Gunnin' for the #1 spot in 2012

Lotto Stud
Gunnin' for the #1 spot in 2012

With everyone returning to school & High Schoolers coming in for this years Fr. class which means there will be a race for the #1 spot. Who will be this years pre-season #1 player in the 2012 mock & who will most likely be the #1 player when the Tourney ends next year? This will be a very tough race for players along with GM's with their draft boards. Next year a lot of teams will let their wants over exceed their needs.

• Harrison Barnes
  • Jared Sullinger
  • Perry Jones
  • Austin Rivers
  • Anthony Davis
  • Michael Gilchrist

Toronto16
Toronto16's picture
I think an extra year of

I think an extra year of college will do wonders for Perry Jones, and he may have a real shot at being pick first.

B Free
I don't know if Gilchrist

I don't know if Gilchrist should be on that list. If your going SF it has to be Barnes or Davis if you think he will play there.

Tyrober
Tyrober's picture
Clipper fans should be

Clipper fans should be jumping up and down. Minnesotas pick looks so valuable right now

Meditated States
Meditated States's picture
Next years draft is going to be loaded

I would try to get some pics If I was a rebuilding team for next year.

asams11
I don't think Sullinger

I don't think Sullinger should be in there either. He's good and dominant in college, but NBA teams will see him as undersized and more of a Big Baby Davis type in the pros. Barnes, Rivers, and Davis are the 3 that stand alone, imo.

Lotto Stud
I know tanking is a bad thing

I know tanking is a bad thing because nothing is guaranteed with a lotto but I pray my Nets end up with a Top 5 next year sad to say. Hopefully it's through a trade so we don't have to have another losing season. I would love to add 1 of those guys to this team.

Snubs15
Snubs15's picture
No love for quincy miller? I

No love for quincy miller? I figured hed be in that race as well.

B Free
I see at least a few people

I see at least a few people think Gilchrist could go number one, lets here some points not just negatives.

lalaila
lalaila's picture
YES for sure Quincy should be

YES for sure Quincy should be here..and even possibly as a front runner if not the injury

Lotto Stud
RobertFreeman

Tell us why Gilchrist shouldn't be a candidate since you are the only 1 to think so.

Heroescantdie
Quincy miller

Quincy miller should've been in there,if it wasnt for his injury, im sure, he'll be in that discusion... Give qmill some love

B Free
Fair enough, while he is the

Fair enough, while he is the top SF in this years class he has to compete with the top SF from last years class Barnes who is by far a more offensive talented player. Also Quincy Miller who many claim that had he played this year he would have been rated above Gilchrist. Gilchrist is a well rounded player who does alot of things well but as almost every scouting report you find on him says he isn't a great ball handler and isn't a peremiter player yet. He relys on his elite athleticism and chisled frame to dominate games. The Andre Igudola comparison on this site is pretty accurate but more like the college AI, he was also pretty raw coming in. The first pick is usually someone who can come in right away and contribute, a potential leading scorer or a 20pg 10reb big man if you are a SF, top pick in the NBA these day you are most likely a "Point Forward" who is also a SG and can have the offense run through you, right now Gilchrist is a run jump athlete with good size and defense but limited game for a wing.

ckelley015
freeman

why should he be in the discussion? gilchrist is probably the best competitor and versatile defender in the draft next . he would be a good defender in the league right now at 6-7 220 with a 6-11 wingspan. As a very hard worker and great athlete who knows where his offensive game could eventually get to. Just gotta work on that hitch in his jumper. also, he was bringin the ball up the court a few times in the Nike hoop summit game, his handles could use a little work but he attacks the hoop ferociously.

WizardofOz
WizardofOz's picture
I'm mad everybody's writing

I'm mad everybody's writing off Quincy Miller just because of the injury. He'll definitely be one of the frontrunners.

lalaila
lalaila's picture
so in conclusion i see you

so in conclusion i see you guys agree with me that MikeG and QMill are those two who gets underrated because of that deep class?

also, don't forget Q is still #4 in both DX and there and Gilchrist is early #2 on ESPN mock

BismarkBiyombo
Don't get me wrong I think

Don't get me wrong I also think Gilchrist is a top 5 pick I just think if a team is taking a SF its going to be Barnes.

Hitster
Hitster's picture
Anthony Davis is probably the

Anthony Davis is probably the most interesting prospect along with Austin Rivers as if either has a hot rookie college year then they could well become frontrunners on the mock drafts next season. I think that Barnes and Jones will both hold their draft stock very well but Sullinger may fall a little. He'll still surely be a top 8 or so pick but may not be a genuine top 3 contender. As always a lot will depend on who is drafting where and also how some of this year's draftees fair ( lockout permitting).

NiKoLa92
McAdoo

No McAdoo ?!

RSS: Syndicate content