ESPN's latest pandering, Knicks supposedly able to get a first rounder in 2011 for possible Melo trade

BothTeamsPlayedHard
BothTeamsPlayedHard's picture
ESPN's latest pandering, Knicks supposedly able to get a first rounder in 2011 for possible Melo trade

From ESPN's Chris Sheridan's twitter feed

Source tells me the NY Knicks have a deal available to acquire a No. 1 draft pick in 2011 for use in a C.Anthony trade, if talks revived.

The Scare Crow ...
One question though

Who on that roster is worth a 1st round pick...Amare...no he's not getting traded...Gallo??? I don't think anyone trades for him by offering a # 1 Pick...Randolph...he came to camp out of shape and has been a bust so far anyway...Chandler??? they ain't getting draft pick for him...who can they trade...Curry is hurt and can't be traded...Felton is their PG and no one wnats to give up a pick for him...Who and how are they trading for a 1st round pick???

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Why is it Pandering?

Why is it Pandering?

Mr. 19134
Mr. 19134's picture
I would trade a first rounder

I would trade a first rounder for Gallo, and a late first rounder for Randolph maybe. But they can def get a first rounder for Gallo but I wouldn't just give him away, the dude is a beast and is the second coming of PEJA!

the lake show
Huh??  Why wouldn't a team

Huh??  Why wouldn't a team trade a first round pick for those players?  You do know all first round picks are stars right?  All those guys are worth a first rounder. You think they are worth just a second rounder?  There are 30 picks in round one you don't think any of those young players the knicks have are first round talent?

Toronto16
Toronto16's picture
Knicks aren't getting Melo

Knicks aren't getting Melo till the offseason.

Mr. 19134
Mr. 19134's picture
The Nuggets are going to

The Nuggets are going to trade him. They know that he isn't resigning with them so why are they going to let him walk away without getting anything in return?

It's just a matter of talking Melo out of only playing in New York. Which isn't going to be easy but if he winds up in Chicago or Orlando and they got a better chance of winning a title before New York does, you can bet he's going to resign there.

llperez
llperez's picture
depending on the team, of

depending on the team, of course gallo and randolph are worth first round pick. Problem is that i would imagine denver would want those guys AS WELL as a first rounder. This doesnt really explain much though so its all just specualtion.

The Scare Crow ...
My point is this...

Who trades a pick that be can anywhere in the Draft ...1-30 for Gallo,Randolph,Chandler or Walker/Douglas combo...

Are any of those guys tiping the scales on your franchise to the point you trade a blind pick for him...any deal would have to be player for player deal...

NO TEAM THAT HAS A CHANCE TO BE IN THE LOWER HALF OF THE DRAFT WILL TRADE A DRAFT PICK TO THE KNICKS SO THEY CAN GET CARMELO ANTHONY...

NOT WHEN THEY CAN PLAY OUT THE SEASON, SEE WHAT PICK YOU GET IN THE DRAFT AND THEN SEE WHO'S WORTH WHAT AFTER THE SEASON...

ANY PICK THEY GET WILL BE A LATE 1ST ROUNDER FROM A CONTENDER,A TEAM LIKE THE SPURS OR MAGIC I COULD SEE MAKE A PLAY FOR A GUY LIKE GALLO...THE MAGIC WOULD MAYBE OFFER GORTAT AND THEIR 1ST ROUND PICK FOR GALLO AND FILLER

Mr. 19134
Mr. 19134's picture
I really woundn't trade

I really woundn't trade Gallo, him and Stoudemire would be the only 2 untouchables on the whole team if I'm New York. Gallo can become on of the best shooters in the world if he isn't already. Not to mention he's 6'10, athletic, a got a pretty well rounded offensive game. And his body even filled out this year so don't expect to be pushing him around like you could before.

the lake show
Chandler is also worth a

Chandler is also worth a first round pick. And player  with his skills and putting up 14ppg or whatever he's been putting up is worth a first round pick. Maybe not lotto but a first round for sure

What's the percentage of 1st round picks that tip the scales of a franchise?  Like 25percent max?  Probably less

the lake show
Let's use gallo as a example.

Let's use gallo as a example. You trade him for a first round pick with restrictions which you bse that on how high you think gallos upside ranks to you. If you think he's a top
10 you have the pick protected from 10 and below. Top15? 15 and below. Etc

yankees1
Melo Knicks ?

If and when Denver trades Melo, they will be looking to obtain young talent and a high draft pick or two as part of the deal. ( this of course has been mentioned many times).If the Knicks were to obtain a 2011 1st round pick, would it have the possibility of being a lottery pick that Denver is seeking ? That is why the Nets deal with Denver was enticing. Even with Melo, the Nets were still probably a lottery team.

As for Melo becoming a free agent and signing with the Knicks… With a new collective bargaining agreement for next year do you think Melo would risk losing major money by not signing a 3 year 65 million extension before seasons end ? I do believe that Denver will trade Melo to either N.J. , Houston ( they have young talent to surrender and the option of sending the Knicks 2011 pick that could be in the lottery), or perhaps Philly, Portland or even the Clippers. I just don’t see Melo walking away from a boat load of money . And I do not believe the rumors that he will only sign an extension with the Knicks or Bulls. This of course is only my opinion.

