This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar 220 9 years, 12 months ago.

• Author
    Lotto Stud
    Participant

Which team would you like to see fall out of the Top 3 on May 20th and why?

1. Milwaukee Bucks – ?
    2. Philadelphia 76ers – ?
    3. Orlando Magic – ?

Mad Max
    Participant

All three, don’t reward teams that don’t try

Mad Max
    Participant

All three, don’t reward teams that don’t try

ncballer

Post of the year.

ncballer

Post of the year.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

I personally do not want to see Philly in there at all! They came into the season with the tank mode mentality but tried to throw us off with that win against Miami. In any other situation no team trades an All-Star franchise PG in Jrue Holiday for an unproven rookie, who is coming into the draft undersized and injured. Philly got rid of Turner for Granger just to give up Granger for nothing in return. Milwaukee and Orlando’s situation has nothing on Philly by a longshot.

I really don’t like what the Sixers stand for this year.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

I personally do not want to see Philly in there at all! They came into the season with the tank mode mentality but tried to throw us off with that win against Miami. In any other situation no team trades an All-Star franchise PG in Jrue Holiday for an unproven rookie, who is coming into the draft undersized and injured. Philly got rid of Turner for Granger just to give up Granger for nothing in return. Milwaukee and Orlando’s situation has nothing on Philly by a longshot.

I really don’t like what the Sixers stand for this year.

Lotto Stud
        Participant

I’m very hip to seeing many Sixer fans on the forum come out the wood works, when talking about the team’s direction in the future. Could at least 2 or more of you come forth to speak on why your team deserves to be in the Top 3 because I really am opposed.

Lotto Stud
        Participant

I’m very hip to seeing many Sixer fans on the forum come out the wood works, when talking about the team’s direction in the future. Could at least 2 or more of you come forth to speak on why your team deserves to be in the Top 3 because I really am opposed.

SpartanGlory
      Participant

Why would you punish a team for trying to get off the mediocrity treadmill, which is extremely difficult, when they’re just playing by the rules the league has set? Sam Hinkie has been making smart calculated moves so far, and the team and the coach have been playing their asses off. Don’t blame the teams, blame the rules that are in place.

SpartanGlory
      Participant

Why would you punish a team for trying to get off the mediocrity treadmill, which is extremely difficult, when they’re just playing by the rules the league has set? Sam Hinkie has been making smart calculated moves so far, and the team and the coach have been playing their asses off. Don’t blame the teams, blame the rules that are in place.

machu46
      Participant

Philly absolutely tanked on purpose, but I’m not as sure about Milwaukee and Orlando.  I can’t really speak on Orlando because they aren’t my team, but Milwaukee was actually trying to make a playoff push this year.  Things just went down hill extremely quickly with Larry getting hurt, Ilyasova being hurt/taking a huge step back, OJ Mayo becoming fat overnight, etc.

It’s no accident that it took so long for Giannis Antetokounmpo to start getting playing time.  They were focused on winning, and didn’t begin to give him big minutes until they realized this team just wasn’t going anywhere.

Bucks fans have been praying for the front office to tear everything down for awhile so that we could get a high draft pick again, and it just so happens that it happened by accident.

machu46
      Participant

Philly absolutely tanked on purpose, but I’m not as sure about Milwaukee and Orlando.  I can’t really speak on Orlando because they aren’t my team, but Milwaukee was actually trying to make a playoff push this year.  Things just went down hill extremely quickly with Larry getting hurt, Ilyasova being hurt/taking a huge step back, OJ Mayo becoming fat overnight, etc.

It’s no accident that it took so long for Giannis Antetokounmpo to start getting playing time.  They were focused on winning, and didn’t begin to give him big minutes until they realized this team just wasn’t going anywhere.

Bucks fans have been praying for the front office to tear everything down for awhile so that we could get a high draft pick again, and it just so happens that it happened by accident.

theEDGE
    Participant

This years Magic are reminesent of the Spurs when David Robinson went down for the year.

I see Magic get top spot and like Spurs with Duncan are a lock for play-offs next season.

Lakers could also get the first ,because NBA often helps big market teams when they are down on their luck.

So Magic and Lakers pick first and second.

Sixers did everything to lose so gilling them first would be rewarding bad sportmanship.

Bucks roster dealt with injuries to Sanders, Ilyasova and others and had a head case like Mayo playing for them.

Bucks might pick 3rd and thus by default Sixers pick 4th.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

I see what you are saying but you did not give your personal opinion on why you think Team X should not get the pick.

