Maker Bros...Canada...0 to 100 real Quick!

paradigmn
paradigmn's picture
Maker Bros...Canada...0 to 100 real Quick!

Complete speculation on my part...since this has yet to be reported...but Thon & Matur Maker may be headed to Canada for high school.

Thon just posted this photo of himself & Matur on Instagram...standing in the gym of Athlete Institute...w/ the caption "0 to 100 Real Quick"

Obviously this doesn't neccesarily mean the Maker's are headed North of the border...but the brothers are rumored to be transfering high schools...and this destination is definitely a possibilty.

I know there are mixed emotions about Thon (some people on this site barely think he'll be drafted smh)..but I also know there're a lot of Canadian posters...so you guys can take pride in the fact yet another elite hooper is coming out of Canada...sort of anyways..lol.

Matur is nothing to scoff at either. While he doesn't have the same hype as Thon (and rightfully so)..the kid can definitely ball...as is evident by this quick video

Sudan, Australia, USA, and now Canada (maybe)...like I said before...this is complete speculation on my part...but Athlete Institute does a nice job of developing hoopers ( c/o 2016 standout PG Jamal Murray goes there)...so it might be a nice fit...for the short term anyways. Wishing the brother Maker's the best of luck on their new endeavor's.

he_gets_buckets
Seems like a huge assumption,

Seems like a huge assumption, how at all does this imply he's going to Canada? Since when did tagging a lyric mean you were moving to that musicians country????

adum
adum's picture
They took the picture at a

They took the picture at a canadian highschool loool. That part flew over your head huh?

Id be suprised if this actually ends up happening

paradigmn
paradigmn's picture
Not speculation any more...

Per his guardian Edward Smith...Thon & Matur Maker have left Carlisle School...They are indeed considering the high school in Canada...Athlete Institute...as well as a couple other possible destinations in the States.

Here's an interesting article just published about the possible move & what the roster for Athlete Institute might look like.

kazam
kazam's picture
Athlete Institute is a good

Athlete Institute is a good option at this point for any elite level player. Not 100% sure if he is still there, but Jamal Murray spent this past season in Orangevill at A.I.

kazam
kazam's picture
Apparently Maker is trying to

Apparently Maker is trying to become nationalized as a Canadian Citizen

Costy15
Costy15's picture
My brother was at the gym

My brother was at the gym when they were taking this picture... He overheard them talking about this being his new home and they should upload a picture... this is definitely an accurate source and quite possibly going to happen.

theballerway
theballerway's picture
the Canadian

option seems to be gaining quite a bit of traction and the legal guardian has confirmed it too which is as officiall as it can get Im guessing. My question is does this mean he can enter the draft after highschool graduation. Kind of like Dante Exum, The way I see it its pretty much the same thing. He obviously has a foreign passport. So then where does he go and in which draft? with reclassifying being an option

RSS: Syndicate content