These were the rules for the Bobcats
•The Charlotte Bobcats Expansion Draft will take place on June 22 (if the NBA Finals extend to seven games, it will be June 23), prior to the 2004 NBA Draft on June 24.
• The Bobcats will select a minimum of 14 players who are under contract or restricted free agents for the 2004-05 season.
• The Bobcats may select no more than one player from each team.
• The Bobcats can only select players that are left unprotected by an NBA team.
• Each of the 29 NBA teams may protect a maximum of eight players on its roster who are under contract or are restricted free agents at the conclusion of the 2003-04 season.
• Each of the 29 NBA teams will designate the players on its roster who are eligible for selection by the Bobcats.
• Each of the 29 NBA teams must designate at least one player on its roster to be eligible for selection by the Bobcats, even if the team does not have eight players under contract or as restricted free agents for the 2004-05 season.
• Any player under contract selected by the Bobcats will immediately be placed on the Bobcats roster.
• Any eligible restricted free agent selected by the Bobcats shall immediately become an unrestricted free agent.
also get the 4th pick in the draft and a early second rounder.
Is it 2004 already?
I agree, those were the rules for the Charlotte Bobcats expansion draft. Your contribution has been invaluable
...this is what it took to finally get me to register? Funny!
Anyhoo-giving this poster the benefit of the doubt, seems he confused 2004 with 201...4?
Nope, that doesn't work either-what a knucklehead!
Should have named it 4theLoss!!!
U smokin' weed every day?