share

Lebron James to Wizards?

Lawrence112
Registered User
Joined: 02/24/2013
Posts: 64
Points: 79
Offline
Lebron James to Wizards?

Will Lebron take his talents to the nations capital this summer?
A line-up of Wall Beal Lebron Nene and some center on the cheap would be better than any other option for Lebron really if he wants to win more championships. Wade and Bosh are good but they don't have that many years left in their primes while Wall and Beal are just coming into there's. Thoughts?


Windy City Assassin
Registered User
Joined: 03/11/2010
Posts: 6659
Points: 5719
Offline
Sounds nice but I want Wall

Sounds nice but I want Wall to build his own legacy from the bottom up. I don't want anyone to come in and discredit what he's trying to accomplish with the group of guys that are already there.

Land of Grant
Land of Grant's picture
Registered User
Joined: 01/25/2014
Posts: 168
Points: 207
Offline
I would hate that if I were

I would hate that if I were Wall, personally. This guy who's been keeping my whole conference from the title for years now wants to come use me and our young talent for another couple championships? This is my team! I'm John Wall! Number 1 pick!

Another thing to consider is Randy Wittman. Is he a guy that anyone in the league would be particularly excited about playing for?

It's a possibility though, and if Grunfeld has any sense he'll go into whatever-it-takes mode to make this happen.

LeBron probably stays with Miami in the end though.

Windy City Assassin
Registered User
Joined: 03/11/2010
Posts: 6659
Points: 5719
Offline
Besides what does it really

Besides what does it really say about LeBron's character and willingness to win by team hopping?

drice4life1753
drice4life1753's picture
Registered User
Joined: 07/02/2008
Posts: 174
Points: 194
Offline
Rings end this convo

So long as he keeps winning championships, he could jump to as many teams as he wants in my opinion...but don't expect that to happen. LeBron has played for 2 teams and people act like he just jumps around the league like crazy. aha....Carmelo has been on 2 teams (possibly a 3rd as well), CP3 has been on 2 teams, DWill has been on 2 teams, OMG Ray Allen has been on 4 F'ING TEAMS IN HIS CAREER...and those are just this generation of players, need I continue? I'm sorry but the LeBron playing for multiple teams seems to be an irrelevant topic to me. Some star players play for 1 team, some play for multiple teams....sure almost none leave after an MVP season, but he still wasn't even the first to do that.

As far as character goes it is relatviely simple. It says he cares about winning and has "win now" mentality. Sounds like a great thing for an athlete to have t ome.

PhillytheKid
Registered User
Joined: 12/17/2013
Posts: 137
Points: -379
Offline
who cares about Lebron's character?

If the man wins this year he is going to stay in Miami and try to 4-peat because its never been done in history.

But other than that who cares about his character. He can do whatever he wants. Anywhere he goes he is the alpha-dog.

I don't think Wall is a budding star. Wall is an athletic player but he's still not a smart player and he's very limited offensively. He's the Blake Griffin of guards. Still rising but Blake Griffin isn't a star by himself. Blake Griffin needs help, so does Wall. Wall ain't no Kobe or Lebron. Wall isn't even Rose. Rose is a much better player than Wall.

Windy City Assassin
Registered User
Joined: 03/11/2010
Posts: 6659
Points: 5719
Offline
"Wall is an athletic player

"Wall is an athletic player but he's still not a smart player and he's very limited offensively. Wall isn't even Rose. Rose is a much better player than Wall."

You are pushing it a bit.

Lawrence112
Registered User
Joined: 02/24/2013
Posts: 64
Points: 79
Offline
Rose isn't even playing brah

Rose isn't even playing brah

omphalos
omphalos's picture
Registered User
Joined: 06/19/2010
Posts: 3259
Points: 4722
Offline
A 4-peat has never been done

A 4-peat has never been done in history? The Celtics won 8 straight championships, is that not "history"?

Also just generally, I think Durant has a better chance of going to Washington than Lebron, and would be a perfect fit.

Hale
Hale's picture
Registered User
Joined: 05/08/2009
Posts: 5956
Points: 12848
Offline
It makes sense roster wise. I

It makes sense roster wise. I just don't see him ever signing with a team like the Wizards. I think he's going to stay in Miami and in my opinion that is a mistake. The talent level on the Heat is going to be on sharp decline soon and I'd like to see LeBron surrounded by a younger, hungrier team.

frogman
Registered User
Joined: 06/07/2011
Posts: 844
Points: 2253
Offline
From a basketball standpoint

From a basketball standpoint it makes sense. However, Lebron cares about his legacy (as he should) and he knows everyone is going to nitpick and slam him for going to a loaded team for a second time. Even though many players have done that before Lebron will get railed for it for some reason. He's either going to stay in Miami (95% chance) or go back to Cleveland (5%)

Jordo
Registered User
Joined: 02/28/2012
Posts: 446
Points: 1481
Offline
C'mon lol. Lebron to

C'mon lol. Lebron to Washington is a fantasy. Realistically Lebron would rather Wall or Beal come to Miami but Washington is not letting there star backcourt go anywhere. You'd have a better chance of seeing KD as a wizard

A Lil English
A Lil English's picture
Registered User
Joined: 02/01/2012
Posts: 422
Points: 720
Offline
KD

Doesn't everyone think Lebron is better with a PG who has a strong outside shot i.e Chalmers, Mo Will, Boobie Gibson???

I believe Durant would be a better fit in Washington with Walls driving and passing ability. Lebron is better with the ball in his hands as is Wall.

Rip255
Registered User
Joined: 11/30/2013
Posts: 505
Points: 777
Offline
Wall

The comments about how "Wall doesn't need LeBron and should build his legacy on his own" are meritorious, but flawed.

I love John Wall, but no team is winning a championship with John Wall as their best player.

Windy City Assassin
Registered User
Joined: 03/11/2010
Posts: 6659
Points: 5719
Offline
"I love John Wall, but no

"I love John Wall, but no team is winning a championship with John Wall as their best player."-Rip255

This will be a very popular sig quote very soon.

Hitster
Hitster's picture
Registered User
Joined: 08/17/2010
Posts: 3703
Points: 2824
Offline
Interesting point but I'd

Interesting point but I'd figure that LeBron will likely stay in Miami or if he did move he'd go to another large market team. The idea of him on the Washington team is interesting though as it would put him with two younger guys in Wall and Beal which would theoretically give the team a much bigger timescale to challenge.

Realistically I see Washington looking to resign Gortat and maybe add another complimentary FA.

RSS: Syndicate content