Most Underrated Player(s) in the 2011 NBA Draft

Sports Tears In...
Sports Tears In Our Beers's picture
Most Underrated Player(s) in the 2011 NBA Draft

What's up. Thought we would give you guys something to think about over the weekend. With the draft combine coming up, we decided to pick our 2 most underrated players in this years draft. Here are the players we are picking. They are borderline late first round into second round players

JuJuan Johnson

Keith Benson

See the link below to see why.

Who are you picking?

Thanks

sportstearsinourbeers.blogspot.com/

steviechillz
steviechillz's picture
mine are:

Etwaun Moore 6-3 PG/SG with good athletic ability and i think he can come off the bench and give you a scoring punch

Marshon Brooks 6-5 SG Either wayl, I think your either getting another Jamaal Crawford or another Jordan Crawford....either way you cant go wrong!!

Justin Harper 6-10 SF/PF Is a great shooter for his size, nice spin move, and he can get even better if he tightens that handle

Greg Smith 6-10 PF/C May be coming out too early, but has very good post moves, good passing ability off the double team. He didnt have a great year, but he can be a good role player for a playoff team

surve
surve's picture
My 2 lower profile would be

My 2 lower profile would be Reggie Jackson and Jamie Skeen

My 2 higher profile would be Jordan Hamilton and Isiah Thomas

COtf33
my pick is

Charles Jenkins. I like his game. He is listed as a PG/SG, He can shoot the ball pretty well. It will be interesting to see how he does at the Chicago Pre Draft camp.

iminipanda
Faried

People still sleeping on Kenneth Faried. smh.

topotamolder
Nikola Vucevicand Reggie

Nikola Vucevic - Big pf/c (i'm sure he is bigger than the 6'10 he is listed) with very good mid range and post game, range to the 3pt line and a good rebounder

and Reggie Jackson (I still don't get why he isn't in the nbadraft.net mock ?

zebano
D. Morris is now getting hype

D. Morris is now getting hype so I can't pick him but I like Reggie Jackson and I think Nolan Smith will immediately be an effective combo guard / 6th man. I think Lighty is well worth a flyer in the second round.

Da1pot
Da1pot's picture
Andrew Goudelock can flat out

Andrew Goudelock can flat out score and is a great shooter with a quick release, and although he is only 6'2, he has a 6'5 wingspan and is very quick plus a solid mover without the ball. I'm not comparing him to Gary Neal but I feel he could have the same effect if he is drafted by the right team.

kobyz
kobyz's picture
definitely David Lighty, why

definitely David Lighty, why this guy never gets some credit, a solid prospect, could be at worst DeShawn Stevenson to at best Anthony Parker!

Tobe Bryant
Tobe Bryant's picture
Iman Shumpert

Although he is erratic and turnover prone, I think he will be a FAR greater PRO than college player. He would fit in sooooo well with the Lakers, providing them so PG defense with his amazing length and defensive ability. The Lakers should draft him and get YOUNGER!

Chilbert arenas
Chilbert arenas's picture
Vernon Macklin- Size and

Vernon Macklin- Size and solid post play

Scotty Hopson- Good shooting touch and physical tools

Chris Wright- World class athlete with good motor, needs to refine game though

M-DYMES
M-DYMES's picture
Bojan Bogdanovic...serious

Bojan Bogdanovic...serious potential here, but his contract may force him to stay in Euro ball for a few more seasons.

Memphis Madness
I like Skeen but I have him

I like Skeen but I have him going really high to the Thunder in the late first round. But, hopefully he falls to the Grizzlies at 49 (where this site has him at). He can hit 3's and play inside. Should be great off the bench.

If he goes in the second round he is a great sleeper pick.

esperanzafleet69
esperanzafleet69's picture
selby

selby

franfran
franfran's picture

Tyler Honeycutt, Tobias Harris, Nikola Mirotic, Jeremy Tyler, Josh Selby and Jordan Hamilton

BothTeamsPlayedHard
BothTeamsPlayedHard's picture
""Although he is erratic and

""Although he is erratic and turnover prone, I think he will be a FAR greater PRO than college player. He would fit in sooooo well with the Lakers, providing them so PG defense with his amazing length and defensive ability. The Lakers should draft him and get YOUNGER!"

Crittenton 2.0 or another Smush Parker?

"Reggie Jackson (I still don't get why he isn't in the nbadraft.net mock ?"

Just checked, Wake Forest, Maryland, and McNeese State are not on an NBA schedule next year. I'm not sure if that is the rationale, but just an idea.

"Greg Smith 6-10 PF/C May be coming out too early, but has very good post moves, good passing ability off the double team. He didnt have a great year, but he can be a good role player for a playoff team"

He was a middling performer in the weakest WAC season in years on a team where the coach went into the season wanting him to be THE guy. He does nothing that cannot be said of every NBDL center.

Gmoney686
Gmoney686's picture
I like Jajuan Johnson i

I like Jajuan Johnson i think he could be a impact player like taj gibson he's long and has nice athleticism, can hit tha midrange jumper, plays good defense and is a mature player...........just needs to hit tha weight room so he doesn't get punished around

Windy City Assassin
Chandler Parsons-Walking
  • Chandler Parsons-Walking mismatch problem for positions 2 & 3
  • Tyler Honeycutt-Although a 1st Rounder there has been NO buzz what so ever
  • Malcolm Lee-Dude just needs a consistent J because he will be a decent PG I can see Jamal Crawford 2.0 in him.

