This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar khoss76 6 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    BallerScript
    Participant

If I’m not mistaken, the 2020 NBA Draft will hold 3 very interesting international guards…

LaMelo Ball playing in Lithuania

Killian Hayes from France

And myself…

Ego aside, this should make up for a very interesting storyline to follow in the next couple years leading up to the 2020 NBA Draft

Both Killian Hayes and LaMelo Ball are tall (6’5-6’6) point guards from basketball families playing pro basketball internationally

All of us have a fair idea of LaMelo Ball’s playstyle and skill set but as this stage Killian Hayes is an unknown commodity.

I’d love to start the discussion on this potential rivalry early as this could be a fun discussion for years to come

SlickBouncePass
    Participant

in a couple years on this one bro. 

Those ball boys are out of sight out of mind.  

GBee
    Participant

Killian Hayes is one of the best prospects in the world at his age group.  IMO, he’s a 3 ball away from being a top 2 overall in his "class."  He already shoots FTs at a 82% and his from is solid, so the potential to develop that is there.  Besides the outside jumper, he’s extremely well-rounded, athletic and skilled.  It’s easy to see a Manu comparison because of their left-handedness, combined with slashing and playmaking ability, but Hayes could be a better athlete with a stronger frame (I didn’t even know who Manu was when he was Killian’s age.)  He’s electric in the open floor, has a nice handle, has crafty footwork, is a good playmaker…and he’s a true ball hawk on defense, which is a rarity to see at that age. As a defender he’s both solid and a playmaker on that end, getting a bunch of steals per game.  All that being said, how great he can become will be dependent on that 3pt shot.  I hope that comes for him though because I love the rest of his game.

As for LaMelo, the only thing he does better than Hayes is shoot from deep, and he’s a more willing than good shooter.  I don’t really see what makes him a PG though. I think there’s a good chance he outgrows that position (he looks like he’s still growing) and eventually becomes more of a SG. He doesn’t run an offense well, his decision making is terrible and I have doubts about his ability to defend the position as well.  I’m not gonna be one of those guys who completely dismisses Melo being an NBA prospect out of spite, but I think he and Hayes are tiers apart. 

khoss76
    Participant

is a future star. 

He had his first pro game in French pro A with Cholet, which produced Gobert, Seraphin, Beaubois or top Euroleague player Nando de Colo, which is a very good level with 4 American players by team. 

He’s an electric combo, who can slash and dish the ball. He’s already dominating the French u21 championship at age 16 with 16pts 7as and 3steals on 46% shooting (33% from three). He has to work on cutting his turnovers as he loses the ball more than 5 times a game. He also has room to develop physically and barring injuries, should be a top 5 prospect for the draft when he enters.

Lamelo is a better shooter but still has to understand what he means to be a pro player as he still avoids to defend too much and takes shots he would not be able to take in better teams, yet it will be cool to see how these two develop in the future.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login