Mbunner23 mock 1.0
This is my first mock. Not sure what you all will think. Comment all you want.
1. Los Angelas Clippers - Blake Griffin - The only choice here, will be a stud from day 1.
2. Memphis Grizzlies - Ricky Rubio - Marc Gasol cannot play the 4 so the Grizz will not select Thabeet. This pick may also get traded if Rubio does not want to be in Memphis
3. Oklahoma City Thunder - Hasheem Thabeet - They have a whole at the center position right now. Thabeet will fix that problem.
4. Sacramento Kings - James Harden - Kings already have Martin but I see this pick getting traded on draft night.
5. Washington Wizards - Jordan Hill - Jamison isnt getting any younger. Hill will give them some toughness that they need.
6. Minnesota Timberwolves - Demar DeRozan - DeRozan brings great athleticism to the Wolves. Needs to work on his shooting, but will still get drafted this high.
7. Golden State Warriors - Jonny Flynn - Monta Ellis is better suited for the 2 guard spot. Drafting Flynn allows Ellis to slide over to the 2.
8. New York Knicks - Stephen Curry - It's no secret that the Knicks will select Curry here, as long as he is still available.
9. Toronto Raptors - Tyreke Evans - Raptors need a shooting guard and Evans will start from day 1.
10. Milwaukee Bucks - Brandon Jennings - Milwaukee needs a point guard. Jennings will also bring an excitement and flashy game to Milwaukee.
11. New Jersey Nets - Earl Clark - Clark can play the 3 or 4 spots. Brings great versitility. I like this pick alot for the Nets.
12. Charlotte Bobcats - Gerald Henderson - Raja Bell isnt cutting it at the shooting guard position.
13. Indiana Pacers - James Johnson - Granger plays the 3. Johnson can play the 3 or 4 and brings some toughness to the Pacers.
14. Phoenix Suns - Jrue Holiday - I might be one of the only people on here that think Holiday is going to be a stud in a few years even though he did not put up great numbers at UCLA.
15. Detroit Pistons - BJ Mullens - I was hesitant to put him here but Dumars will go with the High Rish High Reward pick here.
16. Chicago Bulls - Terrance Williams - Bulls need a versitile player who can guard multiple positions. They get exactly that in Williams
17. Philadelphia 76ers - Eric Maynor - If Miller leaves then Maynor should get significant minutes at the start.
18. Minnesota Timberwolves - Jeff Teague - Wolves need a point guard with Foye at the 2. Depth at the point position so they can get one here.
19. Atlanta Hawks - Ty Lawson - Acie Law hasn't been exactly what the Hawks though he would be so they pick Lawson here.
20. Utah Jazz - Wayne Ellingon - Back to back Carolina products here. Ellington will be able to spread the floor for the Jazz.
21. New Orleans Hornets - Dejuan Blair - I believe Blair falls along ways on draft night. Had a hard time finding a team for him.
22. Dallas Mavericks - Patty Mills - Kidd isnt getting any younger, so they pick a point guard here to learn under Kidd for a year.
23. Sacramento Kings - Sam Young - Young will bring great atleticism to Sac town. Could be a very good player.
24. Portland Trailblazers - Omri Casspi - Blazers have enough young talent, so they pick Casspi and bring him over in a few years.
25. Oklahoma City Thunder - Tyler Hansbrough - Added toughness to the Thunder, definately not a high ceiling but could be a solid pro for a long time.
26. Chicago Bulls - Gani Lawal - Lawal will helo Noah and Miller wont be around much longer so they take a power forward with this pick.
27. Memphis Grizzlies - Chase Budinger - Grizz need to certify their bench at the 2 and 3 positions. Budinger can bring them shooting and athleticism and play behind Mayo.
28. Minnesota Timberwolves - Taj Gibson - Tough pick for me here. Had no clue who to go with.
29. Los Angelas Lakers - Toney Douglas - Douglas brings defense and scoring to the Lakers, which they need from the point spot.
30. Cleveland Cavaliers - Dajuan Summers - Summers can back up LeBron for years to come. He also does alot of things for a team.
Again this was my first mock, so dont be to hard on me if I made some silly picks.
he could be gone this offseason. mavs don't have time to teach a pg right now, i think they need someone who can play immediately. i believe blair can go somewhere from 10-16. chicago won't pass up on him, i think he's elton brand 2.0. also, if sac wanted rubio, i think they're better of drafting jordan hill at 4. (not unless you were thinking a 3-team trade). i think lawal goes ahead of hansbrough.
overall, i like your mock. it's well thought of. i like your lottery picks. but i think the pacers are intent on getting a pg.
Thanks.....I couldnt find a team for Blair but now that I think of it Blair would fit the Bulls perfectly.
no problem ;) glad i helped.
My mock isnt too diferent from yours...
I had Griffin, Rubio (trade to Sac), Thabeet, Hill (trade to Mem) and Harden. Now I've changed my mock, because I'm not seeing Rubio going that high. I like him, but NBA doesn't.
You have Tyreke almost as high as me... I dont like his shot... but the way he plays remember me LeBron (I dont like LeBron shot too). You have Holliday 14, I have 13 to Indiana. They need a PG.
Then Mullens to me is almost a lock at Detroit. They need frontcourt! Rasheed is a 4, and McDyess is good from the bench.
We agree with Teague and Hansbrough also.
The differences is that I have James, Daye and Collison in the first round and you have Cassipi, Douglas and Gibson. I really think that Daye has the potential to be a lottery pick... but I rout for him to come back to Gonzaga. Cassipi is 1st round bound too, but Im waiting to see who's going back to school to put him there.
Yea i figure that Daye is going back to school, so thats why I did not put him in my mock. Thanks for the comments tho and I like your mock.
BAD HAWKS PICK
Who do you have the Hawks taking?
I like your picks...but alot of them seem safe...you didnt have any shock picks...thats what makes a mock great.
check my mock out- http://www.nbadraft.net/node/6353
i understand marc gasol probably can't play the four but what i dont understand is why everone is so high on him. he had a very good rookie year but for a team that has no legitimate big men so he would get good minutes. i dont see him doing much better than he did this year and he not athletic at all. thabeet can be alot better than gasol. why cant gasol come off the bench. i mean most people are talking like marc gasol is an all star and he isnt. i like your mock and this rant isnt aimed toward it. i think blair has assured himself a lottery spot and i think philly should look at ty lawson.