The Scare Crow ...
The Nba is going bye bye for a while

Their will be a lock out and when the New CBA is in place Melo may not be able to play for the newly formed Knicks...He'll be smart to work with the Nuggets and see what offers are really out their for both parties...And if I'm not mistaken with the current CBA up and a possible lock out looming, the team that currently holds any free agent would retain his rights and the team would be able the work out a deal with player when the NBA comes back...I think it's similar to the NFL...

the lake show
I doubt he would sign the

I doubt he would sign the extension just to have that money but playing somewhere that he doesn't wanna be. I also don't see how the nets are a lotto team with melo. They are at the very least as good as the knicks with melo and lopez

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Why is Galinari a beast yet

Why is Galinari a beast yet everyone considers Bargnani as a scrub? When on the National team Galinari listens to Bargnani's direction and plays 2nd fiddle to him.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Noone said Gallo was a beast

Noone said Gallo was a beast and Bargnani a scrub.

I actually wrote Andrea would have a fantastic season and Gallo would be the 3rd guy in NY.

Also....Bargnani makes 11 mil while Gallo makes like 4 mil the numbers shouldn't be close either.

bkballer
Scarecrow you are an idiot...

Scarecrow you are an idiot... both gallo and randolph are worth lottery picks. Randolph DID NOT come to camp out of shape I dont know why you keep saying that. You might be thinking of Curry. And Chandler is worth a late first rounder from a team like the magic, spurs etc....

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
The new CBA would effect his

The new CBA would effect his money either way. Unless they are grandfathered in, any deal this year will have to adjust to the new CBA. Also his contract would not start still next year anyway so really he is not really losing as much as people are saying.

Also the longer Denver waits the less leverage they have. If Melo is smart, he will not go anywhere but where he wants to go. I hope he gets trade mid season because New York will not give up a lot to get him for half a season when he is about to be a free agent. They could just give up some expirings and maybe one of their young players. Most likely Chandler and Randolph.

Mr. 19134
Mr. 19134's picture
I SAID THAT Gallo is a best

I SAID THAT Gallo is a best because he is and I'm not a Knicks fans, In fact i hate the Knicks besides Gallo and Amare, and Felton a little. I use to Love Randolph untill I watched the Knicks Training Camp. Randolph is the definition of a floater he just seems lost out there on the court. And I don't think he is worth a lottery pick right now, but maybe considering next years draft is so week. There is not one player from this past draft that went in the lotter I would trade for Randolph. Aminu reminds me a lot of Randolph but he is more refined and will probably have a better career. And next year Jan Vesselly is a Randolph type player but will have a bigger impact in the league IMO. But if anybody can get the most out of Randolph it's D'Antoni. Who said Randolp will play everywhere from shooting guard to center this season. Like he did with Diaw.

But as it stands right now the only person on the Knicks worth a lottery pick is Gallo. With Randolph and Chandler worth picks in the 20's if not late teens.

And I when I said Gallo is a beast I wasn't talking about the Raptors because I thinks Bargs can be too. Bargs should average like 24 this year with Bosh gone. I just wish Bargs would get more rebounds.

And another player I really like on the Knicks is Bill Walker this guy had top 5 talent coming out of HS unfortunately a series of knee injuries halted his progress. But I expect a big season from him too. I think he can give you 14 points this year. His game is very similar to Pierces but Walker plays above the rim.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Im just saying I hear alot of

Im just saying I hear alot of misconseptions about Bargnani, like how he is the softest player in the NBA and a horrible defender, or cant play in the post. Not taking shots here I just feel like when you play for a team like the Knicks the media praises you for your talents and hides your weakness's amd when you play for a team like Toronto the media exposes your weakness's and hides your talents. I also think Galinari is a very talented and effecient scorer with a large arsenal. Definitely one of the top shooters in the game.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
I feel you. I feel the Gallo

I feel you. I feel the Gallo thing has been a bit overblown. When he played PF last season, opponents PF's averaged 5.1 more points against NY. He's a great shooter and could be a great 3rd-4th man on a team ( Peja on Sacramento style) who's pursuing a title.

Narc
I think that the $11 million

I think that the $11 million dollars that Eddy Curry is set to make comes off the books this season, that's 1st round pick worthy.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Thats exactly what he is, a

Thats exactly what he is, a zonebuster but a durable one and consistant one. It is very hard to consistantly shoot so efficiently and at such a high rate but he does it. I think he should play about 28- 30 minutes per game this year since New York is so stacked at SF.

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Narc that would mean New York

Narc that would mean New York would have to eat an 11 mil MULTIYEAR contract...That is Melo/Paul/Superstar money that they cannot deal for a pick.

