Extremely Bold Prediction: The Number One Pick in the 2014 NBA Draft Will Be

princejames
princejames's picture
Extremely Bold Prediction: The Number One Pick in the 2014 NBA Draft Will Be

Extremely Bold Prediction: The Number One Pick in the 2014 NBA Draft Will Be Jabari Parker or Julius Randle. And Andrew Wiggens won't live up to the overwhelming hype, but will still show the potential to be a good & valuable NBA player and ultimately end up being a top 10 pick.

Why?

I've absolutely been in love for the last 2 years with the extremely high skill level, great feel for the game, and tremendous versatility that Jabari Parker possesses ( example: Jabari naturally has the ability to play all 5 positions on the basketball court at the college level - PG, SG, SF, PF, and Center ).
And when judging players, I've always embraced what I call the Larry Bird Factor, in which the best player will always be the player that has the most basketball skills, the highest level of basketball skills, and the greatest level of basketball understanding. For example Kobe Bryant or Lebron James are the best basketball players in the world. Because they possess the most and highest level of basketball skills and the greatest level of basketball understanding. And in my opinion Jabari is the most skilled player who also possesses the best feel for the game when being compared to any other 2014 NBA Draft Prospect. Jabari also possesses an overall talent level that is similar to Carmello Anthony, Antwon Walker, and Grant Hill. And thus I absolutely expect Jabari to have a great season playing for duke. Which will lead to many NBA teams wanting Jabari to be a key part and/or maybe even the face of their franchise

I love Julius Randle as a prospect because he's able to combine great dynamic combo forward skills with great physical tools, and great mental & physical toughness. I think that he might be the only player in college who has the talent, skills, physicality, and desire to destroy and dominate his opponents. He simply wants to chew up and spit out every opponent he goes up against. He will be in beast mode every time he steps on the court this college basketball season - guaranteed. And I just love players like that because In my opinion what separates a good player from a great player a lot of times is who possesses the greatest level of Mental Skills (toughness, heart, confidence, passion, aggressiveness, competiveness, etc.). And I grew up watching guys like Charles Barkely and Karl Malone dominate against their competition because they possessed the talent and mental skills needed to dominate. And I think that Julius possesses those same unique qualities that will lead to many NBA teams wanting Julius to be a key part and/or maybe even the face of their franchise. Julius also possesses an overall talent level that is similar to Zach Randolph, Amari Stadomire, and Terry Cummings.

I feel bad for Andrew Wiggens, because he's a talented high school prospect who has been given extremely high expectations with-out possessing the elite skill level that will give him the opportunity to achieve greatness. He's a talented defender, talented athlete, and extremely dynamic finisher around the rim. But his skill level development has a long way to go before I can start to compare him to all-time greats. Right now Andrew in my opinion possesses a talent level that is similar to a young and very athletic Shawn Marion, Andre Igudala, Michael Kidd Gilchrist, and Corey Brewer.

OaktownWarriors
OaktownWarriors's picture
my choice..

If I member right? For the NBA draft, a team will draft a PF before taking a SF, right? So if someone like Randle has big season, I could see him going first?

Hale
Hale's picture
This post sucks because while

This post sucks because while Parker/Randle may indeed go before Wiggins, it won't be for the reasons you stated. Parker can't play C in the NBA and probably couldn't play the 4 either. You also mention Kobe in the same breath as LeBron, which right now, is a joke.

princejames
princejames's picture
You sound very foolish.......

You sound very foolish, because I've never said that Jabari can play center in the NBA, but I did say that I love Jabari's versatility because of his ability to play all 5 positions on the college level. I've personally watched guys like Micheal Beasely and Antwon Jamison play center on the college level. But ultimately end up being combo forwards in the NBA.

Also don't ever disrespect Kobe Bryant like that Again. Kobe is a legend, a hall of famer, and arguably the greatest player of all-time. Lebron James should be happy just to be mentioned as a decent rival to the great talent that Kobe Possesses.

Also, let me ask you a question. If you had to choose between Kobe and Lebron to play in one game to save the entire world from destruction. Who would you choose?

My choice would be kobe, because kobe is a fearless, extremely confident, and mentally tough player in the clutch. Who has consistently proven that when needed he's able to play at his very best and ultimately give his team a great chance to win. While LeBron is an weak minded, easily frustrated, and average player in the clutch who easily can lose confidence in high pressure, tense or critical situations, when things don't go his way

Hale
Hale's picture
Who cares who would win 1 on

Who cares who would win 1 on 1? Basketball is a team sport and Kobe isn't on the same planet as LeBron as an all around basketball player right now. If you think differently that is due to your ignorance, not mine. There is a reason you have almost -500 points and it isn't because people hate you, it's because all your posts are terrible.

princejames
princejames's picture
LOL!!! Look Man

LOL!!! Look Man I come to this website to just talk about basketball when I'm in the mood to exchange opinions about a variety of basketball topics. I could care less about how many negative points I receive from members and about what people think about my post. If you do not agree with my opinions it's ok with me, but please learn how to treat members of this website with respect and tact ( meaning - Acute sensitivity to what is proper and appropriate in dealing with others, including the ability to speak or act without offending )

Previous post of mine that I quess you consider to be terrible

http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/bold-prediction-harrison-barnes-will-be-al...
http://nbadraft.net/forum/upside-and-potential-tony-wroten-updated-version
http://www.nbadraft.net/forum/bold-prediction-marcus-smart-will-scouting...
http://nbadraft.net/forum/sorry-guys-im-not-sold-ben-mclemore-elite-leve...

