This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar ncballer 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    valentine

I know theres a long time between now and the 2016 draft, but I thought I’d invite opportunities for those who enjoy following prospects well in advance of their first NBA game.

Chad Ford has updated his HS Senior Rankings and has it in this order

Ivan Rabb

Ben Simmons

Malik Newman

Diamond Stone

Henry Ellison

Stephen Zimmerman.

Do you agree with him? Who are you most optimistic about? 

Thon Maker looks set to reclassify also…so where does he fit in these rankings?

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

Ellison been balling but i don’t know if I’ll put him in the top 5.

Kokayne_Dawkinz
    Participant

Ellison been balling but i don’t know if I’ll put him in the top 5.

WITNESS2014
    Participant

From what ive seen Simmons looks like he should be number 1. 

WITNESS2014
    Participant

From what ive seen Simmons looks like he should be number 1. 

Ghost01
    Participant

I like Newman and Zimmerman, but that’s just me. 

Ghost01
    Participant

I like Newman and Zimmerman, but that’s just me. 

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

I feel like Ivan Rabb is getting overrated. Simmons and Newman are better right now and I think have higher ceilings.

ncballer

I agree about them being better right now.  Simmons may have a higher ceiling, i am not sure about Newman.  Rabb reminds me of a young Amare.

ncballer

I agree about them being better right now.  Simmons may have a higher ceiling, i am not sure about Newman.  Rabb reminds me of a young Amare.

he_gets_buckets
    Participant

I feel like Ivan Rabb is getting overrated. Simmons and Newman are better right now and I think have higher ceilings.

Kpersona
    Participant

I think Jaylen Brown from GA belongs in that top 5

Kpersona
    Participant

I think Jaylen Brown from GA belongs in that top 5

wildpfing
    Participant

If Maker reclassifies, he should be #1. 7 ft tall and can play like a guard… that doesn’t happen everyday. It’s early but he may be the kid people talk about being the next Durant, and it probably wouldn’t be that far-fetched.

wildpfing
    Participant

If Maker reclassifies, he should be #1. 7 ft tall and can play like a guard… that doesn’t happen everyday. It’s early but he may be the kid people talk about being the next Durant, and it probably wouldn’t be that far-fetched.

Moon River
    Participant

Like him a lot but where he will end up going to college has been very quiet.  I assume Wisconsin and Marquette will miss out on the best in state talent once again (Tokoto and Looney most recently).  Stone is a lock for the top 5 in this class. Quality big guy.

Moon River
    Participant

Like him a lot but where he will end up going to college has been very quiet.  I assume Wisconsin and Marquette will miss out on the best in state talent once again (Tokoto and Looney most recently).  Stone is a lock for the top 5 in this class. Quality big guy.

ncballer

I think he is going to UK with Newman.

ncballer

I think he is going to UK with Newman.

Cdubballer3
    Participant

Stephen Zimmerman should be ahead of Ivan Rabb, much more skilled as a player. Henry Ellison shouldn’t be here and where is Jaylen Brown?

Cdubballer3
    Participant

Stephen Zimmerman should be ahead of Ivan Rabb, much more skilled as a player. Henry Ellison shouldn’t be here and where is Jaylen Brown?

ncballer

Zimmerman has been playing really poor this summer, and Elleson completely made a fool of him dropping 23 on him, while Zimmerman had single digits.  He is simply not more skilled than Rabb.  Rabb has a combination of size, skill and developing strength that make him very Amare Stoudimire like and he has that potential.

Zimmerman has more potential than Elleson, but Elleson is clearly the better player now.  It really isn’t close actually.  

ncballer

Zimmerman has been playing really poor this summer, and Elleson completely made a fool of him dropping 23 on him, while Zimmerman had single digits.  He is simply not more skilled than Rabb.  Rabb has a combination of size, skill and developing strength that make him very Amare Stoudimire like and he has that potential.

Zimmerman has more potential than Elleson, but Elleson is clearly the better player now.  It really isn’t close actually.  

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login