This topic contains 20 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar boxn1 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    andxxx
    Participant

Will the Heat have a Bulls type Dynasty where they just dominate a decade and will it actually be good for the NBA like it was in the 90s (golden age of basketball) or possibly worse?

Thoughts?

llperez

I for one have never thought that having a dominant team is bad for the NBA. I think it is good for the league. Teams are always trying to catch up to whoever is on top and the fans around the country are interested in seeing if each year someone new can do it. But its awfully early to predict if miami will be a dynasty. I can see them in the next 6 years winning about 3 titles and competing for 3 more and just coming up short. But hopefully the lakers get this next 1 or 2 first.

llperez

I for one have never thought that having a dominant team is bad for the NBA. I think it is good for the league. Teams are always trying to catch up to whoever is on top and the fans around the country are interested in seeing if each year someone new can do it. But its awfully early to predict if miami will be a dynasty. I can see them in the next 6 years winning about 3 titles and competing for 3 more and just coming up short. But hopefully the lakers get this next 1 or 2 first.

canesboy6
    Participant

only competition I see is the current Lakers dynasty. They have another year or two like this and then smooth sailing for the Heat. Once they have more success and get some rookies (if they ever have another draft pick) they will get even better role players too. If they are winning titles, people will be lining up to play for the minimum.

canesboy6
    Participant

only competition I see is the current Lakers dynasty. They have another year or two like this and then smooth sailing for the Heat. Once they have more success and get some rookies (if they ever have another draft pick) they will get even better role players too. If they are winning titles, people will be lining up to play for the minimum.

canesboy6
    Participant

canesboy6
    Participant

OhCanada-
    Participant

This will be the most hated basketball team ever. We may critsize them, boo them, and hope against them but any fan of basketball will not be able to keep their eyes off them. You have to respect them for that.

OhCanada-
    Participant

This will be the most hated basketball team ever. We may critsize them, boo them, and hope against them but any fan of basketball will not be able to keep their eyes off them. You have to respect them for that.

mattholdenbrown
    Participant

the heat will be every ones rival and the reason teams that are in title contentian work hard and keep signing players. Thier roster is the standard now for a championship, and as a celtics fan, i hate them

mattholdenbrown
    Participant

the heat will be every ones rival and the reason teams that are in title contentian work hard and keep signing players. Thier roster is the standard now for a championship, and as a celtics fan, i hate them

stanford hoops

i dont agree with the most hated team ever( i still say the badboys have that title locked up) theres nothing to indecate that this will be bad for the nba. history even shows it will be good for the nba just like it has shown to be good in every other sport. im not ready to call them a dynasty by any means right now since they havent won a thing but they have the potential to become one with there three superstars

stanford hoops

i dont agree with the most hated team ever( i still say the badboys have that title locked up) theres nothing to indecate that this will be bad for the nba. history even shows it will be good for the nba just like it has shown to be good in every other sport. im not ready to call them a dynasty by any means right now since they havent won a thing but they have the potential to become one with there three superstars

projectpat310
    Participant

The Heat are good for the NBA. Look at how much people are talking about them for the coming year? The hype is building (good and bad) and that markets the league for everyone. Every Heat game will be sold out even games vs the Nets and Clippers. How is that not a good thing?

As for potential dynasty, yeah they can be but they need a few more pieces. They just need to keep adding one or two more players each year with their MLE and other veterans willing to sign for the minimum.

projectpat310
    Participant

The Heat are good for the NBA. Look at how much people are talking about them for the coming year? The hype is building (good and bad) and that markets the league for everyone. Every Heat game will be sold out even games vs the Nets and Clippers. How is that not a good thing?

As for potential dynasty, yeah they can be but they need a few more pieces. They just need to keep adding one or two more players each year with their MLE and other veterans willing to sign for the minimum.

projectpat310
    Participant

For me the most hated team was the Utah Jazz of the 1990s, or any team Dikembe Mutombo was on… I grew up in Seattle and that memory of Dikemebe laying at the top of the key with the ball over his head after the Sonics blew a 2-0 lead in a 5 game series kills me even today…. And the Jazz? Dirty, whiny players. Stockton and Hornacek were the worst. Flopping and cheating.

projectpat310
    Participant

For me the most hated team was the Utah Jazz of the 1990s, or any team Dikembe Mutombo was on… I grew up in Seattle and that memory of Dikemebe laying at the top of the key with the ball over his head after the Sonics blew a 2-0 lead in a 5 game series kills me even today…. And the Jazz? Dirty, whiny players. Stockton and Hornacek were the worst. Flopping and cheating.

NYCrealdeal
    Participant

for the league
    while the regular season might not be as competitive the playoffs will be real fun to watch

NYCrealdeal
    Participant

for the league
    while the regular season might not be as competitive the playoffs will be real fun to watch

boxn1
    Participant

I dont see it,they need better role players,or should i say consistnt role players. But beyond that i dont think that they will be head and shoulders over the real competitors for titles. Orlando, and L.A aren’t going away over night,and you also have to factor in the effect the new CBA may make player movement. Also up and coming teams will be reaching their title chase years OKC,Portland,Chicago. And the one thing we all have to take into consideration,luck, injuries for them and their opponents. I see them competing for 4-6 years,and i can’t say they are promised any,but they will compete for a goos stretch.

And honestly i don’t think people hate Miami,they hate Lebron. Unless its the cavs,lakers,celtics,and maybe the knicks,they wont be hated,just booed and harassed like every other vistiong team,or cheered if your hometown team sucks

boxn1
    Participant

I dont see it,they need better role players,or should i say consistnt role players. But beyond that i dont think that they will be head and shoulders over the real competitors for titles. Orlando, and L.A aren’t going away over night,and you also have to factor in the effect the new CBA may make player movement. Also up and coming teams will be reaching their title chase years OKC,Portland,Chicago. And the one thing we all have to take into consideration,luck, injuries for them and their opponents. I see them competing for 4-6 years,and i can’t say they are promised any,but they will compete for a goos stretch.

And honestly i don’t think people hate Miami,they hate Lebron. Unless its the cavs,lakers,celtics,and maybe the knicks,they wont be hated,just booed and harassed like every other vistiong team,or cheered if your hometown team sucks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login