I saw a forum topic on 2009-10 Allstars, so the rookie-soph game

knicksfan7
I saw a forum topic on 2009-10 Allstars, so the rookie-soph game

Rookies Starters, Reserves
PG- Jonny Flynn, Eric Maynor (if Jerry Sloan decides to go with him at the PG and DWill at the 2 it could get scary),
SG- Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry
SF- Gerald Henderson, Terrence Williams
PF- Blake Griffin, Jordan Hill, DeJuan Blair (he's going to show the league why he should've been taken in the 1st round)
C- Hasheem Thabeet

Sophomores Starters, Reserves
PG- Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook
SG- OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon
SF- Luc Mbah a Moute , Danilo Gallinari
PF- Michael Beasley, Kevin Love
C- Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol

Stanford hoops
interesting..other than

interesting..other than putting dwill at the 2..never gonna happen...though i agree with youre line up im very certain its gonna change since someone will get hurt some wont play as well as we think..some wont get the time they deserve

Stanford hoops
oh yeah anthony randolph

oh yeah anthony randolph should be there

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
I like the

Sophmore team, but Rookie wise...I don't think all the ones expected to make it will as we've seen in the past rather it be injuries, no playing time, or a couple of surprise rookies.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
I will change this up a

I will change this up a little

Rookies Starters, Reserves
PG- Tyreke Evans, Jonny Flynn
SG- Stephen Curry, James Harden, Toney Douglas
SF- Gerald Henderson, Terrence Williams
PF- Blake Griffin, James Johnson
C- Jordan Hill

Sophomores Starters, Reserves
PG- Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook
SG- OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon
SF- Jason Thompson. Brandon Rush
PF- Michael Beasley, Kevin Love
C- Brook Lopez, Marc Gasol

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
take Rush out and put

take Rush out and put Anthony Randolph, my bad.

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
NIce Catch

Sheltwon,
Completely overlooked James Harden...

knicksfan7
Sheltwon

Interesting lineup. I don't see Jordan Hill as a C, I see Thabeet in especially if he is healthy throughout the first half we'll see him. Toney Douglas if he overtakes Larry Hughes at the 2 then I could definitely see it. Good Lineups.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Dejuan Blair will not put

Dejuan Blair will not put big enough numbers. He may put up Leon Powe type number but you have to think Spurs are a veteran team where most of the time Rookie do not play big minutes. Gallinari will not put up big numbers even enough numbers even if Lee and Nate both leave. He would still be far enough on the depth chart that he will not be able to over take Randolph and Thompson. Evans will be a point guard because he will play that in Sac and in order to work out Curry starting which he should in Don Nelson offense and Nelson is crazy about the kid so i see it being Evans and Curry. They will get the most minutes and are too talented and also they are going to teams that are talented enough to where they do not have to carry the team alone and will not get a ton of double teams which should help Curry a lot because he is not used to being that open.

mikeyvthedon
mikeyvthedon's picture
My picks

Not like anyone is concerned, but my predictions:

Rookie team:
PG/SG Stephen Curry
SG James Harden
SF Earl Clark
PF Blake Griffin
PF Jordan Hill
PG Jonny Flynn
SG Tyreke Evans
PG Brandon Jennings
SF Terrence Williams

Sophomore Team:
C Brook Lopez
PF Kevin Love
SF Michael Beasley
SG OJ Mayo
PG Derrick Rose
PG Russell Westbrook
C Greg Oden
SG Eric Gordon
PF Anthony Randolph

They usually on take 9 players per squad, and their is usually no real position grid. I think Gallinari has a chance, but I agree with huestis that you have to like Randolph. I am taking Oden over Gasol hardcore and I think that Thabeet will not make the team and they will just work with being devoid of size (though Hill and Blake could play center in the current NBA). Sophomores will kill them as usual, Mayo could very well be the MVP, though I like D-Rose or Eric Gordon's odds as well. Beasley lead the team last year, and was McD's MVP so who knows. Yes, their is little size on the rookie team, but this draft did not have that and if you want to try and structure a team in an All-Star game rather than take more likely to be deserving players, be my guest.

