Fact or Fiction 3/25/13

AwardedBaller
AwardedBaller's picture
Fact or Fiction 3/25/13

You guys know the game, 10 scenarios are they fact or fiction?

1) Marcus Smart is the best PG prospect in the 2013 draft.

2) Shabazz Muhammad will not be a top 5 pick.

3) If Jabari Parker has a better season than Andrew Wiggins statistically, he would be the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft.

4) FGCU can make a final four run.

5) Miami will make the final four.

6) Ben McLemore is playing himself out of the top pick.

7) Trey Burke will be a top 10 pick.

8) Victor Oladipo will be a top 5 pick.

9) Vander Blue is a 1st round pick.

10) Nerlens Noel enters the draft

Datboythere
1) Fact 2) Fiction 3)

1) Fact
2) Fiction
3) Fiction
4) Fact
5) Fiction
6) Fiction
7) Fiction
8) Fact
9) Fiction
10) Fact

Forte IV
Forte IV's picture
1. Fact 2. Fact 3. Fact 4.

1. Fact
2. Fact
3. Fact
4. Fiction
5. Fact
6. Fact
7. Fact
8. Fiction
9. Fiction
10. Fact

CAROLINA BLUE NICK
CAROLINA BLUE NICK's picture
Nice topic. I'll give it a

Nice topic. I'll give it a go

1) Fiction, I honestly prefer Burke over Smart. Even though Smart will probably get drafted before Burke.

2) Fiction, I still think he will go top 5. The teams that are currently projected wouldn't pass on him and this is a weak class.

3) This is a very good question and very hard for me to answer but I am going to say Fiction. Similar to how coming into the league Carmelo was the better player from an offensive standpoint than Lebron, Lebron had more to offer as an overall basketball player similar to Wiggins and as you can see, Lebron has surpassed Melo.

4) As much as it hurts me to say this, Fiction. I don't see them getting pass Florida and even if they did, they wouldn't beat Kansas who I think will represent the south in the Final Four.

5) Fiction. I don't see them beating Indiana. Indiana matches up well with them and has a little more depth than Miami too.

6) Fact, if he continues to play like he has, Noel or maybe Zeller will overtake him.

7) Fiction. I would change it depending on who ends up being top 10 but not a lot of teams other than Orlando really need a point. Maybe Sacramento or the Pelicans but other than that no.

8) Fiction.

9) Fact. If he comes out i think a team in the 1st round would take a change on him.

10) Fact. Like people have said in other threads, him not playing along with Kentucky losing while he has been out has made him appear more valuable. Strike while the iron is hot

Wahoo757
Wahoo757's picture
You guys know the game, 10

1) Marcus Smart is the best PG prospect in the 2013 draft: Fiction. I've long considered Smart to be overrated and actually think Trey Burke is slightly better.

2) Shabazz Muhammad will not be a top 5 pick. Fiction. His stock is down, but I bet he'll impress during individual workouts. He's still very talented, and should go top 5 based off of his talent and potential, even if he is coming in with a negative reputation.

3) If Jabari Parker has a better season than Andrew Wiggins statistically, he would be the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft. Fiction, Andrew Wiggins still has much more potential. Something would have to go pretty wrong for Wiggins to give up his top spot.

4) FGCU can make a final four run. Fact. Can they? Based off of how they played their last 2 games, sure they can. But will they? Probably not, but they've proved most of us wrong before.

5) Miami will make the final four. Fact. They have one of the best point guards in the nation, and have a very experienced group.

6) Ben McLemore is playing himself out of the top pick. Fact. If Nerlens Noel's knee heals as expected, he'll probably go #1 unless McLemore rebounds.

7) Trey Burke will be a top 10 pick. Fact. Great leadership, passing ability, good shooter.

8) Victor Oladipo will be a top 5 pick. Fiction. Not a great shooter, not much of a ball handler, probable role player in the league.

9) Vander Blue is a 1st round pick. Fiction. He's made a lot of strides this year, maybe next year he can continue work on his stroke and possibly be a 1st rounder next year, but I'd bet against it for this year.

10) Nerlens Noel enters the draft-Fact. Might go #1, definitely goes top 3. No reason for him to return and compete in a loaded draft class.

SgtMcSquiggles
In regard to #8, unless a

In regard to #8, unless a 64.1 2 point% and a 43.3 3 point % is bad then you just made a completely blind assumption. If you are going to be critical of a player atleast take a glance at his stats so you can kind of look like you know what you are talking about. And I am about 95% you are only saying he is a role player is because everyone on this forum/the consensus says he is a role player and is tony allen. I don't mean for this to be aggressive it is just frustrating when, from a statistical point of view, Oladipo is far and away the best SG in the draft.

SgtMcSquiggles
ignore

ignore

alinge
alinge's picture
1.Fact 2.Fact 3.Fiction 4.Fac

1.Fact
2.Fact
3.Fiction
4.Fact
5.Fiction
6.Fact
7.Fact
8.Fiction
9.Fiction
10.Fact

Tyrober
Tyrober's picture
You guys know the game, 10

1) Marcus Smart is the best PG prospect in the 2013 draft.
Fiction.
Smart CAN play point, just like Wade, Brandon Roy, and James Harden COULD play point. He is better at a 2guard imo.

2) Shabazz Muhammad will not be a top 5 pick.
Fact
He has talent, but now he is a year older. Not celebrating when his teammate made the game winner? Just not a fan.

3) If Jabari Parker has a better season than Andrew Wiggins statistically, he would be the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft.
Fiction
Both will be great, but Wiggins seems like he already has the #1 in the bag.

