have much more of an impact next season than a slasher and transition player off the bench. People drool over his potential, if he could get a mid range game,  if he could put on 20 lbs, if he could shoot 3’s, but he’s not that NBA ready right now.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login