MVP set to buy SACRAMENTO KINGS in 2013

rhamnlacson
rhamnlacson's picture
MVP set to buy SACRAMENTO KINGS in 2013

filipino billionmare manny v pangilinan is set to buy the kings no matter what price it is we all know MVP as the man who bought most of the important buisnesses in the phil so with that being said he also plans on havin g the team stay in sacramento and not move to anahime or manila

torontoraptors10
Question

"so with that being said he also plans on havin g the team stay in sacramento and not move to anahime or manila"

Why would the Sacramento Kings move to Manila, Phillippines?

rhamnlacson
rhamnlacson's picture
there were rumors

there were rumors that mvp was planning to move the kings to manila just to clear things up

rhamnlacson
rhamnlacson's picture
there were rumors

there were rumors that mvp was planning to move the kings to manila just to clear things up

torontoraptors10
To clear what up?

To clear what up?

apb540
apb540's picture
?

Are we supposed to know who this MVP guy is? Either way, if a team is going to move, move to Seattle.

McDunkin
McDunkin's picture
I thought it meant a former

I thought it meant a former NBA MVP

ProudGrandpa
ProudGrandpa's picture

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hitster
Hitster's picture
If the current owners want to

If the current owners want to sell then getting another overseas owner in could be interesting. But we need to see his money first!

The Scare Crow ...
what if Rupert Murdoch wanted to buy the Kings too...

I thought having a team in England was a goal for David Stern and the NBA for years, Murdoch and the Royals(New name/Old name for the Former Sacramento Kings) seems like a perfect match(Murdoch is one the richest men on the Planet)

If Murdoch is a little too shady for your liking there is also Richard Branson(CEO of Virgin Records,Mobile and etc...)

London is a perfect place for an NBA franchise to succeed overseas if it is at all possible...Deep Pockets and a Superstar would just about do the job of creating a huge International Buzz...

Seattle is also another Prime location for a new/old Team ...We need the Seattle Super Sonics to make a Return

The London Royals and Seattle Super Sonics are two Teams I like to see, they need to become the Expansion

hiphopismylife
hiphopismylife's picture
Wow I thought u were talking

Wow I thought u were talking about the wrestler lol

Hitster
Hitster's picture
Rupert Murdoch tried to buy

Rupert Murdoch tried to buy Manchester United Football Club via BSkyB (his main UK satellite channel) about 13 years ago but this was veoted by the UK government due to a conflict of interest due to BSkyB owning the main TV rights to the English Premier League.

Richard Branson has never shown much interest to take over a sports club having never got involved in football apart from sponsoring a team's shirts for a few years. He once owned a Rugby club and put his name to a Formula One team a couple of years ago. Branson always looks for a return and I don't see an NBA franchise being the sort of thing that could give Sir Richard a return on his money.

A London franchise for the NBA is a great idea but time zone and travel logistics would make it nigh on impossible. Maybe we could get a regular season game or two each year at the 02 in London as the NFL game at Wembley each year works well but again with the NBA schedule travel time is always an issue unlike the NBA where teams only play once a week usually and an extra day or two's recovery time for the travel can easilly be fitted in.

Getting a team back in Seattle would be great and I'd personally prefer that than say the Kings moving to Anaheim for example but I'd be very sad for Sacramento to lose a long standing franchise.

Jlv2012
The Kings are going nowhere.

Maloofs too broke to sell. Plus, this idea was organized by Chris Webber who has all intentions of keeping the Kings where they are.

RSS: Syndicate content