Lotto Stud
      Participant

I see what you are saying but you did not give your personal opinion on why you think Team X should not get the pick.

theEDGE
    Participant

This years Magic are reminesent of the Spurs when David Robinson went down for the year.

I see Magic get top spot and like Spurs with Duncan are a lock for play-offs next season.

Lakers could also get the first ,because NBA often helps big market teams when they are down on their luck.

So Magic and Lakers pick first and second.

Sixers did everything to lose so gilling them first would be rewarding bad sportmanship.

Bucks roster dealt with injuries to Sanders, Ilyasova and others and had a head case like Mayo playing for them.

Bucks might pick 3rd and thus by default Sixers pick 4th.

Flameres15
    Participant

I would like the draft to go:

Pelicans

Celtics

Magic

Bucks

76ers

but that is just me. I know that the Pelicans don’t deserve it, but it would be awesome to see Embiid and Davis play together. It would be like Duncan and Robinson all over again. If someone would think that the NBA would be cheating, look at the Wizards. The jumped from the 8th seed to the 3rd seed last year

Flameres15
    Participant

I would like the draft to go:

Pelicans

Celtics

Magic

Bucks

76ers

but that is just me. I know that the Pelicans don’t deserve it, but it would be awesome to see Embiid and Davis play together. It would be like Duncan and Robinson all over again. If someone would think that the NBA would be cheating, look at the Wizards. The jumped from the 8th seed to the 3rd seed last year

Flameres15
    Participant

I also don’t like the idea of awarding losing teams a top-notch player, if they are constantly in the lottery and not developing their talent. For the Bucks, I just can’t see a player in the draft that would help them in any way. The 76ers tanking disgusts me, and I think the Magic are one pick away from the playoffs. They have been improving each year, and have the talent to make the leap. 

Flameres15
    Participant

I also don’t like the idea of awarding losing teams a top-notch player, if they are constantly in the lottery and not developing their talent. For the Bucks, I just can’t see a player in the draft that would help them in any way. The 76ers tanking disgusts me, and I think the Magic are one pick away from the playoffs. They have been improving each year, and have the talent to make the leap. 

Ihateusernames
    Participant

I want them to televise the actual ping pong balls to take the conspiracy theory out of it. The real lottery is televised why not the NBA?

tidho
      Participant

Because ‘real’ lotteries are only drawing one number sequence (for each game).  The NBA is drawing three and they want to maintain the element of suspense of who ultimately won with a countdown so that people will watch the show.

I don’t wish for anyone in particular to fall out.  I do hope Milwaukee remains at the top (or right behind Cleveland), that franchise needs a name player more than any other.

tidho
      Participant

Because ‘real’ lotteries are only drawing one number sequence (for each game).  The NBA is drawing three and they want to maintain the element of suspense of who ultimately won with a countdown so that people will watch the show.

I don’t wish for anyone in particular to fall out.  I do hope Milwaukee remains at the top (or right behind Cleveland), that franchise needs a name player more than any other.

Ihateusernames
    Participant

I want them to televise the actual ping pong balls to take the conspiracy theory out of it. The real lottery is televised why not the NBA?

JoeWolf1

To touch back on an older post of yours, I’d love to see a Parker and Wiggins end up in the same conference.

Boston and Philly would be the best for a young rivalry, IMO

LA and Sacramento would be a cool throwback of 10 years ago, but far less probable.

JoeWolf1

To touch back on an older post of yours, I’d love to see a Parker and Wiggins end up in the same conference.

Boston and Philly would be the best for a young rivalry, IMO

LA and Sacramento would be a cool throwback of 10 years ago, but far less probable.

Participant

Yeah the 76ers defintely tanked it would be fitting if they didn’t get a top 3 pick, but since I live near Philadelphia I still hope they get a top pick. The Sixers let every good free agent walk and then dealt two of their top four players for Henry Sims and second round picks..

The Magic didn’t tank they are still recovering from trading Dwight Howard.

The Bucks are confusing because they have talent that just didn’t get it done at all this year. I was shocked they had the worst record.

Participant

Yeah the 76ers defintely tanked it would be fitting if they didn’t get a top 3 pick, but since I live near Philadelphia I still hope they get a top pick. The Sixers let every good free agent walk and then dealt two of their top four players for Henry Sims and second round picks..

The Magic didn’t tank they are still recovering from trading Dwight Howard.

The Bucks are confusing because they have talent that just didn’t get it done at all this year. I was shocked they had the worst record.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login