This topic contains 18 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar Cameron 13 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Da1pot
    Participant

In no particular order……
    1. Javale McGee- Will likely be thrust into the starting center role for the Wizards and with John Wall tossing him alley oops(great chemistry in summer league), his ppg should go up, as well as his rpg as his minutes increase. If he can stay out of foul trouble, has the potential to lead the league in blocked shots.

2. Nicolas Batum- Very talented player should see a rapid increase in minutes with the departure of Martell Webster, Travis Outlaw(for a full year) and the possible trading of Rudy Fernandez. Good and long defender with a decent three point shot could play a similiar role to Thabo Sefolosha on the Thunder.

3. Hakim Warrick- Likely Starting for the Suns now that Amare is gone, Warrick is in a system that is built for him in which he will get plenty of open looks. No joke, I could see him averaging close to 15+ppg if he averages starter’s minutes.

4. Terrence Williams- Very versatile and poised for a breakout year in his second season. Should see starters minutes(especially with CDR gone) and have good all-around numbers in only his second season.

5. D.J. Augustin- Another player thrust into a staring role with a departure. He is a pretty decent point guard who can score and distribute at a high rate. He had a bit of a sophomore slump, but now that he will be the starter for the entire season, his number should go up.

6. Dejaun Blair- Will play a lot more minutes in the regular season so they can keep Duncan healthy for the playoffs. Apparantly he has developed a mid range game and it appears to me he could have a Glen Davis type of transformation in his second year.

Other picks: Nick Young, Greg Oden, Jrue Holiday, Mario Chalmers, Andray Blatche, C.J. Miles, Anthony Randolph

I’m sure there are many more candidates… Input???

JNixon
    Participant

Other than those guys, I’d say Roddy Beaubois has a chance to make a big leap in development and production.

He’s a big time scorer and athlete, and I think he can be the next Tony Parker in time. He’s never going to be the best playmaker for other or a high level assist guy, but he can get you 6 or 7 apg and around 20 ppg. I don’t know if he’ll start next year the starter (the answers have been vague to me), but he will likely finish next year as the starter.

Stojakovicfor3
    Participant

Amir Johnson- now with CB4 gone and the Bobcats- Raptors deal dead, he will make a nice starting PF for the Raptors.

Da1pot
    Participant

I agree about Beaubois, the only reason I didn’t put him, was becasue I feel he might not get sufficient minutes to prove himself. But yeah, he’s a pretty decent pick.

Lotto Stud
    Participant

Jerryd Bayless is my sleeper pick

Michael.S.
    Participant

I will go with Hickson. With Shaq most likely gone and Z also that keaves a starting spot open for Hickson and he should get alot of touches since LeBron is gone and all Cleveland basically has left is Mo, and Jamison to create on offense. He wont get those few easy dunks per game though on wide open looks he used to get from LeBron…either way, next year he will get a big opportunity to prove himself.

WizardofOz
      Participant

U still a Cavs fan Jammin-Lemon?

Da1pot
    Participant

Oh yeah, I forgot about J.J. Hickson, too. He will definately have a big opportunity to prove himself..

dmo21
    Participant

I think the Raptors have several guys who could be considered. Already noted, Amir could get lots of minutes and show off his rebounding and defensive skills, but that is if Toronto doesn’t get Chandler. If the Turkoglu trade goes through, i think Sonny Weems can elevate his game as a starting small forward. And the one guy that has the best chance to be in the talk of most improved player on the Raptors is Andrea Bargnani cause no matter what trades go through he will most likely be the number one option and have the offense ran through him, he will play better if he gets to play pf, but i see him upping his numbers in every category. He is a much better player when he is the focus in the offense and gets many touches.

omar dayze
    Participant

bargnani needs to grab a rebound!!!!!
    that said, i actually think hes a better defender than most give him credit for (most give no credit there..). Hes good coming from the helpside and when hes up for it he can go toe to toe with some of the better bigs in the league without getting hammered on. I seem to remember him having a good game or two defending Dwight Howard.

Offensively, his face-up game is on another level and more touches will surely lead to more buckets.

Michael.S.
    Participant

yeah, im just a Miami fan too now.

Russell0Westbrook
    Participant

i feel randolph will win it with more mins and that system my sleeper pick is dorell wright this guy will put up good numbers and play great defense for the warriors the only problem is how many games will he play

dmo21
    Participant

Bargnani is a better defender than most people say, and that is true. He can stay in front of most guys and he got stronger and can bang with the big boys. He is actually pretty good at blocking shots and doesnt take chances. Rebounding, he needs to get more aggressive and get better position, but with him being the #1, i see him gaining confidence in everything this year.

Knicksfan1
    Participant

I think Anthony Randolph will win it cause he’s never was given the minutes in GS, but now he’ll get 30 minutes a night in a system thats perfect for him. He has the potential to average about 15 points with like 8 rebounds a block, steal and 3 pointer per game

festar35festar35
    festar35
    Participant

I think that Eric Gordon, Jrue Holiday and Eric Gordon all have a chance at the award as well.

Raef LaFrentz
    Participant

Call me crazy, but I think that there is a guy in Minnesota who is primed to produce some bigtime numbers.

Michael Beasley.

Now with Jefferson gone, who will the Wolves call on to score? It HAS to be B-Easy. Will they win a greater amount of games than they did last year? Probably not substantially. But I think that Mike will put up some pretty darn good numbers for them this season.

madcab
    Participant

Jeff Teague- should get some serious minutes this year.

And a suprise pick………Hedo in pheonix.
    he will be a big product of their system, combine that with the awful year he had last year, and it wouldn’t be a stretch to pick him right now as the winner.

Godfather
    Participant

Jrue, Beasley, Anthony Randolph, and Any Raptor or Cavalier can be considered a good choice.

Cameron
    Participant

I agree with the Randolph predictions. He would be my early pick for MIP, with Anthony Morrow as my darkhorse (I could see his scoring increasing a lot in NJ)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login