Heat wasted 100 mill on a player that is not even worth it.

204baller
Heat wasted 100 mill on a player that is not even worth it.

Chris Bosh is making so much money, and he really doesnt make a difference. The Heat could have signed like 3 or 4 roll players with that money instead of signing Bosh. They have showed so many times they can win without him, just like today against Indiana.

Wahoo757
Wahoo757's picture
I can't take anybody

I can't take anybody seriously that can't spell role correctly.

aamir543
aamir543's picture
Bosh is overpaid, but only

Bosh is overpaid, but only slightly, Bosh is a very talented offensive player who can score from down low and can step out and hit the midrange jumper. Unfortunatly in Miami is a designated jumpshooter, but he's an 18 and 8 guy as a third option, there have been ocasions where if D-Wade or Lebron aren't feeling it he has stepped up and been that second guy, that's a luxary most teams don't have. The Heat can defiantly win this series without him, but it will be much tougher, and it'll be even tougher against Boston if he's out for a game or two in that series, assuming Boston moves on, maybe you're right, they could've gotten some role players instead, but Bosh is very good underated player that goes out there and does his work, he'll come back strong and help the Heat succeed, and if they do indeed win a tittle, and Bosh is healthy, he will have probably won a game for them, he's a really good offensive weapon.

phila9012
bosh

he is paid right, he just doesn't have a big role. He can shoot and score really good if you would have watched him in toronto. He has sacrificed the most by going to the heat. He was averaging 22 to 24 points a year for 5 years at toronto. He would have been better playing a long side rose where he could have been the second scoing option. The bulls would be even better had he went there instead of boozer. They would have him and rose scoring, then everyone else plays good defense that is a really good team.

ballaj334
remember bosh signed before

remember bosh signed before lebron committed to a team if lebron wasnt there bosh would easily be a 20 and ten guy he was worth the money he was given. bosh chose miami for the max contract and there is no doubt hes a max contract player

TMacVCCambyOhMy
Complicated issue

I am huge Raps fan and I'm glad Bosh is gone. He wanted to leave, and he wasn't a game changer that would have ever led us anywhere we might have sniffed a championship. I'm glad we are rebuilding vs. stuck in mediocrity.

On the other hand he is a really decent scoring option, 1st, 2nd or 3rd option depending on the teammates, but he doesn't play great defense, and I don't think is quite a max player.....a star yes and some years an all-star.

However he was to the Heat because it was more than talent they were thinking of...it was political. I don't know if Lebron would have ended up in Miami if there wasn't the tempting opportunity of playing with both Bosh and Wade, and for that reason alone (plus the ticket and merchandise sales that have followed, a title at some point etc..) he was worth every penny.

I just don't think he would have been worth that to every other team in the league. It's sad some of the players who will get max contracts and not really end up producing to that level for their teams. Sorry cough Melo/ Amare cough cough. To me there is only a dozen or so game changers that are worth that money, and only two of them play for the Heat. I suppose Melo could be in the right situation, if it were similar to Bosh, and he brought in other talent to make the team better, but on play alone I'd be iffy.

**This brings me to another somewhat related question that I'll post separately regarding Jeremy Lin's worth

scott3210
scott3210's picture
The one thing I would love to

The one thing I would love to see him improve is his defense.

For_Never_Ever
For_Never_Ever's picture
@aamir543

So your saying Bosh, you can give the ball to him on the block and he can score for you ? I've always thouht he played more like a SF, then a Pf that can score down low.

aamir543
aamir543's picture
^Yes, don't you remember his

^Yes, don't you remember his Toronto days? I remember going to a Warriors-Raptors game 2 years ago, and he was scoring every basket from the low post, he had a really nice post fadeaway, it just hasn't been on display.

llperez
llperez's picture
between bosh, amare and

between bosh, amare and boozer, i think the heat went with the right pf that summer.

bobbyb
Also remember, the Knicks

Also remember, the Knicks would have taken him way before Amare.

Biggysmalls
Bosh has become arguably the

Bosh has become arguably the most underrated player in the NBA. Dude is top 3 or 4 PF in the league and simply isnt featured on a squad with James and Wade.

I actually think he plays pretty solid defense as well. He doesnt have the luxery of playing alongside a big defensive center, but remember back in the day when Gasol was looked at as a weak defender and when he got to LA, playing alongside a true Center made him much more effective. I think Bosh is the same way. If he is the last line of defense then he will never be a great defender, but if he is that 2nd guy I think his defensive prowess would stand out much more.

