I know you are tired of mock drafts but......
Here is my mock draft 2.0 if anyone is interested.
1. LAC- Blake Griffen- I think this is a lock.
2. MEM- Hasheem Thabeet. They know Rubio doesnt want to play there. Apparently thet like Thabeet quite a bit, and this would be their only shot at him because if they draft Rubio in hopes of trading him, Thabeet will be taken by OKc at #3.
3. OKC- Ricky Rubio (traded to SAC)- They don't want or need him, but they can pick up an expiring contract and maybe a role player like Garcia here.
4. SAC- James Harden (teaded to OKC)- They get their guy, the star that they need.
5. WAS- Jordan Hill- Brings some toughness and upside to a team that seems to lack both. However, dont be shocked by a trade with Dallas here.
6. MIN- Demar Derozan- Brings them some star power, and a replacement for Brewer. If he lives up to his potential, they have a formidable frontline with Derozan, Al Jefferson and Love.
7. GSW- Brandon Jennings- The flashy player for the flashy team. Allows Monta to play his natural two and can get the ball to all of their perimiter scorers without needing to score for hisself.
8. NYK- Stephen Curry- No real need to explain this, is there?
9. TOR- Tyreke Evans- Perfect fit, he complements Calderon perfectly. Calderon is the efficient, shooting, distributing one. Evans would be the flashy, scoring, star player at the two. Could develop into one of the best back courts in the league.
10. MIL- Johnny Flynn- They seem to love him, and there is no way Sessions resigns here, so he is the clear choice.
11. NJN- Earl Clark- Fits nicely with the pieces they already have. If he does his thing his rookie year his could be a playoff team.
12. CHA- Gerald Henderson- Can play behing Bell for now and replace him in a few years.
13. IND- Jrue Holliday- Another nice fit. He has a ton of upside and can play the one or the two. Would be nice with Ford in the lineup.
14. PHX- Ty Lawson- Eventual replacement for Nash, but he can contribute immediately. Brings some excitement back to this team, he has the speed to play here.
15. DET- BJ Mullens- Huge reach, I see him as a bust, but they need a five and the hype around him is certainly growing.
16. CHI- Dejaun Blair- Nice fit, adds another tough player to their big rotation.
17. PHI- Chase Budinger- Great fit. Finally someone in Philly who can hit the three. Contributres from day 1.
18. MIN- Eric Maynor- A safer pick to "offset" their gamble on Derozan. Foye is not a point guard and Telfair is... Telfair.
19. ATL- Jeff Teague- Their point guard of the future. They still need to resign Bibby though, he (Teague) will need some time to grow.
20. UTA- Taj Gibson- Big reach, but his stock is up, they will be trying to replace Boozer, and they don't have any glaring needs at other positions.
21. NOH- James Johnson- A big steal here, would be great for them. Unfortunately, my guess is that they sell this pick.
22. DAL- Patty Mills- I love him there. Any point guard learning from J-Kidd has a much better chance of success.
23. SAC- Gani Lawal- They need another big to rotate with Thompson and Hawes. He brings defense and toughness to the Kings plus he does have some decent upside.
24. POR- Nick Calathes- They don't need more young players. They can let him improve in Greece and bring him over or trade him next season. But I do think Calathes will have a good career whenever he comes over.
25. OKC- Tyler Hansbrough- Adding some toughness and a role player. Would be a very nice pick here.
26. CHI- Terrance Williams- They love him, but he seems to be slipping, they would be estatic to get him here.
27. MIN- Wayne Ellington- Another pick on the safe side. They have a chance to have a great draft this year.
28. CLE- Omri Cassippi- A wing player with potential to take some pressure ff Lebron at some point in his career if he fills his potential.
29. MEM- Sam Young- Very nice fit. I think he can help any team. You need guys like this to win.
30. LAL- Derrick Brown- They need a point guard, but I see them addressing that with their second rounder.
I like it. I think you have some of your teams messed up at the end of the draft(Lakers are 29th, cle is 30th). BUt i don't have many complaints, although I do think Ellington goes a little higher and Mullens drops a little further.
I though the team that wins the title goes 30th. Is that wrong? Does the team with the most wins go 30th? Because I just assumed it was like the NFL where the Super Bowl winner picks last.
team with most wins gets last pick
The picks are determined by regular season record. If you click on the 2009 mock draft link on the homepage, they show the selection order. But I like your thinking that the Lakers would get the last pick if it was determined by who wins the title, GO LAKERS.
BTW Im no Lakers fan, but Id love to see Kobe get another ring and shut Shaq up. Lakers in FIVE.
Is not bad, Flynn and Holiday should be moved up
No Austin Daye? I have him in round 2....
a couple weeks ago I said Daye was a late first or second rounder and you called me out for being dumb and said he was lottery all the way. So I guess you changed your mind huh?
im sorry...you were right...As a fool and Daye supporter i was blinded. You were right and I was wrong
to Gonzaga. Holiday is very overrated in my eyes, but if Sacramento has no shot at Rubio, I think he shoots up to #4.
No problem, just gloating a little. And I can promise you that I have never taken a point away from you, so you don't have to worry about appologizing to me.
Daye will go back now. I dont understand why you Think Holiday is overrated. He is a poor man's D-wade
he only had 8 points a game. What is he gonna do in the NBA? People bash Jennings because he only had about 8 ppg in Europe, but itis much tougher over there than in college basketball. I just think he is too much of a project to gamble on that early. He should go back to school, but he won't because he will for sure be a lottery pick. And look at the teams between 4-13 that need point guards:
Golden State- Wants a distributor and really doesnt care about defense, which is Holiday's strong suit
Toronto- Needs more of a scorer
New York- Curry is definitely the guy here
Milwaukee- I have read that they absolutely love Flynn
Sacramento loves him, but they like Rubio more, and I see them having a shot at him. If not, Holiday at #4.
Thats why teams love and hate him. I think the fact of he could play great D in the NBA today will put him in that 4-13 range.
Like I said on my mock, Let him play PG and let him worry about passing and Defense and let him find his niche on offense.
I'd take Greivas Vasquez over him. You dont send 1st rounders overseas it's a slap in the face to send them to the D-league.
a ton of potential, no one is denying that. But the other "high risk/ high reward" guys like Derozan and Evans at least broke out toward the end of last year. Holiday just hasnt done anything to impress me.
1st off...e-prizzle i cant agree. 6-6 with PG skills? He will be pick between 28-39
ZK i agree but from Day 1 the Holiday at SG experimaent failed....He is more of a PG and I think a team for him is the Knicks..... ( Im a Knicks fan by the way)
He signed a deal in Greece. It wouldnt be a "slap in the face" because he is going over there voluntarily.
a very very poor man's Dwyane Wade..
Trust me, Like you were right about Daye.I will be right about Holiday, he got that D-wade in him
How do you have -360 points? Do you have bad people skills or something lol
No, I made some enimies and they will continueslly lower my score...i dont care anymore i aplogized to everyone and yet they still hate me
Also, Duece4off hates me alot. He emailed and like Cursed me out for no reason....so i dunno
I love when people freak out over the internet. That guy sounds like a real tool. But yeah the points don't really mean anything.
LOL he is a tool
yea. i understand that they don't mean anything but negative three hundred and sixty-one points stands out lol