Kevin Durant: NBA Star Gets Engaged To Monica Wright
Kevin Durant, 24, is going from winning NBA scoring titles to starting his own family, as he reportedly asked his WNBA star girlfriend, Monica Wright for her hand in marriage on July 6.
Kevin Durant Gets Engaged To Monica Wright
Monica, also 24, showed off her new bling — a large circular diamond engagement ring — in a picture obtained by Media Takeout, confirming that she and Kevin got engaged.
Kevin reportedly popped the question on the night of July 6, Media Takeout reports.
Kevin Durant & Monica Wright Fall In Love
After being close friends since high school, linked by their successful basketball careers, the couple reportedly took things to the next level months ago. But romance has long been on Kevin’s mind: in 2011 he tweeted, “Or maybe I need a basketball playing girlfriend…hmm lol…monica wright where r u(love and basketball.”
And the feelings of love and admiration clearly go both ways. After Kevin donated $1 million to the tornado relief in Oklahoma, Monica gushed about her man: “He’s got a heart of gold, and anytime (something like) this happens, he’s the first one who wants to help,” Monica told FoxSportsNorth. “He’s a really compassionate guy.”
This is such an adorable love story — from BFFs to an impending wedding. Kevin is clearly a genuine guy who must know what a catch he has in Monica — he didn’t waste any time before popping the question! And can we just say it —their future children are going to beinsane basketball players.
Congrats, Kevin and Monica!
Congrats to KD, have to be happy for him! Plus, his marrying a baller is extra awesome. Something awesome about a girl that is into basketball. Guess that beyond Cynthia (whose reaction to the Thunder's main man getting married should be intriguing), our board really has no such thing.
1. I cried at parts of Thunderstruck when I took my girl to the 1$ theatre to see it...which might give a few reasons to why im single.
2. Cynthia.... Hey boo boo
1) can we have an MMA avatar like your TDE picture, Sir Dunkin?
2) that Asian mom in the sprint commercial who was thirsty for the pipe mad as hell now
3) is Thunderstruck worse than Just Wright (queen latifah helping Common from the injury)
4) If my man doesn't get Cynthia soon, I'm taking you out to a strip club McDunkin and we're going to get reacquainted with Jersey.
The best thing about marrying a girl in the WNBA when you are in the NBA, is she understands the long grind of a basketball season, etc that comes with being a Professional basketball player.
"The best thing about marrying a girl in the WNBA when you are in the NBA" is that you will have super children.
1. IMBOT ill see what I can do that's actually a cover my boy made for a Best of Black Hippy mixtape that's still ip on Datpiff actually. P.S. that Asian mom comment made me bust out laughing
2.Man at this point if after all this hardwork, sweat, tears, and lyrical genius I've put into catching Cynthia's attention still doesnt work ill be down to go to Jerseys club (same crabs different bucket ya feel me?)
3. I feel like marrying a WNBA player puts you that much closer to having a three way...but at the same time it might mean having as much masculinity a 3 way....well one involving 2 women atleast can have.
Here You go man a bigger copy ill see about what I can do about getting a MMA version
The 08-09 time of year was not even close encouraging for the Milwaukee Bucks. Having missing Mo Williams for the Cleveland Cavaliers as well as Michael Redd to be able to injury, Richard Jefferson as well as Ramon Sessions were the one potential shiny spots in the Bucks' collection. milwaukee bucks season tickets