If the 2010 draft were redrafted..

carnations
If the 2010 draft were redrafted..

that is, if all players eligible for the 2010 draft were put in a pool today and redrafted following the same draft order as the original draft....where would jeremy lin go? How would the lottery/first round go?

hoopscop
1. John Wall 2. Greg

1. John Wall

2. Greg Monroe

3. Derrick Favors

4. Paul George

5. Demarcus Cousins

6. Evan Turner

7. Pattrick Patterson

8. Jeremy Lin

9. Eric Bledsoe

10. Trevor Booker

Really the worst draft since 2000. Good luck the projections for 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 are very good to great.

lalaila
lalaila's picture
John Wall with out a doubt

John Wall with out a doubt sooner or later will be franchise player..Monroe and Cousins can be multiple allstars too..Favors and George can be bordeline allstars..and there always are guys who improves in their 3rd 4th years so what more you want? the worst since 2000?c'mon

hoopscop
Okay, then which class is

Okay, then which class is worse than this, the next is 2006 and this class has Alridge, Roy, Gay, Rondo ans Bargagni. Even if Wall, Monroe, Cousins, Favors and George fulfill their ceilings (a big if), 2006 is and will be better. All the other classes, it is not a contest. So I stand with it, 2010 will be the worst draft since 2000.

drk3351
drk3351's picture
A huge mistake was taken in

A huge mistake was taken in this draft when the Warriors took Udoh over Monroe. think of a lineup of curry, ellis. wright, lee, and monroe. Add a couple veterans an thats a team in the mix in the weak west.

providencefriars1
providencefriars1's picture
I'll give it a shot 1 John

I'll give it a shot

1 John Wall

2 Greg Monroe

3 Demarcus Cousins

4 Derrick Favors

5 Paul George

6 Evan Turner

7 Jordan Crawford

8 Patrick Patterson

9 Ed Davis

10 Gordon Hayward

11 Trevor Booker

12 Eric Bledoe

13 Landry Fields

14 Jeremy Lin- Im a little weary of his breakout but to score 38 in a game you have to be doing something right so ill give him the nod over Al Farouq Aminu.

IndianaBasketball
IndianaBasketball's picture
I don't think Evan Turner

I don't think Evan Turner drops out of the top five... Unlike like majority of rookies picked in the loterry, he was drafted to a playoff team with a similar player in front of him at his position. He's not playing on a team that's playing for nothing, so his leash isn't as long.

I'd take Turner right after Wall and Monroe.

BasketBalAllan
BasketBalAllan's picture
1. John Wall 2. Greg

1. John Wall

2. Greg Monroe

3. Demarcus Cousins

4. Evan Turner

5. Derrick Favors

6. Paul George

7. Gordon Hayward

8. Ed Davis

9. Patrick Patterson

10. Jordan Crawford

14. Jeremy Lin

river09
Okay lets give Lin some time

Okay lets give Lin some time before we all marry him... I have been impressed with him so far too but don't jump so far to label him a complete success already... Give it atleast a couple more weeks... Personally I'll give it to the end of the season. One season doesn't do it for me. Let alone one week..

Knicksboy42
Lin doesn't go in the top 10.

Lin doesn't go in the top 10.

1. John Wall
  2. DeMarcus Cousins
  3. Greg Monroe
  4. Paul George
  5. Derrick Favors
  6. Landry Fields
  7. Epke Udoh
  8. Gordon Hayward
  9. Wesley Johnson
  10. Patrick Patterson

Lin probably goes 18, 19, or 20.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
In another full year, this

In another full year, this draft could look more promising. Cousins, Monroe, George,Turner,Fields,and Jeremy Lin to some extent have shown they will be top notch players. Favors, Patterson,Crawford, Davis,Bradley,Vasquez have shown flashes. There are probably going to be more players that we have not reallyed talked about that will also show

Wall -- could develop into a top 5 point guard when he matures and gets help

Monroe--Solid 20 10 guy with great passing skills

Cousins--Solid big man with maturity issues but could mature late like Zach Randolph

George--Swingman who can score defend and has excellent size

Turner--would be starting on most teams and has shown he is versatile

Favor--F/C who is raw but could wind up being the best player in this draft because big men with his athleticism do not come along every year

Fields--is a solid steady player who continues to get better

Lin-- a surprise but is in the right system to develop and is smart enough to get the most out of his talents

Patterson-- has looked good when he gets minutes so if Houston makes a trade it could open enough playing time for us to gauge he true potential

Eric Bledsoe--before he got hurt, he looked like the future of the Clippers showing he can score and pass pretty well

Ed Davis--has looked good in spurts but plays for a Raptors team that seems to lack chemistry or direction