4) FGCU can make a final four run.
Fiction
Wouldn't it be fun though? The team looks for real, but after a team or two really scouts them it may be tough. Only takes 1 bad game to be done.

5) Miami will make the final four.
Fact
I think so. The team is very solid and the although the field is wide open I think they can make it.

6) Ben McLemore is playing himself out of the top pick.
Fact
Absolutely. Have to show up in the big dance. If he is still the #1 pick this shows you how weak this draft really is.

7) Trey Burke will be a top 10 pick.
Fact
He is the best PG in the draft. Should be a top 10 pick.

8) Victor Oladipo will be a top 5 pick.
Fact
This dude is the real deal. Could end up being the best player in the draft.

9) Vander Blue is a 1st round pick.
Fiction
Just not feeling it. Guaranteed money is hard to come by.

10) Nerlens Noel enters the draft
Fact
Absolutely. 100% a top 5 pick while injured? Declare now!

drk3351
drk3351's picture
1) Marcus Smart is the best

1) Marcus Smart is the best PG prospect in the 2013 draft. FACT

2) Shabazz Muhammad will not be a top 5 pick. FACT

3) If Jabari Parker has a better season than Andrew Wiggins statistically, he would be the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft. FICTION

4) FGCU can make a final four run. FICTION

5) Miami will make the final four. FICTION

6) Ben McLemore is playing himself out of the top pick. FICTION

7) Trey Burke will be a top 10 pick. FICTION

8) Victor Oladipo will be a top 5 pick. FACT

9) Vander Blue is a 1st round pick. FICTION

10) Nerlens Noel enters the draft FACT

King Calucha
King Calucha's picture
1) Marcus Smart is the best

1) Marcus Smart is the best PG prospect in the 2013 draft. FACT

2) Shabazz Muhammad will not be a top 5 pick. FICTION (Potential)

3) If Jabari Parker has a better season than Andrew Wiggins statistically, he would be the number 1 pick in the 2014 draft. FICTION (Don't think so)

4) FGCU can make a final four run. FICTION (I wish they did)

5) Miami will make the final four. FICTION (I wish they did, too)

6) Ben McLemore is playing himself out of the top pick. FICTION (Potential)

7) Trey Burke will be a top 10 pick. FACT (He has to be)

8) Victor Oladipo will be a top 5 pick. FICTION (He's good, but I don't see anyone taking him that high).

9) Vander Blue is a 1st round pick. FICTION (meh)

10) Nerlens Noel enters the draft FACT (He has to seize the opportunity).

BasketballJunkie224
BasketballJunkie224's picture
1.) Fiction, i wouldnt say

1.) Fiction, i wouldnt say burke is necesarally better than him but its extremely close...too close to call fact

2.) Fiction, as much as i can picture draft night happening and them talking about 'bazz is still waiting to get picked' i think he will be a top 5 pick. closer to 4 or 5 tho IMO

3.) Fiction, I think unless wiggins dosnt live up to the hype next year then he has the #1 pick all locked up. if they play the same wiggins still gets the nod, if parker has a better year id say wiggins still goes 1. the only way wiggins wont go 1 is if he underachieves

4.) Fact, they CAN but that dosnt mean they WILL, anythings possible, should be interesting

5.) Fact, I really think they will. they should be fine against marquette and then all thats left is indy/cuse. I think they will do it.

6.) Fact, he isnt helping his cause at all. especially because the tourney is the biggest stage and he has been ghost but i mean i honestly think it will come down to the pre draft camp and everything. for example, even tho he wasnt a #1 pick, dion waiters jumped like a million spots last year because of the combine so that has a lot to do with it. as for the present, mcLemore is leaving room on the table for other players to be considered.

7.)Fiction. He very well could be especially if mich beats kansas and goes even further it will help his stock but i just dont see him going in the top 10 or even the lottery for that matter. he may be the best PG in most peoples eyes but i think smart and mcw will both get drafted before him

8.) Fiction, like the post above, it could happen but i just dont see it playing out like that

9.) Fiction, he needs to stay another year.

10.) Fact, IMO he has to declare. theres really no other option

B-ball fan
1. Fiction - Could happen,

1. Fiction - Could happen, but I'll take the field.

2. Fact - He is just too unpolished right now. Ben McLemore, Otto Porter and Victor Oladipo should go ahead of him.

3. Fiction - The disparity would have to be pretty large for a team to overlook Wiggins' potential

4. Fact- It is highly unlikely, however.

5. Fiction - Indiana will beat them.

6. Fiction - This draft lacks any players without question marks, and I can't name 5 prospects in this draft who are better than McLemore, much less 10. He is just a really high floor player in a draft that lacks any elite prospects.

7. Fact - He will be the second pg selected.

8. Fact - Super productive and has a great all around game. His lack of perceived upside could cause him to slip, however.

9. Fiction - I don't think he will declare

10. Fact - Too much risk in returning.

zKevo
Fact or Fiction

1)Fiction
2)Fact
3)Fiction
4)Fiction
5)Fact
6)Fact
7)Fiction
8)Fiction
9)Fiction
10)Fact

SgtMcSquiggles
1) Fiction 2) Fiction, not

1) Fiction
2) Fiction, not really sure if he won't be, but he sure as hell doesn't deserve it.
3) Fact, or atleast he should be.
4) Fiction
5) Fiction
6) Fact
7) Fact
8) Fact
9) Fiction
10) Fact

RSS: Syndicate content