RickyRubio9
RickyRubio9's picture
DeJuan Blair

is going to get playing time. Their frontcourt looks like this...Duncan...Bonner...the end.
No more Gooden, Thomas, Oberto. Duncan can't play alot of minutes because he's getting up there in age and they don't want a tired Duncan like they had last season. They'll need someone to rebound and Bonner can't do that so look for Blair to get plenty of minutes if they don't bring back Gooden, Oberto, or Thomas or bring in someone like Wallace.

Stanford hoops
shewlton u have to rotate

shewlton u have to rotate thompson and beasley..thompson plays the pf position.... and i just cant see g.henderson better than williams because williams can do so many things..hes my sleeper.....thabeet will probably start off commign off the bench..gasol played very well and zach randolph is a very very good player

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Thabeet is still developing

Thabeet is still developing and you know how in the rookie sophmore games how they dont have set positions and in New York Hill will be a Center. I mean he is like 20 lbs and 1 inch away and he is taller than Lee and have a great length and after this year coming up he may be stronger than him. There are no centers in this draft that deserve to be in the Rookie - Sophomore game. You also have to look at who will get playing time. What kind of playing time will Thabeet get now that Memphis has Randolph and Gasol both young quality bigs. Thabeet will get spot dude and block a few shots hopefully like Przyblla in Portland. He will start off slow so he will not make the Rookie Sophomore game but he will be a quality bench player by second half. Harden will get minutes early because he knows how to play and he is unselfish. He should get a lot of wide open shots next to Durant. In New York Hill should put up big numbers especially if Lee is moved. I put Douglas as wild card because Nate Robinson could be moved and he may be part of a bench unit with him and Hughes in the backcourt with Hughes running the point. The is not a bad bench defensivelly and offensively. You have a slasher and a shooter an they both are decent on D.

knicksfan7
yeah

If Randolph didn't have all the attitude and off the court issues he is an instant all-star with his stats. But talking about all-stars isn't the best topic for most of us.

Stanford hoops
yeah but thompson is a pf

yeah but thompson is a pf not a sf..the secondary position they put him at is center he has some sf abilites but hes not a sf..beasley is easily a sf over thompson any way you look at it...damn i also forgot about harden

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Hey Josh I hear you and to

Hey Josh I hear you and to be honest, they are both so versatile that it does not matter but in all honesty, Beastly is more a power forward than Thompson but the height thing puts one here and the other there but in a Rookie sophomore game you would give them the position they play better at. Thompson is solid in both spots but Beastly would be unstoppable at the 4 and just decent at the 3 because he is more of a scorer than a shooter. Hey if Thabeet make the Rookie sophmore game this year than he would be on Mutumbo type level but i see him as being someone that will take time to develop and Memphis added him for the future.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Thompson is as tall as a

Thompson is as tall as a Center but he is not a Center. he does not have the body or strength to play that position. he is Center height with a small forward game and some decent post moves so he is a 4. he would have been top 5 pick if his skills and height matched.

Stanford hoops
youre point of positons not

youre point of positons not mattering in allstar games remeber..plus sac played him at center awhole lot more times then they played him at small foward..actually they didnt play him at all at small foward..he has some small foward skills ala kg...tall not that big yet kg is put at center alot more then sf..actually skills minus handles..jasons handles are suspect..and his range isnt that great either

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Oberto will be back. He

Oberto will be back. He should come cheap because he is still getting paid some on his contract because he was waived and he knows how to play next to Duncan. San Antonio likes vets and will not play a Rook big minutes unless someone gets hurt. Look at what happened with George Hill. He play a lot when Parker was hurt and did well but once Parker came back, he played a lil bit and when Manu came back and with Mason deserving time as well, Hill played every now and then. I know Blair is a quality big but I think Powe and Big Baby were better than him coming in and they did not even make that Rooke Sophomore game. I know for sure Powe didnt make it but I can not remember if Big Baby made it. i do not think he did but I forget if that draft was weak enough in the front court he snuck in.

