Marshall Henderson gets all up in ProudGrandpas face
You want to know why Marshall Henderson is the most polarizing player in the country?
Because he can score 15 points on an off-night, hit the game-winning free throws in a game where Ole Miss can’t hit free throws and move the Rebels to 6-0 in the SEC with a 63-61 win over Auburn on a day where two top five teams and six top 25 teams lost and still manage to get everyone talking about something other than basketball.
After hitting those winning free throws, Henderson did what he does best: he went over to the student section, flashed his jersey at the crowd and let them know who won — just in case they couldn’t figure it out on their own — all while pounding on his own chest.
The moment itself was incredible.
But the GIF?
Jeff Borzello provided a great breakdown of it, so I’m not even going to bother trying to throw my hat into that ring.
But watch this a good 15-20 times and leave us a comment: who is your favorite Auburn student section member? Mine is the Robert Pattinson-looking bro in the grey shirt with the goofy smile.
but I like the bearded old man down on the left. He enjoys it ... And I guess he claps. lol
- Obviously, we kick things off with the older gentleman(ProudGrandpa) standing up in defiance right in front of Henderson. Not sure what he said to Henderson, but that guy wasn't having anymore of the tomfoolery.
- The guy in the white polo is big-time, just smiling the entire time. He loves it.
- Jerry Garcia-looking guy on press row. He's clapping, smiling, really enjoying the scene.
- The crew of double-middle finger guys. They're forever best friends.
- The guy who rips his hat off. He was so heated he just couldn't take it anymore.
- Now we get to the sleepers: To kick things off, check out my man next to Auburn pajamas girl. He's got the creepy sideways grin, like he digs Marshall Henderson's attitude, but can't have his friends find out.
- Speaking of Auburn pajamas girl, she looks out of place. And is also terrified by the flying object to her left.
- What is that flying object? No one really knows. Could be a Fathead, could be a cardboard cutout, could be an umbrella. But the blonde girl reacts like it's a head. A real one.
- White hat fellow. Waving his hands, yelling "Come on, come on, come on!" to Henderson. His flailing hands and sideways shuffle steals the show for a bit.
- The guy right in the middle who emphatically sticks a middle finger at Henderson -- and then tears it right back down. Everything he did was 100 percent.
- The curly-haired kid in the orange shirt. He gives the fingers, claps two times (as if to get loose) -- and then goes back with the fingers.
- Kid in the gray hoodie to the left. It kind of looks like he sneezes as the GIF starts -- but bounces back extraordinarily quickly to join in the ballyhoo.
- What about the girl in the upper right corner? She yells some profanity, and then goes tumbling forward, either getting pushed or falling from the momentum of her yelling.
- And yes, the older, older gentleman in the front row just seems dismayed by the entire scene. And probably this analysis of it.
-- Jeff Borzello
That's incredible. My favorite guy is the black guy on the right with the goofy smile on his face lol. Favorite student though was the one in the white hat, the one tryin to fight him lol
I like Juni Cortez in the striped polo shooting Henderson with his double bird lasers, while mixing in awkward, misplaced hand claps.
I knew Gramps was about that life, but Henderson????
I also like the kid who slides in from the left as if he was on a skateboard. It would've been better if he managed to hover all the way across the screen giving the double bird.
I like when the camera starts to pan out and Justin Bieber slides in to the picture from the left giving a mean double bird. Also like the guy in the white polo, security guard perhaps, who gets a kick out of Marshall's antics. Amazing!
My favorite part is Kenny Rogers sitting on the scorer's table clapping and looking up as a shadow passes by his head.
I like the gingerhead boy all the way on the end who says "get outta here" and points.
I like the lone black guy who's just standing there smilin
I like the girl in the top right in the Auburn pajamas with the "Oh S***!" Face
hahahah Classic thread