PabloFiasco
PabloFiasco's picture
Bosh is fine. The Heat have

Bosh is fine. The Heat have won w/o Wade and Lebron playing too..does that mean trade them for more role players? NO! The Heat are made for Wade and Lebron to run the floor. Not for Bosh to do his post work like his Toronto days....Doesn't help Bosh when you've got the garbage coach that is Erik Spoelstra who rides the coat tails of Wade and Lebron.

PulseGlazer
Bosh has actually become a

Bosh has actually become a very good defender. He's vocal and tougher on that end than he's given credit for. He REALLY needs to focus on the boards, however. That's my main issue with him - if he just went out to get 10-per, and he has the skill for it, especially on the offensive glass with how much attention LBJ and Wade garner, the Heat would be unbeatable. Then again, why am I rooting for this? Nevermind, carry on.

dazeone
dazeone's picture
Nah

Not the biggest Miami fan but Bosh is a beast. Its the way that the team is built. I am a Sixers fan and I have seen Bosh put that Raptors team on his back on allot of nights. Also he is playing with two of the top 5 players in the NBA. He is top 10. Arguably in the top 5 at his position. They also have a weak supporting cast. He got paid his worth. If he was on another team he could easily average 22 and 10.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Also Bosh is a smart player

Also Bosh is a smart player and is a pretty solid passer. I think Bosh does not get credit for what he can do because he appears to be the least of the big 3.

Costy15
Costy15's picture
The Heat went 4-0 without

The Heat went 4-0 without Wade. Does that mean they should get rid of him too?

Not at all lol. Chris Bosh is a 3rd option and in my opinion the best 3rd option in the NBA. He averaged 18 and 8 with 49% shooting from th field and 82% from the line. Thats a very efficient option especially as a 3rd option.

If he were a 1st option with a good supporting cast he would undoubtedly be averaging 20 and 10 and would still be considered one of the top power forwards in the league.

omphalos
omphalos's picture
The Heat definitely overpaid

The Heat definitely overpaid for him, there simply isn't enough of a role for him offensively to justify that contract, and he isn't the sort of guy who will change the game with his D or passing.

Troupa Dups
Answer this

Why wasn't/isn't Chris Bosh booed as much as VC and Mcgrady when he left and came back to Toronto. Most of us in the city didn't want to pay him max because he cannot be a first option on a viable contender. If he were that great of a player people would attack him like they do VC and TMac everytime they come back.

doubledribbler
Bosh

If I remember correctly Bosh actually took less than the max to go to Miami, as did Lebron. While Bosh is not one of the Elite by anyone's definition, he's far better than most people give him credit for. It's a huge adjustment going from probably being the first option every night and having the offense tailored around you to no better than 3rd option as long as the 2 guys ahead of you are healthy and playing. Bosh has had to make a lot of adjustments to play with Lebron and Wade. He's also not getting the post up opportunities that he used to, which affects him going to the line. He's still a guy that can be a 20 point scorer, he's just having to score his points more effeciently and on less shots. I think he has improved as a defender. My biggest gripe with him is his rebounding.If he gave me 10 a night, then I could not think of a real reason to nitpick his game. I know his aggressiveness comes and goes, but I think he is also stuck in a role where it is harder to be aggressive or even consistant.

Please note: I'm not a Bosh fan by any means. I thought he was overrated in Toronto. He seemed soft to me, but I did think it was funny when they had Bosh, Bargani and O'Neal together. It was like 3 versions of the same guy. Anyways, I think if Miami does not win it all, that if anyone is traded, it will not be Bosh.

Shanetaylor95
For best third option I would

For best third option I would go with harden and pau before bosh

Ghost01
Ghost01's picture
Bosh is overpayed. No doubt

Bosh is overpayed. No doubt he helps a team win, he has a great mid range game, and is a decent offensive player. He can't rebound, defend, or post up. Which is what I would love my big men to do, personally.

PulseGlazer
After last night's game, it's

After last night's game, it's clear Bosh has among the most important third star roles in the NBA and the biggest dropoff from him to his backups. If Joel Anthony never plays that many minutes again, it'll be too soon.

Hitster
Hitster's picture
Bosh is an All Star and a

Bosh is an All Star and a Borderline Franchise player and his lower production at Miami is only due to LeBron and D-Wade being on the same team and those two guys have the ball in their hand more so by default they will take more shots.

I think that minus Bosh, the Heat will not have such an easy ride to the play off finals as looked possible when Chicago went out. West and Hibbert gave Miami's frontcourt a hard run last night so you wonder what the frontcourt of the Western Champions could do to them if they make the finals. In no way would I write Miami off as they still have LeBron and D-Wade but minus Bosh they go from clear favourites to strong contender.

RSS: Syndicate content