Greece's Other 6'10" Point Guard - Linos Chrysikopoulos

European Basket...
Greece's Other 6'10" Point Guard - Linos Chrysikopoulos

Last year I introduced all of you to Greece's 6'10" point guard Giannis Antetokounmpo.

I endured much criticism, hate, mocking, and ridicule here for that. But in the end I was justified and proven right, as he was taken #15 in NBA draft.

Now, I want to focus some on another Greek player I have been talking about here several times before.

His name is Linos Chrysikopoulos, and he is also a 6'10" point guard, just like Antetokounmpo.

Chrysikopoulos is actually my favorite of all the Greek prospects. By prospect, I mean the players that are actually seen as for the future, are not quite ready yet. Not the ones like Pappas, Sloukas...guys like that I have talked about that are ready for top level players.

Chrysikopoulos is in same category as Antetokounmpo. He is still in developmental stage and is still a prospect.

If he was American, he would have just been like a college sophomore in this last season. So he is young. However, he is behind the other players in his age class, due to that he missed pretty much two whole seasons back to back with injury problems.

He had some kind of freak accident where he broke his leg during a game, and then it never recovered right. He was having problems with it for a long time and this also caused some kind of problem with his foot. So he missed like 2 seasons.

So of course, it set back his development from being like a college sophomore to being more like a high school senior.

But this kid is REALLY interesting player. He is 6'10" tall and he has a 7'1" wingspan. He can play at both ends of court (offense and defense) at point guard, shooting guard, small forward, and power forward.

In Italian League, he played in rotation of the club Biela. They used him as a power forward on defense, and on offense he played as either a stretch power forward, or as a point forward, running the offense and running pick and roll.

Then he moved to Greek League club PAOK (one of the bigger Greek clubs) and they used him at shooting guard and small forward on defense. At offense, they used him as a point, as he was bringing ball up court a lot and running the offense and pick and roll.

He has good abilities to be a good defender, and he has really good court vision and passing abilities. He also has NBA 3 point range. he can shoot off catch and shoot, or off dribble.

he can create either a shot for himself, or he can create a shot for others. He is good in open court and transition. He can also create and make mid range game too. He can drive to the basket and finish.

For a 6-10 this guy is a crazy good ball handler. I think this guy has a HUGE potential, because finally he came over his injury problems and all this last season he was healthy.

This season, he will play with PAOK in both Greek League and also in Eurocup, which is the 2nd European league after Euroleague.

If NBA does not draft him or he does not sign to NBA I will not be wrong either, just like I was not wrong with ones like Pappas and Papanikolaou, just that I was right again that NBA has bias against Greek players.

Chrysikopoulos is a HUGE talent and if he was American I am sure he would be a lotto pick in 2013 draft.

griffin777
You must be high if you think

You must be high if you think Giannis Antetokounmpo is a pg.

ktulu
If the entire post isn´t

If the entire post isn´t mockable, ending with " I was right again that NBA has bias against Greek players." should be enough.

JunkYardDog
JunkYardDog's picture
"But in the end I was

"But in the end I was justified and proven right, as he was taken #15 in NBA draft." (...)
"If NBA does not draft him or he does not sign to NBA I will not be wrong either, just like I was not wrong with ones like Pappas and Papanikolaou, just that I was right again that NBA has bias against Greek players."

you were proven right ?.... you told us the whole NBA was racist against greece and "has bias against Greek players" ... how could it be possible whereas the kid has being drafted ?

PS : you need an update on what is called a Point guard ...

McDunkin
McDunkin's picture
"Last year I introduced all

"Last year I introduced all of you to Greece's 6'10" point guard Giannis Antetokounmpo."

Nigerian 6'8" sf/pf

"I endured much criticism, hate, mocking, and ridicule here for that. But in the end I was justified and proven right, as he was taken #15 in NBA draft."

I still and will always criticize, hate, mock and ridicule you.

But while you're introducing us to Greek busts why don't you let me introduce you to my struggle. While you Spartans are eating Gyros and #$%# im over here eating ice cube sandwiches for breakfast!

Have you ever had to take a struggle shower my dude? A struggle shower is where your shower head breaks but you cant afford a plumber or a new one so I had to poke holes in a water bottle to duplicate a showerhead.

Raef LaFrentz
Raef LaFrentz's picture
You are my hero.

You are my hero.

Shyhill
Shyhill's picture
Trollololololol

Trollololololol

GottaBeTheShoes
I'm going to inform the Bucks

I'm going to inform the Bucks of this, who knew Giannis was a point guard..

juves4783
nba vs. greece

euroballer, i'm starting to agree with your greek/nba propaganda. my sources are telling me that david stern is behind this because he doesn't want to spend money on the additional letters on the back of their jerseys.

i've heard from numerous anonymous sources that the only reason giannis is being allowed in the nba is because he's going to start going by "bo" and that is what the back of his jersey will read.

Greek
Linos left behind

Yes he has some potential, but his progress is well below the expectations. For now i dont consider him as an NBA prospect, and he is no way 6'10,he is closer to 6;8

European Basket...
He was officially measured by

He was officially measured by the NBA at 6'10" genius.

BigMac12111
You've gotta be kidding me

"I endured much criticism, hate, mocking, and ridicule here for that. But in the end I was justified and proven right, as he was taken #15 in NBA draft."

He hasn't played one game for an NBA team. Just because he got drafted does not mean you were proven right; he has a very good shot to be a bust. I mean, the guy is going for averages of 10 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists on 40.7/50.0/68.8 shooting with 1.5 TO sprinkled in. All that in 30.3 minutes per game in a U20 competition. Yeah, totally proven right....

Makaros
Moving past the general

Moving past the general sillyness of the post...

You do realise that Papanikolaou was actually drafted right? You keep bringing his name up but check your facts first...

European Basket...
BS. He would have been a

BS. He would have been a lotto pick if he was American.

JunkYardDog
JunkYardDog's picture
it's ike &$#%#&@! in a violin

it's ike &$#%#&@! in a violin with him...

"I was not wrong"... you can year the 5 year old child in him

mcbailey
Isn't it a bit too early to

Isn't it a bit too early to celebrate when A) he hasn't started or played in a real NBA game yet and B)you were literally wrong about 90% of everything you ever said about him?

RSS: Syndicate content