Hale
Hale's picture
I'm done with respecting

I'm done with respecting those who can't put together a coherent thought more than once every 70 posts. If you say something stupid, you will be called out for it.

princejames
princejames's picture
This is a very dumb argument between us

This is a very dumb argument between us, you have every right to say whatever you want say about my post, it's your prerogative and it's my prerogative. Be as rude, ignorant, or disrespectful as you want to be. The fact of the matter is that 90% of what I post is true in my opinion. So in reality your opinion doesn't really matter to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cDLZqe735k

Toronto16
Toronto16's picture
Wiggins will shut up everyone

Wiggins will shut up everyone who thinks he is not going to be the best player in NCAA basketball this season.

jwall1
Anything can happen, but when

Anything can happen, but when you mentioned Larry Bird/Kobe and Lebron your argument went down the tubes. A guy like larry bird could not dominate the league like he did simply because he did not have the athleticism. Kobe (in his prime) and Lebron were/are the most highly skilled AND elite athletes. Parker is not an elite athlete. As good as Parker may become, this lack of athleticism will cap his potential. If anything, I would argue Randle could take the number one pick due to his freakish athleticism and skill, and that would only be if Wiggins has a disappointing year.

417basketballfan
wiggins

I went to a KU practice a week ago and wow are they loaded. Wiggins was good but he didn't stand out as number 1 pick good. The 7 foot freshmen was more impressive as well as selden. Wiggins was very explosive but his jumpsuit was very shaky. So I agree that Wiggins probably won't be the number 1 pick. I know it's just 1 practice and I could be wrong but he didn't separate himself at all at practice, he was just average. He's still gonna be a good player but often times being good in aau doesn't correlate to an organized college team. I'm sure he will figure some things out and get better but the lebron comparisons and the for sure number 1 pick conversations are ridiculous.

Memphis Madness
I wonder who the Magic would

I wonder who the Magic would pick if they had the top pick. Wiggins would be an insane athlete next to Oladipo but neither guy can shoot that well. Jabari Parker might be a good balance there. Or, Julius Randle to go with Vucevic inside.

The Sixers are the front runners. Wiggins would be great, but so would Randle or Parker. They could use either of the top 3 guys right now.

If the Sacramento Kings get the top pick they will probably be a lock to take Andrew Wiggins. They have the inside beast in DeMarcus Cousins and Ben McLemore as their shooter. Wiggins would be their slasher and athlete. He would also sell a lot of tickets and jerseys and make the Kings cool again.

Not sure what Utah would do. They have Gordon Hayward on the wing, so I am not sure if either Wiggins or Jabari Parker would be a good fit for him. Then they have Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors inside, so I am not sure that Julius Randle would be a great fit either.

If the Bucks tank and end up with the top pick I think that Andrew Wiggins would be the obvious choice. The Bucks need a super star and someone to market. Wiggins would be that guy. He would also fit in with Larry Sanders and John Henson and Illasyova with OJ Mayo and Brandon Knight taking care of the backcourt scoring. Then again, they do have the Greek freak. If he and Wiggins could play together on the wing that would be one heck of a team in a few years.

The Boston Celtics could go with an athletic, up-tempo team with Andrew Wiggins on the wing with Jeff Green and Kelly Olynyk inside. Then at guard you have Rajon Rondo and Avery Bradley. Not the best shooting team, but a team that can get from baseline to baseline pretty quick. That would be the most fun young Celtics team to watch since the old Reggie Lewis and Dee Brown teams. The NBA would also love it if Andrew Wiggins goes to an elite club like the Boston Celtics.

I don't see the Lakers being bad enough to get the top pick. If they do get the top pick then people will scream CONSPIRACY. If the Lakers win the lottery then I think they go with the flashiest guy on the board in Andrew Wiggins. Kobe and Wiggins (with Pau) might be enough to get LeBron to sign with LA for a new Lakers dynasty. LeBron, Kobe, and Wiggins would be tough to beat. On paper, a lineup of Nash, Kobe, Wiggins, LeBron, and Pau looks like a 70 win team.

Right now, the Sixers are the front runner, the Kings might be the best fit for Wiggins, with the Celtics being the sleeper team for the top pick (as well as a great spot for Wiggins). The Bucks are the wild card here. Do they make a push for the playoffs or do they tank for a chance to get Andrew Wiggins?

Let's see what happens! Great races at the top of the league with the championship on the line, and great races at the bottom of the league for a top 3 pick. And, as usual, the teams in the middle are screwed.

flopdownD
I kindof agree, one my my

I kindof agree, one my my last posts on WIggins i was getting mad negged when i said he dominated highschool in a Pf manner.

On one of my other posts i said i wouldnt be surprised if he wasnt the 1st pick, with jabari and randle in the race, even Smart

All before he even went to college.

Tongue-Out-Like-23
Tongue-Out-Like-23's picture
2 of the Top-3 prospects

2 of the Top-3 prospects going #1 isn't exactly an "extremely bold prediction"

RSS: Syndicate content