Kostas Sloukas Is Rated #5 Now At Draftexpress.com In 1990 Rankings

European Baller
Kostas Sloukas Is Rated #5 Now At Draftexpress.com In 1990 Rankings

Like I keep saying here, he is much better than most NCAA players that are listed as being in these mocks.

At start of this year they had him rated at #19 in 1990, then they moved him up to #12 at the middle of the season, and now he is up to #5 ---> http://www.draftexpress.com/rankings/International--90/

So you see, everything I have been saying about him here is true. It is just that these sites don't watch the games and it takes them forever to grasp how good players are. This is why the NBA misses such players because the scouting is so behind.

You see, I am telling the truth here, which is why Sloukas keeps moving up in those rankings.

And I am telling the truth about Nikos Pappas too. Again, the scouts just are not following him.

Bill Walton's Knees
Bill Walton's Knees's picture
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WizKid
WizKid's picture
Nothing good can come from

Nothing good can come from this

Critically Thinking
Critically Thinking's picture
(No subject)

Nbanflguy
Nbanflguy's picture
(No subject)

WTF Are You Doing? [ANIMATED GIF]

pohani komarac
In some points Euroballer is

In some points Euroballer is right on Sloukas. He ia already playing very good basketball for Euroleague FF team, wich is much higher level then any curent NCAA team and for sure at moment there are not many NCAA players that could play at this level. I'm sure he will end up better then some players that will be drafted this draft. Personaly I'm not sure how his game would translate to NBA and his NBA potential, but he is very good prospect and very good player already. Ironic, reminds bit on Diamantidis, Euroballer most hated player :) . Just for sample I see many people here high on Nedovic (even when most never saw him playing), and who knows maybe Nedovic will turn out better player in future, especially he might fit more to NBA, but despite only one year difrence (Nedovic is 91., wich is not that big deal at this point) Sloukas is doctor of basketball for him.

Pappas is big disapointment for me. He was guy with most talent in Greek 90. born generation, not NBA type of talent, but he is not at level he should be now. I expected more from him then jut to be decent contributer in average Greek team in league wich droped quality wise qite a lot in last few years. I hope he moves to some biger club next year and get back on track

Jean_31
Good for you

Good for you

river09
Why..... You are just asking

Why.....

You are just asking for negs... I actually don't know very much about Euro/International players, I'll admit that.. But just throwing out names and saying they're good does absolutely nothing for me..

river09
And I was curious and

And I was curious and looked.. They have Sloukas at #93 in their top 100.. So.. Just to be clear.. They don't think he's better than a vast majority of the players likely to be taken in this year's draft coming from the NCAA... So why did you make this thread...

scott3210
scott3210's picture
I just checked, I was rated

I just checked, I was rated #4 ahead of Sloukas.

RUDEBOY_
RUDEBOY_'s picture
I GAVE Him a Negative Just

I GAVE Him a Negative Just for Mentioning ''''that SITE'' That I Will Never Mention on this Site...

JunkYardDog
JunkYardDog's picture
Sloukas is rated 5... yes BUT

Sloukas is rated 5... yes BUT behind players like radosevic, cantekin, kuzmic and djedovic who are all at best last 2nd round picks.

And all the players after are average/good european players but not nba material.

McDunkin
McDunkin's picture
GTFO

pohani komarac
Sloukas is rated 5... yes BUT

Sloukas is rated 5... yes BUT behind players like radosevic, cantekin, kuzmic and djedovic who are all at best last 2nd round picks.

And all the players after are average/good european players but not nba material.

From all this players Sloukas is better at the moment. Only Djedovic plays close to Sloukas level. Plays very good for Galatasary. Radosevic is one of last players in Armani rotation. Last 2 are not close to any serius level. Cantekin is big scam of menagers and Turkish federation. His real name is Dušan Gavrilović and is originaly Serbian, probably older then 1990. He is not even factor In qite weak Serbian league. Playing in Misko Raznatovic (one of most powerfull menagers) team Mega Vizura who have some nice prospects like Vasilje Micic and loaned Dejan Musli (Caja Laboral) and Nenad Miljenovic (Partizan). Kuzmic can't break in Unicaja rotation, whille he is just average in Spanish 2nd legue. On the other hand Sloukas is regular player in one of top teams in Europe

With all respect to this draft sites scouts lot of euro prospects are scouted barley without watching this players more then one-two junior games. I'll take sample of two of my Croatians wich I had chance to see over 100 times. Bouth Zubcic and Radosevic have some strange scouting. I read here Radosevic is unuthletic and has high bb IQ. While in reality only thing Radosevic has is very good athletic ability, but he is very limited with BBIQ and skills. Zubcic is even more stupid then Radosevic and jet he is scouted as player with high BBIQ, but in reality he is perfect sample of stupid basketball player who is playing basketball only becuse he is tall and has good physical abilitys

Sloukas might not be NBA material, but Euroballer is right on him. He is much better then lot of players ranked over him

JunkYardDog
JunkYardDog's picture
of course the us scouts miss

of course the us scouts miss some euro players or misjudge some others (overrating tskitishvili, korolev, podkolzin, weis and others.... and underrating ginobili, parker, scola, radja and others)

FOR THE SAME REASONS (misunderstanding another culture, another way of playing bball, lazyness, too far away...) european scouts underrate some us players (McIntyre, keith jennings, chuck eidson all began in average french teams) and overrate others (hilton armstrong, curtis borchardt, khalid reeves were all busts among others in france whereas some background)

pohani komarac
yes, euro scouts make

yes, euro scouts make mistake. Imo, reson why big Euro clubs don't bring NCAA players stright from NCAA is becuse usually all this guys have problems year or two with playing Euro basketball. Usually they all at sturt chuck and hog ball, playing way to much 1 on 1 , shoot bad shots and create carles turnovers, while most coaches in europe don't tolerate that type of game. And euro big clubs are not iterested in developing players, rarly they give chance to local kids, not to metnion foreginers. They just buy brekout players nad other stars. Let's say that Lakers or Miami now send few milion $ for Irving and Cousins to Cavs and Kings.

JunkYardDog
JunkYardDog's picture
exactly... and there is no

exactly... and there is no draft process and contracts are shorter, smaller.

so it ain't the same issue when a team misjudges a player.

RSS: Syndicate content