This topic contains 28 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar lalaila 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    sitlbito
    Participant

Yesterday,we got the first game of the semi finals with France and Spain,winners of Latvia and Greece. Today 2 other teams will join them in the semi finals.

Serbia-Czech Republic: 12.30 pm eastern

Lithuania-Italy: 3 pm eastern

trelos6
    Participant

Not even close.  3/4 quarters are one sided affairs.

Greece v Spain was a classic, and I’m looking forward to Italy v Serbia, France v Spain (the rematch)

trelos6
    Participant

Not even close.  3/4 quarters are one sided affairs.

Greece v Spain was a classic, and I’m looking forward to Italy v Serbia, France v Spain (the rematch)

sitlbito
    Participant

I wouldn’t count Lithuania out . Like,at all. Much more experienced team,and if Bargnani doesn’t play,Valanciunas will have a lot of fun down there. Italy’s rotation inside is really poor.

sitlbito
    Participant

I wouldn’t count Lithuania out . Like,at all. Much more experienced team,and if Bargnani doesn’t play,Valanciunas will have a lot of fun down there. Italy’s rotation inside is really poor.

herceg_buku
    Participant

Lithuania will beat Italy. Italy just isnt good enoughthey have a few studs that produce (Galinari, Gentile and Bellineli),but that is it. No one else steps up for them.

herceg_buku
    Participant

Lithuania will beat Italy. Italy just isnt good enoughthey have a few studs that produce (Galinari, Gentile and Bellineli),but that is it. No one else steps up for them.

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

I took Lithuania +3.5 vs Italy.. I think Lithuania is gonna roll and might win

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

sitlbito
    Participant

Serbia 89-75 Czech Republic. The difference was made in the last 5 minutes,the Czech actually came within 4 at the end of the third. Off to the classification round for the Czech. Zoran Erceg led the Serbs with 20 points,Raduljica had 16. Bjelica had 14 and 10 but fouled out and didn’t play his best game overall,but found a way to be effective. Kudos to the Czech,Vesely had 23,Satorasnky had 20. Both had a terrific tournament and I hope they’ll qualifyfor the olympic qualifying tournament.

zolazola
      zola
      Participant

You forgot to mention amazing 14 assists by Teodosic plus 12 points

sitlbito
        Participant

Yep,correct!

sitlbito
        Participant

Yep,correct!

zolazola
      zola
      Participant

You forgot to mention amazing 14 assists by Teodosic plus 12 points

sitlbito
    Participant

Serbia 89-75 Czech Republic. The difference was made in the last 5 minutes,the Czech actually came within 4 at the end of the third. Off to the classification round for the Czech. Zoran Erceg led the Serbs with 20 points,Raduljica had 16. Bjelica had 14 and 10 but fouled out and didn’t play his best game overall,but found a way to be effective. Kudos to the Czech,Vesely had 23,Satorasnky had 20. Both had a terrific tournament and I hope they’ll qualifyfor the olympic qualifying tournament.

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

Serbias offense is so good, I really hope they win the whole thing

Robb_CRobb_C
    Robb_C
    Participant

Serbias offense is so good, I really hope they win the whole thing

trelos6
    Participant

Jonas Valanciunas with a HUGE game to lead Lithuania to the semis. 

trelos6
    Participant

Jonas Valanciunas with a HUGE game to lead Lithuania to the semis. 

sitlbito
    Participant

Lithuania 95-85 Italy in ovetime. That was one heck of a basketball game! Teams just going back and forth and back and forth. Valanciunas has a monster game(26 points on 11-13,15 rebounds),Maciulis was terrific as well with 19. It was a shooting contest in the second half with the mommentum swinging one way ,then the other. Bargnani had a team-high 21 points(but a team worst -18),Gallinari added 17. Next step for Lithuania:Serbia in the semi-finals. Next step for Italy:Czech Republic for a place in the olympic qualifying tournament next year. 

sitlbito
    Participant

Lithuania 95-85 Italy in ovetime. That was one heck of a basketball game! Teams just going back and forth and back and forth. Valanciunas has a monster game(26 points on 11-13,15 rebounds),Maciulis was terrific as well with 19. It was a shooting contest in the second half with the mommentum swinging one way ,then the other. Bargnani had a team-high 21 points(but a team worst -18),Gallinari added 17. Next step for Lithuania:Serbia in the semi-finals. Next step for Italy:Czech Republic for a place in the olympic qualifying tournament next year. 

lalaila
    Participant

Oooohhhh guys believe me it was crazy game to watch as a lithuania with such a great feeling at the end. 

Both Jonas played fantastic!

Much respect for Italy too.

On a side note how do you think would it be possible for Jonas Maciulis to play in the NBA as a 3 and D guy. He was nearly unstoppable in the last two games with 32pts 4stls before 19&10 today

sitlbito
      Participant

He could knock down threes in the NBA no doubt. 3 and D? not sure about his defense …

sitlbito
      Participant

He could knock down threes in the NBA no doubt. 3 and D? not sure about his defense …

lalaila
    Participant

Oooohhhh guys believe me it was crazy game to watch as a lithuania with such a great feeling at the end. 

Both Jonas played fantastic!

Much respect for Italy too.

On a side note how do you think would it be possible for Jonas Maciulis to play in the NBA as a 3 and D guy. He was nearly unstoppable in the last two games with 32pts 4stls before 19&10 today

lalaila
    Participant

At least he rebounds like a pf and is one of the leaders in steals in this tournament, he could be fine

lalaila
    Participant

At least he rebounds like a pf and is one of the leaders in steals in this tournament, he could be fine

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login