Most Upside in 2009 draft?

QHaynes123
Most Upside in 2009 draft?

Who do you think has the most upside out of all prospects?

My pick is Craig Brackins.

delfam
delfam's picture
tons of people have

tons of people have potential, doesn't mean they'll live up to it

Derozan has a great body and perfect size for a 2 guard in the NBA

Mullens is a legit 7ft, athletic, and can run the floor

Jennings is lightning quick and has that flash in his game

bigboom1
Craig Brackins reminds me of

Craig Brackins reminds me of Lamarcus Alridge from Portland. I'll say Griffin or Harden

Why
Why's picture
DeMar DeRozan

DeRozan could be like a Kobe/ VC type but he won't ever live up to the hype sadly.

dlisgod
how about...

Greg Monroe??? He might dominate one day

KATASTROPHE
Blake Griffin could have a

Blake Griffin could have a Malone type career

blackflash234
Brandon Jennings and Demar

Brandon Jennings and Demar Derozen. Also watch out for Jeff Teague.

WildDude
Thabeet

Greg Monroe went back so tat doesn't count... honestly, VC never lived up to the hype so I really doubt Derozan will because he's a poor-mans version, my pick is Hasheem Thabeet, if he could have a Mutumo career that'd be good enough.

I Am Awesome-O
I Am Awesome-O's picture
Griffin, Rubio, Wall

Blake Griffin, Ricky Rubio, and John Wall (if he declares) are the only potential franchise players in this year's draft IMO. There could be a few others who wind up being stars, such as Jennings, Thabeet, Evans, DeRozan, and Clark, but I just don't see a whole lot of superstardom coming from this draft.

WritingNBA.blog...
WritingNBA.blogspot.com's picture
Austin Daye

Austin Daye: He can shoot with unlimited range and he play D. I expect him to kill once he get more strong. 6'10'' can handle and pass.

Btruss01
Earl Clark

I think Earl Clark has the most upside. He could become a poor man's LeBron.
6'9'' Small Forward who runs the break, passes, and rebounds.
If he can improve his shooting and add some strength he could be a perennial all-star.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Earl Clark is right.

Earl Clark is right. Everyone else is close to where they will be and that is not bad but Earl Clark is like Lamar Odom he has the total package and hopefully he can be improve and be more consistent.

rickyrudyvictor...
thabeet....super raw. maybe

thabeet....super raw. maybe derozan and mullens a close 2nd because they all also rough gems...sadly all 3 could turn out busts. I have a feeling mullens is the next kousta koufous...shoulda stayed 1 more year then koufous, mullens, buford, and the evan whatever...top-10 team

bishopm.dot
Earl Clark is really

Earl Clark is really intriguing. He can handle, shoot, post up, and rebound. I really think he compares well to Lamar Odom but I think he is a better shooter now than Odom was/is. He'll be steal if someone gets him out of the top 5.

I also like James Johnson from Wake. He's got a good body and is atheltic enough. He could work better on his jumper and his handle. If he does that then he can be a solid pro. I also think Daye could be a solid prospect. He's got the tools, someone has to push him though. I'd love to see him go to Charlotte and get coached by Larry Brown. He could be another Tayshaun Prince. Look out for Chase Budinger. He could be a better version of Brent Barry. He's athletic and can shoot and i think if he works on his handle he could play some point forward and be really explosive. I would like to see him in Phoenix, and see him run down there or in New Jersey with Devin Harris.

Al-Farouq Aminu
Al-Farouq Aminu's picture
JAMES JOHNSON aka: JEFF GREEN

JAMES JOHNSON aka: JEFF GREEN

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
people forget how good Brent

people forget how good Brent Barry was skill wise coming in Chase has no handles and can't past. Brent Barry could shoot, pass, dribble and few other things well. Chase will be late 1st in a weak draft. I think Brent was either lottery or close in a pretty decent draft.

alodom7
Tyreke Evans

Tyreke Evans hands down by a landslide. He could be the next Kobe if he works on his jumpshot, he definitely has that killer instinct.

Bradfoms
Bradfoms's picture
Anyone who has watched more

Anyone who has watched more than one Arizona game will tell you that Chase can pass very well...he's a smart and alert passer, especially when a trap or double team comes...but you are right about the ball handling, that could use a lot of work

RSS: Syndicate content