MagikKnick
MagikKnick's picture
Tyler Honeycutt is one of my

Tyler Honeycutt is one of my top guys, huge fan of TH, I see a young Tayshaun Prince..couple years down the line I wouldnt be surprised if we mention TH as one of the top guys in the 2011 draft..

Malcolm Lee -ok, i know what it looks like..but i swear im not a UCLA fan..

Cory Joseph -May not be ready now, but i see plenty potential in Corey Joseph

knicksfan7
Charles Jenkins. Cam Long and

Charles Jenkins. Cam Long and Jamie Skeen being in the Mock over 2x CAA POY is just a joke. Chad Ford has him going late first round to Chicago, would be a great fit for him.

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
Chris Singleton is a

Chris Singleton is a phenominal defender and his size and athleticism will allow that trade to translate to the next level. His offense has him in the low 20's on most mocks, but I feel his defense will make him a very good player for many years.

JNixon
JNixon's picture
I think Malcolm Lee is

I think Malcolm Lee is underrated. He's a good prospect. Very athletic PG who can play off the ball some, has solid size for a PG, and he would be a good fit in the NBA with his speed and the hand checking. He should be a good PG.

r377
r377's picture
x 2 for singleton.

x 2 for singleton. Excelllent defenders are worth their weight in gold come playoff time.... He will be a great addition for a playoff team...

xbadgerhustler
Malcolm Lee is a no-brainer.

Malcolm Lee is a no-brainer. Just look at Jrue Holiday and Westbrook... UCLA guards are very good defenders and the system at UCLA doesn't showcase their offensive abilities, but when they get to the NBA they develop quickly... I know that just because past UCLA guards have excelled, does not mean Lee will too, but if you've watched him play a handful of times his abilities are obvious. He has the tools. He should be late lottery - mid first, but probably won't go till the late 20s.

If Tyler Honeycutt can get his jumper out to NBA 3-point range with consistency, he's definitely a rotation player, if not a starter. I think he should be a lottery pick.

Brandon Knight- Kid has so much upside. I think his body will fill out and he will be a beast in 2 years. Give him a full year with NBA coaching and his game will be so much more refined. He should be a top 3 pick, but he'll probably last till mid-lotto.

Jordan Hamilton- He has the tools to be a pretty good defender, so if he can go to a team that can emphasize defense, he should be very good. He already has the offensive tools to be a good rotation player. Should be lottery pick, not sure if he'll go that early.

larbear260
Keith Benson

Keith Benson

BothTeamsPlayedHard
BothTeamsPlayedHard's picture
"Malcolm Lee is a no-brainer.

"Malcolm Lee is a no-brainer. Just look at Jrue Holiday and Westbrook... UCLA guards are very good defenders and the system at UCLA doesn't showcase their offensive abilities, but when they get to the NBA they develop quickly... I know that just because past UCLA guards have excelled, does not mean Lee will too, but if you've watched him play a handful of times his abilities are obvious. He has the tools. He should be late lottery - mid first, but probably won't go till the late 20s."

Darren Collison wasn't on UCLA this year thus limiting what Lee's ability to showcase himself. His inability to shoot and run the point is on him, not the system.

"x 2 for singleton. Excelllent defenders are worth their weight in gold come playoff time.... He will be a great addition for a playoff team..."

Awful offensive players who are also foul prone don't help playoff teams. The reason guys like Battier, Marion, and Mbah a Moute are the best at what they do is that they can be in someone's hip pocket without fouling.

iguapops420
iguapops420's picture
For those who think about

For those who think about Shumpert resembling Smush, that's actually not a bad thing. Aside from his cancerous lockerroom attitude, and ability to completely fade during playoffs(or lose his starting job) he was actually a pretty good player. Athletic,theif,finisher, and could an open 3 ball pretty effectively. If Shumpert(or Jackson) could either bring this kind of play with a winnng attitude, the LakeShow would be set at the 1. Shump needs to work on his jumper(pro training does wonders) and cut down on turnovers, but I think he would be a terrific addition. Perhaps a Larry Hughes type, or even Tony Allen with his length,anticipation, and defensive aggressiveness. Wouldn't hurt that he is a PHENOMENAL rebounder for a guard. reminds me of a poor man's Wade. For LAL, GT's decision to take him off ball this year would help him come in and not need the ball in his hands to make things happen(needed for tri if still ran)Definite steal if LAL could pick him up in the second. My guess is tht he ends up in the mid 20's or higher after wourkouts and measurements. People are sleeping on this cat.

Others would be Cory Joseph, Keith Benson, Jeremy Tyler, Tyler Honeycutt, Lucas BEBE, and Corey Fisher.

Fisher is being snubbed more than anybody. he at least deserves a chance. HE's getting snubbed from the combine and such.

iguapops420
iguapops420's picture
Malcolm Lee in ways reminds

Malcolm Lee in ways reminds me of a shorter Michael Cooper. Needs to really learn how to shoot and his decision making is nowhere near what Coop's was, but in right system I think he could be a very good Defensive minded 6th man. Potential starter if he works on said weaknesses above and tighten his handle. I'm personally a fan and actually think he like Shump could go anywhere from the 20's to the 40's.

Julyan Stone is a guy I've been keeping an eye on at the end of the draft. Versatile, Athletic good defender, but absolutely no jumper. Could take a few years bouncing around Europe. But I could see him in the NBA as a decen player. Similar path to Moon and Parker.

BasketballGuru24
BasketballGuru24's picture
Isiah Thomas from washington.

Isiah Thomas from washington.

RSS: Syndicate content