Mr.6000's Countdown to The Draft: 60 Prospects in 30 Days (40 & 39)

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Mr.6000's Countdown to The Draft: 60 Prospects in 30 Days (40 & 39)

Quick Rundown of who I've Covered: Dominique Archie, Jon Scheyer, Denis Clemente, Latavious Williams, Ryan Thompson, Patrick Christopher, Brian Zoubek, Tommy Mason-Griffin, Derrick Caracter, Luke Harangody, Scottie Reynolds, Darrington Hobson, Dexter Pittman, Sylven Landesburg, Tiny Gallon, Sherron Collins, Jerome Dyson, Mikhail Torrence, Charles Garcia, Ryan Richards, Jerome Randle, and Jerome Jordan. We are getting into the more well-known guys now! Well.....kinda

40: Elijah Millsap: 6'6 210, SF, University of Alabama-Birmingham

Radical, extremely radical. I know. Most of you probably haven't heard of Elijah Milsap, or if you have you haven't seen him play alot. Well let me break this guy down, that's what PALS are for right? Haha. Millsap is an excellent athlete with good size and length, and the strength and build of Andre Iguodala. Millsap is a mismatch type of offensive player. He won't play PF in the NBA like he did at times in college, but he regularly beat PF's off the dribble in college. As a SF he also was an effective slasher and decent finisher with his athleticism and strength. He can handle the ball OK, and can create his own shots well and he got to the foul line at one of the better rates in the country. He is turnover prone though, and he will try to do too much when handling the ball. As a shooter, he's below average. He has no range, and his mid-range shot is kind of raw, even though he will make NBA-level shots off the dribble from that range a few times. As a rebounder and defender is where Millsap has the most value. He is a tough-minded player and he was a lockdown defender in the C-USA last year. That will probably be what gets him to the NBA if he makes it. As a rebounder, he was one of the best in the country, especially for a SF at 9.5 a game. I've seen him play a good bit this year, and he definitely is an elite defender and that will be what ultimately gets him to the NBA. Watch out for him.

39: Dwayne Collins, 6'8 240, PF, Miami (Fl)

Collins is a guy I was interested in this summer, back when he was a long shot prospect. I like his bullish style of play. He reminds me of Ronny Turiaf. He's not talented offensively, but man is he energetic, strong, aggressive, and an explosive finisher around the rim. He went from a guy who's lack of a post game could make him disappear from games, to a guy who was somewhat a go-to scorer for Miami (for better or worse). Collins has limited footwork down low, so isn't as effective as a scorer if he can't overpower his man, and he's prone to making bad decisions like spinning into double teams and getting called for charges and travels when trying to create. As a rebounder, he is super intense and his wide frame and long arms allows him to be a huge presence. Defensively he is good to have against back-to-the-basket PF's where he can body up and use his length to contest. Against athletic face-up PF's, he has trouble though because of a lack of agility. I think Collins can play a Ronny Turiaf or DeJuan Blair type role in the NBA. He's not quite the physical beast that Blair is, and he's not quite as tall as Turiaf, but he can play in the NBA for some team and have a role. He's a "what you see is what you get" type of prospect. Safe pick if you need what he provides.

McWinning
Who calls Uab ''University of

Who calls Uab ''University of Alabama-Birmingham''? Cmon its Uab.

I agree Millsap is gonna be a decent player, hes a very versatile player, and does a little bit of everything.

13kavak
wouldnt it be something

to see the millsaps in utah sf-pf

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Lol, being picky are we

Lol, being picky are we

JNixon
JNixon's picture
It would be cool. Are they

It would be cool. Are they brothers or cousins? I didn't look it up when I was typing for some reason.

13kavak
brothers

a

ajthejuiceman
ajthejuiceman's picture
millsaps brother undrafted

millsaps brother undrafted

JNixon
JNixon's picture
They said the same thing

They said the same thing about a former fellow UAB Blazer 2 years ago, Walter Sharpe. And he was taken in the top of the 2nd round. He could be undrafted though, but don't go by pre-draft mocks. Crazier things have happened. Who knew who Christian Eyenga was before last year's draft?, let alone thought he'd get picked

OrangeJuiceJones
OrangeJuiceJones's picture
Eyenga as a first-round pick

Eyenga as a first-round pick is a decision that I may never understand.

kacey
I'm pretty sure there was a

I'm pretty sure there was a note on Christian Eyenga on an ESPN Insider article last year a couple of days before the draft.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
^Again I ask, who knew who

^Again I ask, who knew who Christian Eyenga was?, let alone thought he'd get picked.

kacey
I'm pretty sure there was a

I'm pretty sure there was a note on Christian Eyenga on an ESPN Insider article last year a couple of days before the draft.

So someone knew who he was.

RSS: Syndicate content