This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar paradigmn 12 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    paradigmn
    Participant

Thought it would be interesting to post JONAS VALANCIUNAS stats from his 2010-2011 season in the Lithuanian Basketball League…The Lithuanian Basketball League is considered by many to be the 10th best basketball league in the world(not sure where the NCAA would be ranked) .  Here’s his stats…http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?Cntry=Lithuania&Team=683&Page=3…not to bad considering he’s 18…he did a nice job on the boards with averages of 8 a game in 20 minutes as well as blocking 2 shots and scoring 12pts on 68% shooting…I’m fairly certain he will be a lottery pick but as far as living up to his potential, only time will tell…on a side note, look whos running the point for this team…KHALID EL-AMIN…the starting PG for the 1999 ncaa chaampion UCONN HUSKIES…I’m from  CT…so it was a nice suprise to see his TUBBY AZZ still playing…LOL

Varnishkis
    Participant

TBH when Khalid was running the plays Valanciunas did not score that much as Khalid isn’t great passer on pick an roll he likes to finish it himself. However, when Rytas was joined by one of the greatest European passers Sarunas Jasikevicius on the second half of the season out of total 53 pick and rolls that he and Jasikevicius run 42 finished either with points of fouls given. Im telling you Valanciunas is going to become so far the best Lithuanian player to play in NBA (there been Sabonis, Big Z, Kleiza, Songaila, Jasikevicius and some bench warmers).

As for Khalid he was unnoticed playing in Ukrainian League for the last 4 seasons and when Rytas found him this year I was really glad. He became on of the biggest sensation this year in Euroleague hitting game winning shots one after another. He killed Ricky Rubio when Rytas played Barcellona. Unlucky for him he had season (some speculate career) ending knee injury…

paradigmn
    Participant

KAHILD was drafted in the 2nd rd of the 2000 draft by the bulls…never even made it outta training camp…LOL You seen to know allot about foreign basketball…with your screenname I take it you are not from the US…if thats the case and you follow  euro-league basketball very closely…I’m interested on your take in accessing JAN VESELY’s game…heres his stats from the 2010-2011 serbian league…http://www.eurobasket.com/team.asp?Cntry=Serbia&Team=170&Page=3…I really like his game…very athletic…just not sure if he’ll play the 3 or 4…any way you cut it…I love the upside for this kid…hopefully he can live up to his lofty expectations.

Varnishkis
      Participant

I am originally from Lithuania and pay a lot of attention to European basketball.

What relates to Vesely I cannot see him beeing even a role player in NBA until he sorts out his offence. The guy is barelly 50% from free throw line not even a talking about 3pts… He’s got one of the most ackward shotting technique in the whole Europe. The all hype about him is that he is probably the most athletic white guy in Euroleague and his dunks are nice to watch but thats about it. Very weak deffending stronger PFs too slow on faster SFs… You make your own mind now as this is just my personal opinion

paradigmn
    Participant

Appreciate your input…but I dont have to make my mind up…because I’m not a GM…lol…you certainly know his game better than me…so I def respect your opinion….If you have time, maybe you can give your opinions on some other TOP euro players in the draft as well as some players that maybe people in the US dont know about….thanx.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login