Jonas Valanciunas is the 2013 Las Vegas Summer League MVP

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
Jonas Valanciunas is the 2013 Las Vegas Summer League MVP

I've been a pretty big on Jonas Valanciunas game, and I'm happy he backed it up in SL.

T-Dot-Baller
T-Dot-Baller's picture
Real happy for Jonas

Made an article recently about why Jonas has been the best player in Vegas thus far and right on queue he's been named sl mvp. All i have to say for Jonas is hard work pays off and im looking forward to watching him next season

Greek Baller
a

great EUROPEAN baller.

Cavaliers420
Cavaliers420's picture
Kid is starting to get huge

Kid is starting to get huge man, he is going to be a force soon enough. I like the pick by Toronto getting him.

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
The thing I always liked

The thing I always liked about him is he never did shy away from contact when he got into the league. He is a hard nose player that plays defense and has skills offensively.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
Tongue-Out-Like-23's picture
Wow, this guy got BIG during

Wow, this guy got BIG during the post-season and added a few moves as well. Anybody think he can be somewhat like Marc Gasol at this pace? He's obviously not the passer that Gasol is but he seems to be building towards everything else.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
Tongue-Out-Like-23's picture
during the offseason*

during the offseason*

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
I think at best he'll be a

I think at best he'll be a tougher Brook Lopez that plays D.

Throwback Mike
Throwback Mike's picture
So he'll be the best center

So he'll be the best center in the league? That sounds pretty good to me.

M.Garvey
M.Garvey's picture
Cavs will regret picking

Cavs will regret picking Thompson over him. This isnt 20/20 vision, I thought Thompson didnt have enough offensive upside to be 4th, not that he'll be a bust, he's a future double double guy.

doubledribbler
Cavs

I thought the same thing on draft day. They drafted Kyrie, then I was thinking there is a center with some skill and upside that they should have picked up. I don't think Thompson is a bad player, he is still improving, but I think he is easily replaceable. There is no reason they should not be sitting with a core of Irving, Barnes, Val, whatever they should have already gotten in a trade for Varejo and looking forward to maybe one last year in the lottery for the Wiggins, Parker sweepstakes. Maybe Lebron doesn't even consider Cleveland, but that potential would surely force him into a hard decision. It is easy to say hindsight is 20/20, but some of the Cavs moves seem so obvious, but they are the only ones that do not realize it.

Same thing that was going on during the Lebron era. The one year they had money they spent it on Larry Hughes. They bypassed trading guys like Szerbiak and Hickson when it would have easily made them a better team. I feel for the Cavs fans...

benny15
in their defense, Larry

in their defense, Larry Hughes was their third target to fill their need for a shooting guard that year. first they tried to bring Michael Redd back to Ohio but milwaukee resigned him to a hefty contract after being one year removed from the All-Star game and then Joe Johnson was signed by Altanta to a Max offer sheet despite being the 4th man in the peking order in Phoenix.

and although Larry Hughes proved to be not a good fit, they signed an NBA All-Defensive 1st team player who had almost 3 steals per game while posting nearly a 20-5-5 season, missed it .3 of an assist. larry was a hell of a player and thinking of the defensive potential of these two was like envisioning both lebron and wade on D. on offense was pretty much how it was with their there first year together as well. a lot of your turn my turn with the basketball and not a whole lot of set plays by feeding of each other. they would connect on occasion, but had very similar attributes on offense. maybe if they had a better offensive coordinator in mike brown's staff who knows how james and hughes would have developed.

chrispaulwall
chrispaulwall's picture
i agree. theyve butchered

i agree. theyve butchered these picks these past few years sans kyrie. irving mclemore barnes varajao val is sooo much better than what their core is now. waiters and thompson arent bad players, and we still dont know about bennet/mclemore. but just based on potential they really goofed

madcab
Trade looks even better now

He is making Toronto look even better for dumping Bargnani on the knicks.

Taylor Gang Mike
Taylor Gang Mike's picture
He's gonna be good

He's gonna be good

PHILA9
PHILA9's picture
A big man that can shoot 88%

A big man that can shoot 88% from the free throw line is HUGE! summer league or not the free throw line does not change!

Brew Meister Smith
Brew Meister Smith's picture
I usually would not read too

I usually would not read too much into Summer League success, but in Jonas' case he looked like Summer League was a little beneath him - which is a very good sign for Toronto. And even though it was evident he was better than pretty much everyone else out there, he was still working his tail off - another great sign for TO.

Too bad you couldn't say the same for T Ross.

ph90702
He'll be too expensive for

He'll be too expensive for Toronto in a few years. Either that, or he'll want out of there.

torontoraptors10
Uhhhhhhhh.... no.

Uhhhhhhhh.... no.

Brew Meister Smith
Brew Meister Smith's picture
Not sure what you mean by too

Not sure what you mean by too expensive. Maple Leaf Sports is loaded. They will also have tons of cap space by the time his contract comes up for renewal.

Also don't see why he would want out or why that would even matter.

RSS: Syndicate content