This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar gregoden08 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    valentine

fiRst Austin rivers is a beast. Handles are nice. Good athlete, unlimited range. And can score by creating or off picks

I had never watched Quincy miller play before but with a name like Quincy I knew he had to be good and I was right. Smooth game nice jumper with some range. Handles. And a couple post moves. Eventually will be a three like Terrence jones

b beal-never even heard of him but I know now. Plays for the younger team. He has range. Pure scorer that can get his shot off at will

Quinn- from Maryland so of course he’s good. Rather pass than score but can score. Very very good court vision

j macadoo- man he has moves and high basketball iq and a nice touch around the basket

wroton-very good handles and great vision. Reminds me of a cross between lance Stephenson and t Evans

M gilchrist-very nice all around game. Good rebounder,passer,midrange. He’s not the number one player in hs IMO

m teauge-very good passer and can score. Very fast minny iverson

There were others who were pretty good but I ran out of time to type

JNixon
    Participant

How did Vander Blue look? I’ve seen him play and he’s very athletic. Going to Marquette next year

gregoden08
    Participant

I personally think he if the number 1 prospect in his class…He isn’t the scorer of past number 1 HS players, but he is a freak athlete who can rebound. He is an AMAZING defender and has a very good mid range game. Kind of reminds me of Luol Deng with a little more star power to his game.

Wroten has kind of fallen off the map because of his ACL tear from football, but he is a special talent. He has some attitude issues at times, but he has amazing court vision and is a solid scorer. He really needs to work on his jumper. He reminds me of Rodney Stuckey with better court vision.

Beal is just an amazing scorer like you said. More efficient than Rivers.

James Mcadoo is just a straight up beast. High b-ball IQ with good all around skills.

stanford hoops

gilchrist has definatly not played like the number one player and to me if you are the number one player then theres not really a question. you dominate just about everytime.. he may have the most upside but hes clearly not the best player right now

vander blue wasnt that bad. he should be a all conference player at marq by his jr year

gregoden08
    Participant

Well he dominates defensively. And you have to understand, he doesn’t need to dominate…It’s obviously more of a team concept now. You are right about his upside though. It is ridicolous.

gregoden08
    Participant

23 points and 11 boards. Just saying…

stanford hoops

hes looked alright on defense but other have looked better he doesnt even start.. can you say lebron,harrison,howard, or any of the past number one ranked players wouldnt start on the us under 17 team?..the under 18 team didnt even pick him up after tryouts/workouts..they did pick up quincy miller and austin rivers who i think are the top 2 players this year.

right now hes a product of being ranked number one in his class the last 2 years and getting better but other have also gotten more better during the past 2 years

stanford hoops

to be honest he plays alot like jason capel(who i played against and worked out with in hs) when he was in hs except worst handles

stanford hoops

are you gonna put up favors other game stats?

gregoden08
    Participant

Nope…I’m not. Just saying he had a good game. And, I disagree about you saying he’s the product of being the number 1 player. He EARNED that because of his all around game. And the U18 doesn’t matter because it’s all about positions. There was no need for Micheal on that team. Why he didn’t start, I don’t know, but he is the best player/prospect on that team.

stanford hoops

yeah he earned it as a soph and jr but hes not the best player in his class now..austin rivers and miller is better. and they have proven it earlier int he summer and now. and im not the only one questioning him being number one.. matter of fact some have already dropped him for the number one ranking. when you are number one you leave very lil doubt. and if youre number one you dont get left off a team because theres lil need for you. john wall wouldnt get left off because they already have pg. same for bron or all the other former number one ranked players. by the end of the summer he wont be ranked number one im 100percent sure of that

gregoden08
    Participant

I’ve heard that to. Whether he drops or not, he is still the best prospect IMO. Let’s not forget he’s 16 years old. The biggest thing for him is changing the hitch in his shot.

stanford hoops

i think hes ONE of the best prospects actually. i have q miller up there wit him. also hes only months younger then most in his class so that doesnt factor in at all. his handles are a lil shakey for a sf as well and he doesnt seem to have that ” im the best playe ron the floor everytime i play” mentality

gregoden08
    Participant

I wasn’t using the age thing to say he’s a prospect…Was just saying he’s 16 years old lol. And yeah, he doesn’t have that type of “im the best” mentality. Agreed. I think he can be a second option type of player who rebounds at a high rate and is a lock down defender. He will never be a 25ppg type of guy.

gregoden08
    Participant

What do you think of his upside? Who does he remind you of?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login