Mr.6000's Countdown to The Draft: 60 Prospects in 30 Days ( 54 & 53)

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Mr.6000's Countdown to The Draft: 60 Prospects in 30 Days ( 54 & 53)

Alright. Excuse any spelling errors. I'm on nbadraft.net mobile. Cool? Alright here we go!

54: Brian Zoubek, 7'1 255, C, Duke

Ughhhh. Why? But since he's risen his stock in a similar way to Jon Scheyer and is getting love fron NBA teams, I have to discuss him :/. (Takes a sigh). Brian Zoubek is 1st and foremost a large dude. He ws simply immovable in the 2nd half of his Senior year. As a huge beneficiary of the lack of the Defensive 3 Second rule in college, he was the 2nd most dominant offensive rebounder in the last 10 years (behind DeJuan Blair). He is a factor on the glass at his size and he's a rugged post defender who can make life hard for opposing Centers by using his length to contest. He, however is terrible offensively if you compare him to other Center prospects. Slow-footed, stiff, and very unathetic, it wouldn't surprise me if he was one of the worst players in the NBA if he makes a roster. He'll at least be the slowest. His team would be a liability because teams would try to get in transition as soon as they spot him on the court.

53: Tommy Mason-Griffin, 5'10 210, PG, Oklahoma

One of the weidest draft entries was the one TMG was apart of. He was the 1st of many weird declarations to the draft. Mason-Griffin is very short and stocky, but he appears to have great strength. He still is well undersized, and not athletic or long enough to stop him from being sonewhat of a liability. He is a talented player/scorer in the Jameer Nelson mold, with a nice stroke from the 3-point line and a nice crossover and overall handle. He isn't really a true PG, and even though he had a good number of assists most came from pounding the ball and passing as a last resort. His court vision is limited. Defensively he is bad just like everybody on OU's team, and a very risky gambler. He'll never be a good defender either because he isn't quick laterally and he lacks the mentality and most importantly the size. He seems talented enough offensively to make it to the NBA as a change-pace PG after spending time in the D-League, but he may play too selfish and might not be smart enough to realize his true potential.

kobyz
kobyz's picture
i think Tommy Mason-Griffin

i think Tommy Mason-Griffin will be draft in the early second round, he worth the gamble there cause he has first round talent. i see similarity to Damon Stoudamire, both very small but storng and both talented scorers.

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
I see Tommy Mason-Griffin as

I see Tommy Mason-Griffin as the same type of player Sherron Collins is going to translate to in the NBA, but Mason-Griffin has less experience, fewer point guard skills, and not as fast in the open floor. Sherron is projected early 2nd round, but I think Mason-Griffin is more like mid-late 2nd only because this draft doesn't have an abundance of point guards. I'm not too high on him, but he's young enough he'll get a shot.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Zoubek..everyone's favorite

Zoubek..everyone's favorite athlete

RSS: Syndicate content