I just finished watching The Avengers.
I just finished watching The Avengers. It's really Good. I don't wanna jump the gun because I'm a comic guy and be bias. I would rate it an 8.5 and I don't mean to be, but I think I'm kinda of a movie snob. And I liked a lot.
I tried watching a bootleg copy saturday night but it started skipping around the time Thor showed up
Can you give us a reference point? Like what did you give Dark Knight, Iron Man, Thor, etc. Nbanflguy keeps saying it will be better then Dark Knight and I'm calling BS.
Not so intersted in the Avengers, waiting for the Dictator, I don't care if it pokes fun at my own kind, the trailor is funny as hell.
I want to see that too aamir. My priorities are:
1. Dark Knight Rises
The movie is better than the three movies that lead to it easily. On pure action I'd say it's number one in comic genre movies and Marvels top movie. The Dark Knight Rises will really have to bring it and be great like The Dark Knight to top it.
The Darknight - 10
Batman Begins - 8.5
X - Men First Calss - 8
Hulk - 7
Thor - 7
Iron Man - 7
Blade 1 - 8.5
Spiderman 1&2 - 6.5
X - men 1&2 - 8
Captain America - 6
I'll rate the Super Hero movies I've studied and watched in order
1. The Watchmen - This choice always catches people by suprise, The film is very long, very complex and very much so not for everybody, but if there was a Comic Book Version of Citizen Kane this would be it, my advice to anyone is to read the source material because that is the Bible of the comic book universe, 1 read through and you'll instantly understand what it would mean to be a "Super Hero", "Mask" or "Vigilante", and not just for yourself, but what the world's view of those Ideals would be...
2. Batman Begins - everybody is going to lose their minds when I say this but hear me out, Begins was the Classic Batman tale, it actually was the 1st and truest adaption of the Caped Crusader in live action(the Animated Series is the Purist version of Batman ever IMO) Batman/Bruce Wayne took on the Mob, The Police, The Scare Crow, Ras' Al Ghul, The League of Shadows, The Citizens of Gotham and His own personal Fears, all this before Gordon pulls out the Joker card and blows everybody's mind...
3. The Dark Knight - This is not the best Super Hero story of all time, It's the Greatest Super Villain story of all time, not only does the audience fall in love with The Joker and his Anarcist movement, but we get to see the tragic rise and fall of Harvey Dent, Gotham's White Knight lived long enough to become the Villain
4. X-Men: First Class - Of all the Marvel films to come out the last few years, XM:FC was by far the best, from The Introduction of Erik the Nazi Hunter, to the declaration of Magneto, this was the best film version of X Men to date...Now that's not to say Marvel got it 100 % right, they cast Cyclop's younger brother Havoc before the Original leader of the X Men himself, they left out Jean Grey and included some useless female mutant named "Angel" who we're not supposed to confuse with The Original "Angel/Arch Angel" from the Comics and X-Men 3 film, I just thought Havoc should have been Cyclops, Jean should have been cast in place of 'Angel" and Banshee could have instead been the Real "Angel"...Other than the mis-casted Mutants, this was the best Marvel/X-Men yet, and one that gives hope to true Marvel/X Men fans
5. The Hulk(Directed By Ang Lee) This movie was probally ahead of its time, Ang Lee made a story driven Comic Book movie before the success of The Dark Knight made them acceptible and financially successful, everything from the look and feel of the Hulk to the Score was brilliant, I'm not sure why most Marvel/Comic Book fans didn't like the movie back then, but it's actually held up better than the Ed Norton film IMO, I know Hulk didn't get to fight any major Marvel heroes(which would have made that movie perfect) but The OG Hulk movie was very well done...
6. Blade 2- This was the best Blade movie, and one that helped Marvel get their Film Company jump started, I would've introduced The Darkstalkers in This Film but what do I Know right??? Instead they forced Them on us in Blade 3, and it sucked because it was a little too late...The Action in the Blade 2 is what stands out most, still some of the best from Marvel to this day, and Daryl Dixon was in the movie WTF...
7. Spider-Man 2 - I will admit the First Spider Man was a bit colorful and campy in some aspects, but that's what made the Series so good IMO, they realized what they were as films, and Spider Man 2 took that formula and adding some real depth, Doc Oct was a great villain suprisingly, the best of the Spider Man films, sad to say what with both Goblins, Sandman and Venom making an appearence, where the films failed was when they over did the Love Story between Parker and Mary Jane, the Amazing Spider Man seems to want to repeat those mistakes
8. 80's Punisher - I know many of you haven't seen this film, and it was limited by 80's technology and a small budget even for the times, but this was the best Punisher yet, this was a violent yet not over the top violent take on the Frank Castle story, I'm pretty sure had they stuck more closely to this version the newer films wouldn't have sucked so bad, It's a bit of a Cult Classic at this point, but it still one of the best Marvel Movies ever
9. Super Man I - Yes this movie is as old as dirt, yes Reeves was a hack actor and yes the script and film were campy as hell, none of that could sink this film though as far as Super Hero movies are concerned, it gives you exactly what you wnat and need out of super man flick, and after all the years it's still sadly the best Super man film ever made, that is until Zac Snyder comes out with "Man Of Steel" in 2013
10. Batman 1989- Time and Tim Burton have not done this movie any favors...Why is it still on my list, because I think Jack's Joker was insane enough to warrant a flash back, and Danny Elfman's Batman Theme was one of the best scores ever composed LOL...What was wrong with this Batman you ask... well a midget sized hero, black Harvey Dent and an all Prince soundtrack aren't what I think of when I think of The Dark Knight
1. X Men 2 and 3
3. Captain America
4. Green Lantern
5. Blade 1 and 3
6. Iron Man 1 and 2
7. The Incredible Hulk
9. Spider Man 1
10. Batman Returns
These next movies should be burned and erased from our memories forever
1. Ghost Rider 1 and 2
2. Punisher War zone
3. X Men Origins: Wolverine
4. Dare Devil
These next few Movies aren't Marvel or DC, but did come from the realm of Comic Books so I saved them for their own List
2. V for Vendetta
3. Hellboy Series