Narc
They could get lesser

They could get lesser expiring contracts in return, that is assuming they have the roster space. But as far as trading Gallo for a 1st rounder, I would not do it. Last year I think he proved himself to be one of the purest shooters in the league and down the stretch, even though he started to wear down, he started to expand his game a little bit more and started to be more vocal not only to the press but in the locker room as well.

With the team they are building with so much height on the inside, Gallo is an important piece that they cant afford to trade IMO. Curry is the only real asset outside of Anthony Randolph and Wilson Chandler they would have if you exclude Gallo from a deal.

yankees1
Melo Knicks ?

Stanford hoops... I do not think the Nets even with Melo would be a definite playoff team.( perhaps next year after a free agent signing or two, they will be there. ) As for the Knicks as presently constructed. I do not think they are a playoff team either. I know they added Stats, Felton ( and to a lesser degree Randolph)... but they also lost their two most productive players in Lee and Harrington. They are still improved but by how much ? Time will tell ! And I still feel that Melo will not pass up a 65 million $ extension to become a free agent. ( so he can sign with the Knicks). I'm sure their are other teams that he would agree to. Supposedly the Nets were a team he would have signed up for. Rumor has it that Denver's G.M. pulled out of the deal.

bkballer
People also have to get over

People also have to get over the Harrington "loss". Whoever things letting him go was a "loss" has never watched a Knick game. He is by far my least favorite Knick of all time, this guy is the biggest bonehead and is just a stat guy. He will single handedly win you 2 games and lose you 5 in the process.

Narc
Harrington has by far the

Harrington has by far the worse shot selection in the NBA. Not to mention he cost the Knicks two games against the Clippers by doing the same thing twice, hanging on the rim after a dunk.

bkballer
I liked the Harrington

I liked the Harrington signing for the Nuggets...AT FIRST. I thought a team loaded with Melo and Chauncey would keep him in check. But with Melo on his way out and Chauncey on the trading block... that signing will be a disaster. Harrington can only be good for a team as a reserve being kept on a very short leash.

McWinning
Harrington has by far the

Harrington has by far the worst shot sellection in the league?

Where does that put Gallo whos shot a much lower percentage than him?

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Shot selection and shooting

Shot selection and shooting percentage are different my friend...

bkballer
Gallo shot a higher TS%

TS% is what calculates offensive efficeincy. Gallo shot a higher TS%.... because 60% of his shots were threes. Harringtons highest TS of his 8 year career is 54.7% and Gallos was 57.5% in what essentially was his rookie season coming right off back surgery and 62.1% in the limited time he got to play the year before. Plus Harrington when the game is on the line is a disaster.

McWinning
But if you have a worse shot

But if you have a worse shot selection and make it more often its better for the team.

Thats the problem with the Knicks, amare is their only player who can consistantly creat shots.

Mr.Knick 32
Mr.Knick 32's picture
Thats the problem with the

Thats the problem with the Knicks, amare is their only player who can consistantly creat shots.

Define creating a shot...

McWinning
Gallo is a good three point

Gallo is a good three point shooter, and a good free throw shooter but when he tried to create offensivly he struggled, i remember watching him and he was being guarded by a point guard (cant remember who) and he couldnt score on him.

Chandler cant create, Felton can create a little, theirs no one else that can create offensivly really.

Narc
Gallo can create his own shot

Gallo can create his own shot because he has a grasp on a very underrated move, a pump fake. Gallo scores a lot of three's in people face because the one thing he does to well is pump fake.

With the team the Knicks have, since Stoudamire will probably be doubled on occasion, they don't need to have too many guys who can create their own shot, because of the double they will be open, so all he has to do is kick the ball out.

NYCrealdeal
NYCrealdeal's picture
you guys really love to

bash the knicks

anyways the trade for a 1st rounder was suposed to be for chandler not gallo or randolf

gallo is the one ny wants to trade and randolph is the NY likes most because of his versitility

so then they can trade the pick gallo curry for melo

harrington can be a cancer to the locker room

i hate watching him play hes so selfish

OhCanada-
OhCanada-'s picture
Azubuike can create his own

Azubuike can create his own shot, Mason can create his own shot, Chandler can create his own shot, Galinari can create his own shot..they may not be too effiecent but they can.

sheltwon3
sheltwon3's picture
Chandler can definitely

Chandler can definitely create his own shot. Galllo can with limits. Roger Mason a combo guard can create his own shot. I am Azubuike can as well but I don't enough about his game to say heads or teams. New Knicks will be better than people think

That Russian is said to be looking good and they have Turiaf who is a vet and brings energy and solid production.

They have young depth and length. They have some guys that will come out of nowhere like Walker, Fields. Anthony Randolph may even break up. I think early on people have been hard on him because he is so talented but has yet to show anything. It took Andray Blancthe a while and people said the same stuff about him and his work ethic. It took JJ Redick, a very skilled player and great shooter like 3 years to be a serious rotation player so some people it will take some time. I think in New York, he will get the opportunity and hopefully it forces him to work harder and develop more parts of his game.

RSS: Syndicate content