Mr.6000 Mock Draft

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Mr.6000 Mock Draft

This is my 1st mock since the lotto results and my last one until I figure out player promises and how guys look after workouts etc etc.

Here it is with comments: http://www.nbadraft.net/nba_mock_drafts/comments/25841

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
Good mock. Something to

Good mock.

Something to note... AJ Price did something stupid to his knee in a pickup game in Long Island. He had surgery and will be out for awhile. I think the Pacers will take a point guard with one of their picks.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I like the mock overall. Just

I like the mock overall. Just a couple things that caught my eye

- I cannot see Udoh going top 10. Also, if Indiana goes that route I would believe Patterson would be that pick.

- Minny with Cousins and Davis?

- I think Boston should go Ebanks over Pondexter IMO. Decent pick either way

- Portland cannot take a euro unless they know last years pick- Claver is coming over. They need someone who could be a big off the bench to help this team this season. Maybe Lawal?

- Babbitt is way too low. Some Draft guys i know were telling me no way he slips out the top 15.

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
Pacers aren't picking

Pacers aren't picking Patterson. We already have an undersized role player type power forward in Hansbrough.

I do agree with you on Babbitt though. I think he'll go higher.

FUTURE GM
Good Mock

Good mock draft but having the Twolves take Ed Davis at 16 is crazy

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I believe Larry Legend likes

I believe Larry Legend likes the 3-4 year type players IMO

Granger? Hansbrough? Hibbert? Rush?

I just have a feeling that someone who he'd pick.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
I actually see Cousins being

I actually see Cousins being traded from Minnesota, and I think Davis will be their later pick. That's why I think they go with Davis. Something tells me Cousins will be dealt to the 76ers for Turner.

Udoh provides a combination of offense and defense that Patrick Patterson doesn't have, and he can play PF or C. He is a good fit for Indy, and he could make their lineups flexible, because Hibbert can be ran to death when he's on the floor. Udoh can run the floor and be effective in half-court on both ends.

Something tells me Babbitt is going to fall in the 20's. You have to be concerned about his defensive potential.

I will put some thought into who the Pacers select at PG ButlerBulldogs.

Why take Ebanks over Pondexter? Pondexter is more talented offensively, and he has the ability to be a good defender too. Maybe not like Ebanks, but he can contribute early and he's not that far off from being a better defender than Ebanks.

KahnJr.
Even if Ed Davis falls to

Even if Ed Davis falls to minny at 16, i think they get a swingman

moneymanvic
moneymanvic's picture
A couple things: I think the

A couple things:
I think the hornets grab whiteside if he is there but get paul george instead
Also the kings wont draft monroe I think they go Aldrich
Which sends monroe to GS and Wes to LA
Toronto grabs davis
And last the hawks grab Stephenson at 24 to replace JJ
Otherwise pretty good

moneymanvic
moneymanvic's picture
A couple things: I think the

A couple things:
I think the hornets grab whiteside if he is there but get paul george instead
Also the kings wont draft monroe I think they go Aldrich
Which sends monroe to GS and Wes to LA
Toronto grabs davis
And last the hawks grab Stephenson at 24 to replace JJ
Otherwise pretty good

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
When you put it that way...I

When you put it that way...I understand the Davis pick

Agree about Udoh but this is LB were talking about- When has he made the "best" move?

I think Babbitt's ability to play SF and PF is something someone is gonna take. I could see him going as high as 8 to LAC

I would take Ebanks over Pondexter because I believe Ebanks will be a LOCKDOWN defender. I believe he has the ability and upside to be the best defender in the NBA.

wesleymatthews23
wesleymatthews23's picture
Utah wont be drafting

Utah wont be drafting Motiejunas for a Boozer replacement. They want a hard worker and defense. That means Udoh. He brings both to the table just what Utah needs to get past those pesky Lakers. And he is bigger then Patterson who reminds me of Millsap.
Davis wont be slipping to 16. He should go in the Lottery. His injury did not plummet his stock that much.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I seen Udoh to Utah and all I

I seen Udoh to Utah and all I can say is: Stop

Udoh is not the man who will push Utah past LA. If that's the case, take Cole Aldrich. He's a better rebounder and defensive player. I also think Utah should move down. Maybe add another draft pick and see if they could add Aldrich and someone like James Anderson or even Daniel Orton.

The Jazz are two big men away from being LA not one.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
Ehh, Ed Davis isn't

Ehh, Ed Davis isn't impressive to me. Don't be surprised if he slips Darrell Arthur style. He's also a very similar player to Darrell Arthur. I mean he's basically a 225 lb C.

Utah can do alot of different things with their pick, since they'll look for a big man I think Motiejunas fits. He's a floor spreader, and I think he can be a Mehmet Okur type of player. Okur was a valuable weapon for Utah when he was healthy and in his prime.

RSS: Syndicate content