This topic contains 30 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar mamadou 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Chrischi
    Participant

So who’s watching the Euro-Championsips? What do you think of the games so far?

Who’s your favorite to win it? Any players with chances to play in the NBA?

In my opinion:

Biggest favorites are probably Spain, Serbia and Greece

Other teams with a chance to suprise: Turkey, France, Germany, Italy, Lithuania

Italy is probably out. They’re in the killer group together with France, Germany, Isreal, Serbia and Latvia. They’re already 0-2 and have to be 3-2 to get to the next round. They have to win all three games, one against France if want to keep their chances alive.

Yesterday I watched Germany – Italy. Very intense game. Early in the game Italy played perfect D against Dirk. Kept hacking him, flopped a little and played him tight trying to force others to shoot. Bargnani played very solid 1v1 defense vs Kaman. Kaman really tried to win it alone by whacking up some bad shots which really hurt Germany. Luckily German role players stepped up big time so when Kaman heated up in the 4th quarter, Germany could pull away.

Highlights

Full Game

Right now Italy play against Latvia and they look awful, they show no determination, whack up bad shots and don’t go after rebounds.

Tonight France vs Germany. Probably 10 NBA players + a couple of German NBA prospects in Tim Ohlbrecht Tibor Pleiss and Robin Benzig.

So if you miss the NBA, watch the Eurobasket 😉

meisi4
    Participant

i am watching but i was only able to catch the two german games so far.

but from what i saw germany looks really good.  

meisi4
    Participant

meisi4
    Participant

David Stern a.k.a. da muthaf@cking leader of da krypts
    Participant

I think the favorites are Turkey, Lithuania, Germany and Spain. Spain has been horrible so far but they have a lot of talent so you can’t count them out. Many people underrate Lithuania because it’s a small country, but they were 3rd in the Fiba world championship last summer, and they’re the home country this year. Turkey vs. Lithuania tonight will be interesting to watch.

THE GAME LIVE >> allsport-live.ru/eng/tv.php

Participant

I think the favorites are Turkey, Lithuania, Germany and Spain. Spain has been horrible so far but they have a lot of talent so you can’t count them out. Many people underrate Lithuania because it’s a small country, but they were 3rd in the Fiba world championship last summer, and they’re the home country this year. Turkey vs. Lithuania tonight will be interesting to watch.

Participant

J-Bo
      Participant

Not that bad, really… Spain is getting sweet…

J-Bo
      Participant

J-Bo
      Participant

J-Bo
    Participant

Lithuania, Turkey and of course Spain (vamos España!!!) are the biggest favourites to me.

Spain is playing already well… Marc, Pau and Ibaka are too big for the rest… and Navarro, Rudy, Calderón and Ricky are doing their things as well.

Spain is rolling the first three games… next match (sunday) Spain vs Lithuania and (monday) Spain vs Turkey.

Monday night i could tell you if i was right.

J-Bo
    Participant

Lithuania, Turkey and of course Spain (vamos España!!!) are the biggest favourites to me.

Spain is playing already well… Marc, Pau and Ibaka are too big for the rest… and Navarro, Rudy, Calderón and Ricky are doing their things as well.

Spain is rolling the first three games… next match (sunday) Spain vs Lithuania and (monday) Spain vs Turkey.

J-Bo
    Participant

lbj_6

I’m following the eurobasket and i’m for france. my favorite to win is spain. @chirschi :Italia just passed the first round. I hope french guard andrew albicy will go to nba, but Kevin Seraphin was doing nice things with no game tim before euro basket to start. For tonight i hope france will win but nowitzki will be too hot!

lbj_6

I’m following the eurobasket and i’m for france. my favorite to win is spain. @chirschi :Italia just passed the first round. I hope french guard andrew albicy will go to nba, but Kevin Seraphin was doing nice things with no game tim before euro basket to start. For tonight i hope france will win but nowitzki will be too hot!

lbj_6

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

Andrea Bargnani has taken 54 shots and has 0 assists through 3 games. I think Nick Young even has to snicker at that one.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

Andrea Bargnani has taken 54 shots and has 0 assists through 3 games. I think Nick Young even has to snicker at that one.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

JunkYardDog
    Participant

lithuania will be a freak to play… as serbia and maybe spain if they wake up.

france surprised me with that win against germany and played poorly but won (I’m french).

I still think germany could go to the semis.

JunkYardDog
    Participant

france surprised me with that win against germany and played poorly but won (I’m french).

JunkYardDog
    Participant

mamadou
      Participant

surprised by a win over germany ?

Really ?

With no bench at all, an awfull diaw, noah and diaw starting 0/10 FG after 21 minutes, up 21 in the 4th…

Except dirk and kaman, that’s garbage, they won against italia in the last 3 minutes while italia was shooting 30%, a great bargnani like always…

poor basketball, poor ball movement, they’re a tall team but not a good team, true lack of quality guards.

Absolutley no way they past the 2nd round, so even less to the semi, no dirk at london fo sho.

Tony parker easily mvp of the tournament after 3 games,  28-7 with only 4 TO, beastin’…

Lithuania-spain, a foretaste of final tonight…

mamadou
      Participant

Really ?

With no bench at all, an awfull diaw, noah and diaw starting 0/10 FG after 21 minutes, up 21 in the 4th…

Except dirk and kaman, that’s garbage, they won against italia in the last 3 minutes while italia was shooting 30%, a great bargnani like always…

poor basketball, poor ball movement, they’re a tall team but not a good team, true lack of quality guards.

Absolutley no way they past the 2nd round, so even less to the semi, no dirk at london fo sho.

Tony parker easily mvp of the tournament after 3 games,  28-7 with only 4 TO, beastin’…

mamadou
      Participant

Really ?

apb540
    Participant

Jesus we need the lockout to be over. 

apb540
    Participant

apb540
    Participant

bobbyb
    Participant

sunday   lithunia vs spain     lithuania will win , in usual comeback fashion!

bobbyb
    Participant

bobbyb
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login