HS Class of 2017's #1 Recruits...DeAndre Ayton or Cody Riley?

paradigmn
paradigmn's picture
HS Class of 2017's #1 Recruits...DeAndre Ayton or Cody Riley?

People might not respect 8th grade hoopers, but 6-foot-10 DeAndre Ayton and 6-foot-7 Cody Riley should change some minds.

Cody Riley is pretty well known. He's been discussed on the forum before, and has been the #1 player in the Class of 2017 for quite some time now.

DeAndre Ayton has been the #2 player for about the same amount of time, but that was mainly due to his size. This past weekend at the Pangos Jr. All-American Camp, he really turned some heads. His game has come a long way in just a year, and he's in serious contention for taking over the top spot in the class.

The new video of DeAndre is only 54 seconds, but it's a STRONG 54 seconds. You definitely get to see what all the fuss is about. He's a beast.

Cody Riley's video is from his 7th grade highlights, so it's kinda old, but impressive none the less.

Both DeAndre and Cody are from California also. Speaking of Cali, the state is absolutely loaded with young talent. In the Class of 2016 alone, there's probably about 10 or so players in the top 50.

Obviously there's a lot of time before they graduate high school, so who knows what will happen between now and then, but for the time being, these two are definitely a cut above the rest.

http://prospect-central.blogspot.com/2013/02/hs-basketball-class-of-2017...

frogman
I'll just sit here and wait

I'll just sit here and wait for some douche to claim these kids need to put on more muscle mass like always when talking about 14 year olds.

the I in win
the I in win's picture
cody looks strong

cody looks strong

Malcolmx
Malcolmx's picture
We can't project kids who

We can't project kids who have not stepped into high school yet. With that said both of them look like young 8th graders,like their the right age.Even though Cody looks strong I don't think he is one of those 16 year old 8th graders judging by his face. Both of their ceilings are high but trust and believe their will be more tall kids in their class in the up coming years that fight for the top spot as well.

phila9012
I prefer to at least wait

I prefer to at least wait till the kids are 16 or 17. So much changes in the 6 years between then and when they graduate high school. If teams struggle with drafting now and even more so when there was high school kids getting picked, then there really isnt a chance to predict accurately how a middle school kid will develop.

Hale
Hale's picture
Is Riley really 6'7 225? He's

Is Riley really 6'7 225? He's going to be huge when he's a senior.

phila9012
derrick character was

derrick character was supposed to be the next shaq, and now he is playing in israel and he is only 24 years old. Demetrius walker was suppose to be the next best thing at 14 and now he is playing 15 minutes a game and averaging 5 points a game for new mexico. A lot can change in those years. I am not saying this happens to everyone, but projecting 8th graders is incredibly hard(look at how much anthony davis changed). Just look at how much changes once the players get to college, the player rankings change a lot, and there are some guys like lebron who live up to the hype. My point is who cares who is good in 8th grade when 90% of the kids havent had their growth spurt yet.

Hale
Hale's picture
When I said huge, I meant his

When I said huge, I meant his size.

Reeko
Ya true that but..

At the same time I've been hearing about Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins since they were both in the 7th grade. Same goes for Nigel William-Goss, who has been flying under the radar until this year but is, I believe, Findlay Prep's most accomplished player to date. So ya some of these guys who get ranked at the top don't always end up being great later on in life. And just to add one more who I think is gonna make it... Mickey Mitchell I've been hearing about since thee 8th grade... can't stress enough how sad I am that he won't be providing any highlight material for us this year (his play-making ability and court vision are off the charts), here's to hoping he comes back a stronger player after rehabbing his ACL injury.

FastAndFurious
FastAndFurious's picture
I dont like when kids are

I dont like when kids are hyped up so young.

Demetrius Walker.....does that name ring a bell?

it's 4-5 years left in these kids HS careers anything can happen, no one is guaranteed anything.

tiberius
These are some big kidzz!!

These are some big kidzz!! Often forget about how tall 6 foot 10 is because that is normal in the nba

MUbballfan
MUbballfan's picture
Riley looks like a HS senior,

Riley looks like a HS senior, kid's a beast. Big things to come from im.

Chilbert arenas
Chilbert arenas's picture
I want to see Riley's birth

I want to see Riley's birth certificate, I mean damn that kid looks like a grown man

IvoL
IvoL's picture
well

DeAndre Ayton can shoot the ball

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6yK6IR_P5X8

here you have some highlights of the guy but i don't know how good they can be i hope they can be that good, because it would be cool seeing Basketball get better with talented players another player i like and he is from the 2016 class is LoVett, but hell i liked Rivers too and now where he stands in the NBA i hope Rivers can get better lol

enjoy BBBrothers

Platypus
Platypus's picture
Whats scary is that these

Whats scary is that these kids still have a couple more growth spurts.

206hoops
Here are a few of Aytons

Here are a few of Aytons dunks from Nike Gymrats in Portland d
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TUdlLfiNBZM

206hoops
Ayton does more than just

Ayton does more than just dunk.
He dominates this game vs Oakland Soldiers. The Soldiers are one of the beat teams on Westcoast.
Ayton even hits a 3. Check out the game
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv0zwPukfIw

RSS: Syndicate content