Jordan Crawford--inconsistent combo guard who can light it up when hot and can get to rim when needed

Gordan Hayward--I am not high on him but he shoots well and Utah will allow him to develop so he will probably be a solid 6th man off the bench; good passing skills

Wesley Johnson-- a bench player who starts out of position at sg when he is a small forward; too passive right now but that could change

Larry Sanders-- looked good his rookie year but gets little time on court right now

Kevin Sarphin--Look out for this guy when gets more experience

Henry--has not played so the jury is still out on him but could blossum if he ever is fully healthy

James Anderson-- looked good rookie year until he got hurt and now is very low on the depth chart

Avery Bradley-- can defend his rear off so now he has to learn how to run a team because his defense will keep him around

Ebanks--will continue to suck for the lakers are be subpar but will probably go to another team and ball it up

Aminu-- that talent is there but will he ever put it together

Pointdexter-- has looked good off the bench in Memphis; Sam Young is probably not happy about this

Vasquez-- is a lot better than I thought because he is a good playmaker despite lacking athleticism but has good size for a point guard.

Terico White-- is not in the league not most due to injuries his rookie year but I think he could get back in the league if an opportunity opens

Booker-- has looked better than Blatche but is that really saying much

Udoh--don't sleep on him because he is not getting minutes, he looked good last year and if he gets moved to a team that will play him, he can do a lot of things defensively.

Knicksboy42
Also, I forgot Evan Turner.

Also, I forgot Evan Turner. Remove Wes Johnson from the 9 spot and place Turner in.

Chilbert arenas
Chilbert arenas's picture
I don't get why people are

I don't get why people are still so high on Favors, I've watched enough games with him to be disappointed and underwhelmed. I still am yet to see the athletecism people rave about.

Knicksboy42
I don't get why people are

I don't get why people are still so high on Favors, I've watched enough games with him to be disappointed and underwhelmed.

Dude is putting up 8-5 in like 20 minutes a night. You aren't watching.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
big men take a while to

big men take a while to develop and his game is actually ahead of the curve. You had guys like Dalembert, Bynum, Tyson Chandler, and a few other that took like 3 to 4 years to put it all together. Jermaine Oneal took about 4 years. Favors is basically out of high school is you go by his age but his game is maybe a year ahead of what tends to be normal for big guy that dont come out ready.

r377
r377's picture
Favors could be a solid pro

Favors could be a solid pro but not the next "Amare" or "Dwight" like a lot of ppl were hyping him up just before the draft...

orangeshadow83
Favors will be an all star.

Favors will be an all star, not dwight or amare status he will make a couple of all star games. Teams knew he was raw when he came out and that he would take a few years to develop. I feel next year will be his breakout year as the jazz clear up their logjam in the front court. He has steadily improved throughout his career thus far and i dont see that trend stopping.

JoeWolf1
JoeWolf1's picture
Less Amare more Kenyon

Less Amare more Kenyon Martin. Knicksboy mentioned his 8 ppg 5 rpg in 20 minutes, as a knock, but you expand his role and he's getting 12 ppg 7.5 rpg in 30 minutes. I don't think if he put up those numbers there would be a lot more positive opinions on him.

I don't think Favors will be great, but this is his 2nd season after having a lockout offseason. He'll get better, he already has. He's going to be a starting caliber PF as soon as next year.

PulseGlazer
I love that everyone ignores

I love that everyone ignores Favors age. It isn't that he's raw, but that he's one of the youngest players in the league.

And no way Turner would fall past Minn at 3. They're dying for a pure 2. If they wanted Cousins' headaches, they would have taken him. We've learned nothing new of DeMarcus.

BasketBalAllan
BasketBalAllan's picture
I love how everyone ignores

I love how everyone ignores Favors production and instead focuses on his "potential". I agree that he is young and is likely to improve, but to say that he could end up as the best in the entire draft class is being overly optimistic. He reminds me of listening to all of the hype surrounding Beasley and Anthony Randolph about how one day they will rise up and become 7 time All-Stars. I hope, for his sake, he proves me wrong but as of right now I do not believe he will.

The same can be said of Cousins in that everyone ignores his production in favor of focusing on all of these horrific problems he causes. So instead of noticing that over the last 10 games he is averaging 19-13 we simply talk about how immature and volatile he is while we kick back and watch sports center.

PulseGlazer: Minn drafted at 4 in the 2010 draft, not 3. The Nets drafted at 3, and I believe there is no way that, knowing what they do now, they would pass on the leading offensive rebounder in the NBA (Cousins) to pair with Lopez in the post.

PulseGlazer
Ah, my mistake on the

Ah, my mistake on the numbers. Yes, the Nets would have taken Cousins.

RSS: Syndicate content