This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by AvatarAvatar BothTeamsPlayedHard 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    mikeyvthedon
    Participant

Anyone watching the action? I am not able to at the moment, but I see that Spain is up on Germany 66-63, with  3:33 left. Pau was playing (heard he had a bad ankle, nothing to serious), Marc had 22 when I last checked and Dirk had 19. Well, here are the teams that made it to round 2:

Group A

Spain

Lithuania

Turkey

Group B

France (Undefeated)

Serbia

Germany

Group C

Macedonia

Greece

Finland

Group D

Russia

Slovenia

Georgia

Be back with more later, but if anyone is watching would love to hear thoughts and opinions. One thing I do know is that Rubio has been putting in less than a bucket per game (1.8) and was scoreless in this one the last time I checked. Any worries from Minnesota fans? I would not look to much into it, Ricky will definitely be more of a distributor than a scorer, but his shooting woes seem to continue from his down year during the season in Euroleague/ACB.

lbj_6

france is winning at the end of the 3rd quarter by 13! go france and go to finals. My opinion is that france is playing very well and omer asik is a monster, gelabale shoots like an angel and tony parker was a monster in  this 3rd quarter. At the end of the quarter, Ali Traoré did a super nice job, in 30 seconds, 1 basket, 1 block and provocked 1 faul. I think spain will win.

lbj_6

france is winning at the end of the 3rd quarter by 13! go france and go to finals. My opinion is that france is playing very well and omer asik is a monster, gelabale shoots like an angel and tony parker was a monster in  this 3rd quarter. At the end of the quarter, Ali Traoré did a super nice job, in 30 seconds, 1 basket, 1 block and provocked 1 faul. I think spain will win.

lbj_6

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

1) Tony Parker is doing for France what Derrick Rose had to do for the Bulls, try to make Joakim Noah look good. He is a treat.

2) Bo McCalebb is dominating competition like only NBA players typically do. Raise your hand if you had Macedonia going 6-1 to this point.

3) Fighting Dirks vs. Lietuva tomorrow. If Germanys win and Serbia beats Turkey (Serbia/Turkey plays first), the Germans would need a victory of 11 points or more to finish in the top four and advance. Basketball isn’t a sport where point differential should ever come into play.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

1) Tony Parker is doing for France what Derrick Rose had to do for the Bulls, try to make Joakim Noah look good. He is a treat.

2) Bo McCalebb is dominating competition like only NBA players typically do. Raise your hand if you had Macedonia going 6-1 to this point.

3) Fighting Dirks vs. Lietuva tomorrow. If Germanys win and Serbia beats Turkey (Serbia/Turkey plays first), the Germans would need a victory of 11 points or more to finish in the top four and advance. Basketball isn’t a sport where point differential should ever come into play.

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

Serbia beat Turkey. It is going to be really funny if Germany has a five-point lead with about a minute to go. Do they start fouling with 30 seconds to go in order to trade 1 or 2 for 3? Isn’t that how riots start?

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

Serbia beat Turkey. It is going to be really funny if Germany has a five-point lead with about a minute to go. Do they start fouling with 30 seconds to go in order to trade 1 or 2 for 3? Isn’t that how riots start?

BothTeamsPlayedHard
    Participant

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login