This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar OhCanada- 8 years ago.

• Author
    joe2324
    Participant

We know the knicks have no draft picks in 2016 so it is what it is at this point; however, looking ahead, i’m torn on how they should approach next season. On one hand, the 2017 looks pretty deep, better than the 2016 draft so tanking would be good idea but that doesn’t always guarantee success. On the other hand, do they push for top free agents? If they can land Durant, I would say go for it, but if not i’m afraid they’ll get caught in the same trap as 2010 where they overpay for damaged goods such as Amare. I would say if you can land Durant and pair him with KP and Melo thats a huge win, but i’m not reaching for anyone else. I’d rather let the season play out and see where we land in the 2017 draft. Any thoughts…. 

TheWhiteLion
    Participant

Remember when lebron  wanted a team with wade melo paul and himself i think i can see that happening this offseason or th next one. Idk where it would happen but im thinking the clippers or miami being good destinations. So i see the knicks trading melo to actually get some draft picks and maybe a guy like gerald green or chris bosh going to the knicks and then the knicks can actually rebuild correctly around porzingis

TheWhiteLion
    Participant

Remember when lebron  wanted a team with wade melo paul and himself i think i can see that happening this offseason or th next one. Idk where it would happen but im thinking the clippers or miami being good destinations. So i see the knicks trading melo to actually get some draft picks and maybe a guy like gerald green or chris bosh going to the knicks and then the knicks can actually rebuild correctly around porzingis

TheWhiteLion
    Participant

Or if it happens in la i can see deandre or mayb blake come to the knicks with a pick or two

TheWhiteLion
    Participant

Or if it happens in la i can see deandre or mayb blake come to the knicks with a pick or two

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

First thing they have to do is get rid of Carmelo. Doesn’t really matter how they do it just ship him out. Then, go hard after Durant and Conley.

PrecociousNeophyte
    Participant

First thing they have to do is get rid of Carmelo. Doesn’t really matter how they do it just ship him out. Then, go hard after Durant and Conley.

negguary
      Participant

SO I’m Durant and I want a legitimate shot at a chip, so ill leave okc and westbrook( top three to five player) ibaka a pretty deep team oh and 200 million potential dollars to play with Mike conley and Porzingus??? IDK if that sounds right man. And if it doesn’t sound right to me it won’t sound right to the paid professionals on the knicks.

negguary
      Participant

SO I’m Durant and I want a legitimate shot at a chip, so ill leave okc and westbrook( top three to five player) ibaka a pretty deep team oh and 200 million potential dollars to play with Mike conley and Porzingus??? IDK if that sounds right man. And if it doesn’t sound right to me it won’t sound right to the paid professionals on the knicks.

PrecociousNeophyte
        Participant

It’s a longshot, but worth it to try if you are the Knicks since they do not have any picks.

PrecociousNeophyte
        Participant

It’s a longshot, but worth it to try if you are the Knicks since they do not have any picks.

mamadou
    Participant

Irving in the melo deal…

Go get SG./SF ala Gordon/Turner/Bazemore/Barnes/Parsons.

mamadou
    Participant

Irving in the melo deal…

Go get SG./SF ala Gordon/Turner/Bazemore/Barnes/Parsons.

32tn32
    Participant

Knicks will overpay for drose lol.  I can also see them giving Harrison Barnes a fat contract

32tn32
    Participant

Knicks will overpay for drose lol.  I can also see them giving Harrison Barnes a fat contract

Hitster
    Participant

The Knicks won’t have a huge amount of cap room to make a major FA bid this summer, maybe about $13 million aprox. A lot will depend on what Derrick Williams and Afflalo do with their player options. Williams has got into rotation and I think he’ll opt in on $4,6 million for next year and look to get good minutes to try and get more offers in 2017.

Afflalo is harder to figure out, he is 30 now so might try to get one more good deal but would also probably want to look to get on a contender, a lot would depend on what his market value might be, If he could get anything like his current deal over a longer period I think he’d happily take it. But if his value wasn’t considered great I think he’ll opt in on $8 million and then look to hop onto a contender in 2017.

The Knicks after this year own all their picks I think which always sounds strange so they may look to continue to rebuild via the draft. But whilst Porz and co develop, Melo won’t be getting any younger so it’s a delicate balancing act.

I think the team needs more bench depth and a PG, maybe they can do one not both this summer.The Knicks have no picks at all in this year’s draft but I think they will look to buy in a pick or two prabably in the 2nd round if they like the look of anyone.

Hitster
    Participant

The Knicks won’t have a huge amount of cap room to make a major FA bid this summer, maybe about $13 million aprox. A lot will depend on what Derrick Williams and Afflalo do with their player options. Williams has got into rotation and I think he’ll opt in on $4,6 million for next year and look to get good minutes to try and get more offers in 2017.

Afflalo is harder to figure out, he is 30 now so might try to get one more good deal but would also probably want to look to get on a contender, a lot would depend on what his market value might be, If he could get anything like his current deal over a longer period I think he’d happily take it. But if his value wasn’t considered great I think he’ll opt in on $8 million and then look to hop onto a contender in 2017.

The Knicks after this year own all their picks I think which always sounds strange so they may look to continue to rebuild via the draft. But whilst Porz and co develop, Melo won’t be getting any younger so it’s a delicate balancing act.

I think the team needs more bench depth and a PG, maybe they can do one not both this summer.The Knicks have no picks at all in this year’s draft but I think they will look to buy in a pick or two prabably in the 2nd round if they like the look of anyone.

OhCanada-
    Participant

A Melo trade should be in the works. Lebron is a free agent. Anything can happen this off season.

OhCanada-
    Participant

A Melo trade should be in the works. Lebron is a free agent. Anything can happen this off season.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login