This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar The8thDeadlySin 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    ProScout
    Participant

Kev Jones is Looking super athletic and also Looking like a Beast right Now. Here look and give your own opinion 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtERugsSNX8&feature=colike

TRC1991
    Participant

impressive ball-handling, he didn’t really show that much at WVU

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

I am a huge WVU fan but lets get real.. He doesnt look super athletic at all..

He reminds me of Patrick Patterson.. Same body type and skill set.. Should have a nice NBA career if he lands with the right team.

(Praying for the Spurs to take him)

ProScout
    Participant

CMon give him his due respect athletically.The kid is catching ally hoops from out of bounds and almost hitting his head on the rim, then pulling his trainer the full lenght of the court and dunking it with ease…… dont be a prisioner of rushed past public opinion because from what I saw on that video was definately impressive athletically, especially for someone that has been knocked for having limited athletic ability. I’m truly immpresed                                                                           

TheDagger40
    Participant

He looks like he’s trying to become a SF………it could happen if he keeps up the good work

iguapops420
    Participant

Pretty much looks like the same KJ I’ve seen for 3 years at WVU. Pretty average athletically, even sub-par in some areas. How good of a jumper he shows will be key for him IMO. If he is able to show scouts a consistent deep ball (which he struggled to do in Morgantown), a team like OKC may very well see him fit in the late first as a stretch 4 who can play a role similar to what Haslem has for Miami over the years. It seemed Sunday that OKC wanted to go small so as to stretch the floor by putting KD at the 4 but he just isn’t natrual there. KJ would play quite nicely in that role playing behind Ibaka in a role similar to what Jeff Green used to do and what Vladimir Radmanovic once did beside of Rashard Lewis in Seattle.

river09
    Participant

Doesn’t really get off the floor very much when he elevates but that said his savvy style of offense and defense doesn’t rely on it… I like his game a lot. Reminds me of Al Harrington with better quickness and handles.

iguapops420
    Participant

He’s not as skilled as a young Al Harrington. Young Al was a terrific scorer from midrange and had a decent back to the basket game. As Al developed a deep ball, he no longer wanted to play inside and fell in love with the perimeter. Remember, this is the same guy who Marvin Williams JR was compared to that got him drafted ahead of CP3 and D-Will. I actually miss young Al the 6th MOY from the Pacers and 17 and 7 player from the Hawks.

ProScout
    Participant

Just because he doesnt jump like Dwight Howard or Josh Smith does not make him un athletic here are hi most recent combine numbers vertical no Step= 30inch, one step =34inch baseline 3/4 sprint 3.18, box lane agility 9.18……FYI better numbers than Derrick Williams and Khawai Leonard last year and no one would consider them un athletic

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

Please show me where he almost hits his head on the rim.. Please?

The guy is 6’8 with a huge wing span.. He barely gets his hands above the rim much less his head.. Get real man.. Its one thing to be a fan but its another thing to be blinded by it..

I love your passion for the Eers but you are blinded by the blue and gold..  Jones is not an elite athlete.  Its that simple.. In a league where 35 inch verts are the norm, Jones is average..

ProScout
    Participant

And i believe that you are just being blinded by your biased past judgement Based off wat opinions you already decided because you still have yet to address his combine numbers from the last post or how it compares to others that are considered great athletes. Question 2. Since when does your vert alone decide how athletic you are because if thats your only case, then hocky, tennis and soccer players must be the most un athletic athletes ever….(insert sarcasm here at anytime)…..point made!

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

What point are you making?? He never almost hit his head… Ever.. Jones isnt a great athlete.. Maybe compared to you or me, he is a good athlete but not compared to NBA players..

The only point you have made is that you are looking at everything from a biased standpoint.. I am a huge Mountaineer fan and have been since I was born.. I bleed the blue and gold but I can see things for what they really are..

I think KJ is a decent athlete but he will struggle to guard the average 3 in the league because of his quickness. He will be just fine guarding 4s though because he is very strong and has a huge wing span.. I have watched every game KJ has played with at WVU and I can tell you that he isnt a great athlete.. He has great timing and positioning for rebounds.  He plays a very smart game on the offensive end. And he is a crazy hard worker.. He is not an athlete and I dont think that matters much..

Guys like Paul Milsap and Kevin Love have shown the world that you dont have to be super tall or athletic to be successful in the league..

KJ is going to just fine but he isnt an above average athlete…

The8thDeadlySin
    Participant

32 inch max vert?  Super athletic….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login