Stanford hoops
what year there powe and big

what year there powe and big baby come in...if im not mistaken i think they had alot more comp for that downlow position

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
I think Terrance Williams

I think Terrance Williams will do better than Henderson as well but I didnt change things on what I copied because i figured Henderson would get more time earlier because Raja Bell is old and should not get many minutes even though he will probably start. Nets has a lot of Perimeter Players that he may take some time for Williams to over take some Vets and Courtney Lee at the 2 spot. Henderson has very little competition for minutes unless AI comes to Charlotte and I doubt that very much. If he has to come off the bench, it will be for a contender.

Stanford hoops
yeah i like terrence...32

yeah i like terrence...32 isnt that old for a player who is mostly a jump shooter

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
They came out the year KG

They came out the year KG was traded. San Antonio is not finished with making moves. They still have the Mid level and you better believe they will use it. They make be able to get two quality players for it.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
I agree but Raja Bell does

I agree but Raja Bell does not play big minutes even last year. They played Felton and DJ together and Bell may have gotten 25 to 30 minutes but after thinking about it you are right because Larry Brown likes to get DJ minutes so they make play small a lot some Henderson may not get enough minutes and you know it make be a year where they have more small guards making they Rookie's team. You will have a lot of smaller players putting more number because they should get more minutes.

Stanford hoops
so alderige tyrus thomas was

so alderige tyrus thomas was powes year.....glen davis came out the year after that..horford noah jeff green hawes laundry shwne williams....i dont think there are any of those in this draft...excluding blake and thabeet maybe

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
The did play Thompson at

The did play Thompson at Small Forward a few times. Early on he has to play there to get minutes. I Know he was never there after that trade went down but before he was playing a lot of small forward. I would not be surprise if he played some Center later on because they were weak there after the trade but I don't see him as Center just yet but if he gets bigger he can be Rasheed Wallace type. I kept up with a lot of Sacramento games early on and he played small forward a lot but I did not keep up with them later on because I was more focus on a lot more other teams so you are probably right bout the center thing but I know he did not play it before that trade when they had Miller and Hawes.

Stanford hoops
oh yeah i forgot about dj

oh yeah i forgot about dj and felton..larry likes to play those 2 together alot..yeah henderson is gonna get less time then i thought

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
I would see Mullens make the

I would see Mullens make the Rookie All Star game before I see Thabeet do it. In OKC with all those playmakers, Mullens could put up better numbers than Thabeet playing 15 minutes catching lobs and grabbing misses. If you look at the make up of Memphis, I can not see him getting that much time and then even if he did they will not run plays for him. he is still to weak. He may get to the Rookie Sophmore game off of blocks but he will not get that many rebounds this early until he body fills out more and he gets stronger. Look what Oden did this past year and Oden's has a more NBA ready body than Thabeet and thabeet only has 2 inches on Oden. Thabeet is a 2 to 3 year project that should pan out to be a Tyson Chandler, Dalembert type and at best make Mutumbo but he will not be even close he first year especially with as many scorer and me first players that Memphis has. Memphis has no veterans.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Williams could be starting

Williams could be starting by right before the half for the Nets but after thinking about Henderson may not see enough minutes to warrant a invite. If Thabeet performs well in the summer league than i may see if sneak in there but it will be mainly hype and lack of big men that do it. I like Thabeet long term but there have been better centers that did not make the Rookie game their first year. I don't see him doing it.

Stanford hoops
mullins would come off the

mullins would come off the bench like thabeet..plus hes farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr less ready to contribute then thabeet..i dont see either making the game to be honest...mullins is far more a projext..hes very soft no confidence and just isnt that good right now

OldSkoolBasketball
OldSkoolBasketball's picture
ODEN

ODEN

Stanford hoops
oden if he can stay

oden if he can stay healthy...VERY VERY BIG IF

europebasketball
No!!!!!!

wow utah chose maynor because he could be a back-up for d-will because brevin knight can't do anything.

Stanford hoops
good pick

good pick

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
I think Maynor gives them

I think Maynor gives them flexbility because he can play one and has decent size some they can sometimes play Deron Williams and him together.

Bosterito
Sophomores: 130 Rookies: 76

Sophomores: 130

Rookies: 76

RSS: Syndicate content